Improved flamer (inferno) ROF in campaign

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Eugen
Trained
Trained

Improved flamer (inferno) ROF in campaign

Post by Eugen »

Hello!

I think the flamer (inferno) is very weak in the warzone original campaign (I am playing WZ 2.3.5). With such little rate of fire (6 in Arizona) I can't find a way how it can be effectively used in combat.

If other users and developers on this forum find it reasonable, could you please improve the flamer's (inferno's) ROF?

Since the specific features of this weapon (effective only against bunkers and hover/wheeled units) increasing its ROF could make this weapon useful in an original campaign. And it could become an essential part in a player's arsenal.

Thank you!
Defacto
Trained
Trained

Re: Improved flamer (inferno) ROF in campaign

Post by Defacto »

I support. And i agree.
HALO DERE
IMMA DEFDAKTOS INVSIBAL NUB

I HAIDE IN HIS HED AND SPAMM HIS SIGNUTRUES LOLOLOL
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Devs don't want to change anything in the campaign. They like to keep it as it used to be in the original version of the game. There already were a lot of such weapon balance changes that affected skirmish, but none of them made it to the campaign. You can make a mod that does it ;)

You are right, there are a lot of useless weapons in the campaign, while other weapons are overpowered.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

I still think machine guns are too powerful in skirmish and campaign. :annoyed:
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Thats so true....mg stronger then cannon?!?WTH...OMG...Weird!!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Verin wrote:I still think machine guns are too powerful in skirmish and campaign. :annoyed:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7059#p74013 <-- read the changelog
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Eugen
Trained
Trained

Post by Eugen »

Well, flamer is greatly improved in Hardcore mod for campaign: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2777&hilit=hardcore#p26902

I tried this mod with warzone 2.3.1a and there were several bugs. For example units assigned to a command turret did not retreat at heavy damage though they were set to do so. I don't know if this was fixed.

I have downloaded the latest version 2.3.5 quite recently - so I am going to try a hardcore mod with it.
Currently running warzone2100-master-20180928-122314-de6b592_x86_portable.