More bugs were squashed, multiplayer sync improvements and for more information, see the changelog.
Note, when playing multiplayer games, you will see some "info" log lines, these are NOT errors or warnings, it is to help us track down issues that were reported in trac.
If you have a multiplayer problem, that has to do with drops / kicks / sync issues, then we need all your logs to help us track down the issue.
The logs are stderr.txt, stdout.txt (if present), and in your config directory, netplay-xxx_yyy.log where xxx is the month & day, and yyy = hour/min/sec that you played the game.
Be sure to attach all files, and the warzone2100.rpt file, (if it crashes), in your bug reports. Don't zip them please!
Your config directory is in ~/.warzone2100-2.3 for linux,
c:\My Documents\Warzone 2100-2.3 for windows, and ~/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100-2.3 for macs.
stdout.txt and stderr.txt are only available on windows.
For linux and macs, use --debugfile filename.txt to capture the log files, and upload that.
The Windows installer for this release was built on a different system than those of Beta 5 - Beta 9, please report any irregularities. If your virus scanner complains about it, please report it to the maker as a false positive (and tell us, so we can report it to them as well). The installer is cross-compiled on a Linux system, the hosting is done on Linux, the file never even touched a Windows system before the download.
NOTE: it has come to our attention, that you should uninstall the previous version of the game, before installing the new version, since some filenames have changed, and you will have some broken links / shortcuts if you don't uninstall it. This will not break the game, just the shortcuts/links will be wrong, and this is windows only.
NOTE: old skirmish savegames will not work with this version, and old mods *MAY NOT* work with this version:
Mods will have to be changed. The old way just made no sense and broke things left and right. Again, scripts have access to all templates, but humans only those set to player zero.
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.
For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page.
2010-02-07: Version 2.3 beta 10
- Change: Add mod list to crash report file (r9651)
- Fix: Various warnings and asserts (r9494, r9500)
- Fix: Redundant components being still available if researched after being made redundant (#1462, r9492)
- Fix: Now also oil derricks are darkened by true fog of war and pulse when selected (r9543)
- Fix: Clear teams when loading from in-game menu (r9541)
- Fix: Unbuilt structures and walls should not confer visibility (r9537, #1483)
- Fix: Sensor in range check bug (r9531)
- Fix: Sound related crash on exit (r9528, #1444)
- Fix: Structures popping in and out of true fog of war darkness (r9502)
- Fix: Only play detection samples when that person found the power resource / artifact (r9596, r9643, #1496 )
- Change: Add sync counters to help diagnose when we can't sync anymore due to the packet size exceeding our limits. This is in netplay-xxxx_yyyy.log in your config directory! (r9584)
- Change: "netplay.log" to now be "netplay-xxxx_yyyyyy.log" where xxxx = month&day and yyyyyy = hour&min&sec (r9645)
- Fix: When player drops, make sure to destroy everything they had (r9644, #1020)
- Fix: Fix kicking issues when players tried to play a game when they came from a previous game (r9603)
- Fix: Network synchronization updates was broken for most orders (r9681, #1505, #1516)
- Fix: Remove disabled players from skirmish games with scavengers turned on (r9724)
- Fix: The Wide Spectrum Sensor no longer works as a Counterbattery sensor as this allowed cheating (r9560)
- Fix: Workaround for bug that made AI stop research sometimes fixed (r9534)
- Fix: Some AI unit templates had multiple turrets, but shouldn't have (r9605, #1510)
- Fix: Scoreboard should be more accurate (r9587, #1500)
- Fix: Scavenger AI is now active again (r9692, #1550)