This release is network incompatible with previous versions. (You cannot play multiplayer games with previous versions of Warzone.)
We squashed some more bugs, some balance changes, and other numerous things.
For a complete list see the Changelog.
As always: Please report all bugs, without them, we can't fix them!
Since there is some confusion on how to handle bug reports, I have decided to post the bug reporting guidelines here:
Bugs are different kinds of errors and glitches that sometimes can even lead to crashes. Due to the limited resources of the Warzone 2100 Project not everything can be tested prior to release. In order to be able to fix those bugs we need you to report those bugs. For the bug reports to be the most helpful we put up this page as a guide to writing good bug reports.
How to report bugs
- Use the search to find out, if your bug has not been reported yet.
- If you did find it there and you have more information than was provided by the original reporter, add your information.
- If you did not find it, submit a new bug report
- Write something meaningful into the summary. Not just "I found a bug", but instead write "Crash when building units" (for example).
- Give a very detailed description of the bug and how to reproduce it. This is the most important information!
- If you are using the trunk version from Subversion, be sure to add the used revision, too.
- If you are using a version from a package repository, be sure to add information on the package.
- State which operating system and version of it you are running. This includes the service pack under Windows and the distribution on Linux.
- Information about the game options you chose and the drivers (video/audio) you use and your hardware is very useful to us.
- Additionally you could provide backtraces, logfiles, screenshots and other additional information you can get as an attachment. (Backtraces in pastebins ("nopaste") or on upload sites are NOT useful.)
- Savegames that can reproduce the issue are very much welcomed! Package the savegamename.gam, savegamename.es (if exists), and everything in the savegamename folder as well in a zip file.
- If you can, please attach the crash mini dump file to your bug report. If you are using an executable you compiled yourself, please attach the executable as well, so that the developers can use it to extract information from the dump file.
- On Windows, you can find stderr.txt & warzone2100.RPT (crash dump file) in the same directory as warzone2100.exe is in.
- On Linux, you can find the crash dump in /tmp.
Now that you know all this, use http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket to create a bug report!
As always, download from http://wz2100.net/download
2009-10-11: Version 2.2.4
* Fix: Indirect fire weapons can no longer use sensors to fire at targets the sensor cannot see. (r8177)
* Fix: Improved error handling in some cases - try to avoid crashing (ticket:962)
* Fix: Bug in map renderer that would cause non-power of two maps to display wrongly. (r8208)
* Fix: Added support for ATI-specific two-sided stencil extension. Will decrease CPU usage on ATI cards. (r8185)
* Fix: Correctly handle savegame names (ticket:981, r8227, r8246)
* Fix: Improve anti-air and make it more like the original by making AA shots homing like in skirmish (r8258)
* Change: Data integrity check is added. This will break network connectivity with 2.2.3. (r8205, ticket:961)
* Balancing - skirmish (r8262):
* Most projectiles 1.5x faster to reduce sync problems
* Mini-Rocket Artillery renamed Mini-Rocket Array
* MRL Emplacement renamed Mini-Rocket Battery
* Angel Missile renamed Seraph Missile Array
* Angel Missile Battery renamed Short-Range Missile Battery
* Hurricane splash increased 10 -> 30
* Cyclone splash increased 40 -> 60
* Whirlwind splash increased 30 -> 50
* Avenger and Vindicator damage increased 320 -> 350, accuracy increased 60%-70% -> 70%-80%
* Stormbringer damage increased 140 -> 180
* All lasers now have 80%-80% accuracy
* Plasmite Bomb weight increased 8000 -> 12000
* Mini-pod can hit air targets
* Decrease Pulse Laser and Heavy Laser ROF, increase corresponding damage
* Decrease VTOL MG damage, increase VTOL MG shots-per-rearm
* Artillery to hover multiplier decreased from 110% to 100%
* Artillery to tracks multiplier decreased from 65% to 50%
* Artillery to half-tracks multiplier decreased from 80% to 70%
* Artillery to wheels multiplier decreased from 95% to 90%
* Anti-tank to hover multiplier decreased from 100% to 90%
* AP to hard multiplier increased from 45% to 50%
* Seraph Missile Array range increased from 5-11 to 5-14
* Command Center must be built before MG tower can be researched
* Truck HP decreased 50 -> 25
* Truck weight increased 600 -> 800
* Inferno bunker research price 150 -> 125
* Plasmite bunker research price 150 -> 125
* Plasma Cannon radius increased from 1 to 3.5 and range from 5.5 to 6