Split from: driving mode interface

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
alysian
New user

Split from: driving mode interface

Post by alysian »

What makes a vehicle jerk while driving up hill? Well, for the past 3 months I've been taking my for expedition to a ford company and I've been telling the service people my vehicle is jerking after driving off from traffic lights , stops signs, or driving upward hills. This has not happen before. Something is wrong with my vehicle. If I start to drive off the vehicle will stall then jerk and take off. This is dangerous to me.But, the company tells me to wait until the red light come on , because we don't see a problem.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Re: driving mode interface

Post by Avestron »

/erm - rather off topic but its possible that you are applying too much weight on the pedal and your foot isn't used to pedal control (for the benefit of others - try applying your brakes with the other foot some time ;c)

Manual or Automatic? Experienced?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Split from: driving mode interface

Post by Zarel »

Erm... This is definitely a spambot, but I can't tell what it's trying to spam...

I would've deleted these posts entirely, but I was wondering if someone could explain to me: What, exactly, is this spambot trying to do?

It was split from this topic, btw: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2492

Anyone who doubts it's a spambot can notice that the text was lifted from this Yahoo Answers thread from a year ago: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 254AAVsK1R

It was posted in a thread that is only tangentially related, which suggests a spambot that posts in threads with "driving" in their title, in an attempt to seem relevant.
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Zarel wrote:Erm... This is definitely a spambot, but I can't tell what it's trying to spam...

I would've deleted these posts entirely, but I was wondering if someone could explain to me: What, exactly, is this spambot trying to do?
That's something that has fascinated me about spam in the last few years.
Just look at your spam folder on Gmail or Hotmail, and you'll notice that most of the spam is not about trying to sell you strange pills anymore, but only contains such randomly generated nonsense.
It seems the people setting up the spam bots have shifted focus from trying to trick people into buying useless or nonexistant products to just attempting to flood the internet with spam.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

could be something similar to igod?
apparently it has the ability to read web pages if you link them.

maybe people out there playing with ai?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

fisk0 wrote:That's something that has fascinated me about spam in the last few years.
Just look at your spam folder on Gmail or Hotmail, and you'll notice that most of the spam is not about trying to sell you strange pills anymore, but only contains such randomly generated nonsense.
It seems the people setting up the spam bots have shifted focus from trying to trick people into buying useless or nonexistant products to just attempting to flood the internet with spam.
Usually those contain an attached image or a link in the html part, while from the text part those are not obvious.

This seems to be either a bot or a stupid human that succeeded in spamming, but failed to leave the actual link they intended to place here.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Hm, another Yahoo Answers text here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2395 Goodbye little useless post.
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

I looks like it wants to sue "The Ford Motor Company"!! But hey, I got one. It looks quite nice. It drives good. So what!? :D
IMGP0493.JPG
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Zarel wrote:Erm... This is definitely a spambot, but I can't tell what it's trying to spam...

Add vaguely on-topic post, hope that people forget about it, add link in the signature later. See e.g. http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb2/viewtopic. ... 6039#26039 - that user posted similar stuff in another forum as well, and the signature was "i need help", not random links. Seems like it failed to leave a signature here, I guess it later searches for "i need help" and puts its links there.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

cybersphinx wrote:Add vaguely on-topic post, hope that people forget about it, add link in the signature later. See e.g. http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb2/viewtopic. ... 6039#26039 - that user posted similar stuff in another forum as well, and the signature was "i need help", not random links. Seems like it failed to leave a signature here, I guess it later searches for "i need help" and puts its links there.
Whoa.

The spambots are getting too smart these days...