Noob needs help (Repair)

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Re: Noob needs help (Repair)

Post by psychopompos »

at the start of campaign an easy way to keep your stuff alive is to leave your rep droids at base & tell your units to retreat at medium damage.
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
pooky2483
Greenhorn

Post by pooky2483 »

But I can't usually make a repair droid untill Ive been playing for about an hour or had <loads> of battles and discovered about 4-5 enemy bases...
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

That's by design - you get more tech as you progress in the campaign. Until then, you need to find alternate ways to survive.

Before I get repair turrets, I usually recycle damaged units in the campaign (and even in skirmish games I do the same usually). That way you at least get some money back to contribute to the cost of building a new unit.

Also, learn to micromanage your units. So, when a unit gets damaged, move that unit back behind healthier units - the enemy will start attacking the healthy units then you can bring the damaged unit back in to the battle so it's still attacking the enemy while they're distracted by some other unit = you kill the enemy faster and lose fewer units.

Another tactic is to gather several units together before engaging the enemy - don't just attack with one or two units, attack with 20 or more and you'll kill the enemy much faster, giving them less time to attack you in the process.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO