Some Balance Alterations for Bodies

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Some Balance Alterations for Bodies

Post by Kacen »

In March 2005 on my old comp I made a Microsoft Excel document for my balance alterations for the bodies.

This is when I used to mod Warzone, and it was of my opinion that it wasn't really fair or creative that the Nexus bodies were pretty much in every way better than all the others, as they seemed to combine everything thats good about the other bodies. So like I said I made my own alterations in my own little custom mod and listed all those changes, which were not only to the Nexus bodies, in the Microsoft Excel document.

But when my computer got fried in May 2005 and I got my new computer it seemed I couldn't get Warzone 2100 to work, so I gave up on the game and modding it. I left the Excel document on my old comp. Now a few days ago I finally hooked up my old comp's hard drive to my new comp, and I found that Excel document again. I made a few tweaks and I decided to upload it here for you guys, to see if you could benefit from my ideas.

Teal stats denote a change from the default, and holding your cursor over a state shows you the defaults. Now the three new bodies at the bottom were just ideas I had for bodies that I was never able to implement due to my lack of modeling skills, so feel free to ignore them (or...).

So tell me guys if my alterations would be helpful to make the game more enjoyable. ^_^

EDIT: I realized I had forgotten to teal some of the stats in the document so I updated it.
Attachments
Bodies Stats.xls
(44.5 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Last edited by Kacen on 16 Apr 2007, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Some Balance Alterations for Bodies

Post by Watermelon »

yes the cat/revenge/dragon family bodies could use some buff,their hp/kinetic armor is not very impressive compare to snake/bug family ones,I think mp players never? tech past mantis...
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Re: Some Balance Alterations for Bodies

Post by Kacen »

Basically what I did is try to give each body group its own advantages and disadvantages to make it so neither group is in every way better than the others.

Project bodies are the most well rounded.

New Paradigm bodies have weak durability and kinetic armor but the most powerful thermal armor and powerful engines, and are also very light.

Collective bodies are the most durable and have powerful kinetic armor but the weakest thermal armor. They also can support the most weight of all bodies and are thus the heaviest (not counting the red bodies).

Nexus bodies now are somewhat boosted project bodies just they are lighter than all the other bodies therefore they cannot support as much weight as easily. Also they are still the most expensive.

EDIT: I realized I had forgotten to teal some of the letters in the document so I updated it.