Multiplayer balance changes. Two new 2 player maps: Vision and Roughness. Videos can now be up to 1024x768 pixels large, and optionally played back with scanlines (either black or half brightness). Reverted the change that made terrain block projectiles respectively units shoot into the ground. Limited map-mod support, data included in a map file will only affect games on that map. Maps have to be uploaded by the host/downloaded by the players, so keeping them small is advised. Also there's no indication when a multiplayer game uses a map-mod.
There's a new quick start guide in html and pdf format, mostly done by BlueMaxima. On Windows available from the start menu, on Linux under /usr/share/doc/warzone2100. It's not (yet?) included in the Mac builds, but also available from http://wz2100.net/~cybersphinx/quickstartguide.html and http://wz2100.net/~cybersphinx/quickstartguide.pdf.
The ChangeLog is below, those interested in the gritty details can have a look at the complete list of commits: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... todo/2.3.8
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.
For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
2011-05-17: Version 2.3.8
- New: Two new 2 player maps - Vision and Roughness (697afb16d5, ebfc46b679)
- Change: Increase recycled experience storage in memory (703665b4b7)
- Change: Set a window icon (#2465, ac792c67d4)
- Change: Allow projectiles to go through terrain again (#2386, d13ede6bf2)
- Change: Limited support for map-mods. Only load the map file actually used when starting a game. (#2610, 65d968cdfc)
- Change: Show the minimap larger on small maps if the vertical resolution is higher than 480 (5731d0e12c, c201b5948b)
- Change: Show experience with one decimal place (#2641, fb5d9645e8)
- Change: Allow video resolutions up to 1024x1024 (#2682, 1f4690572b, 7019d7eb51)
- Change: Add an option to show videos with black or 50% dimmed scanlines (#2095, 96984700f5, 549c476672, 8895d58d28)
- Change: Use a resolution-dependent font size for video subtitles (9597d741a0)
- Change: Show power generator effects for all players (adeacf66a1)
- Fix: Prevent savegame corruption (#2100, a974722e39, #2625, cc156a668f, #2627, fc0f87807e)
- Fix: Prevent saved experience from being truncated (#2641, 4b197ba312)
- Fix: Prevent building on burning oil (#1100, 2745ac27f8)
- HP increased:
* Leopard 85 → 107
* Panther 145 → 193
* Tiger 225 → 284
- Range increased:
* Minipod 3-8 → 4-9
* MRA 3-8.5 → 4-9
* Damage increased 50 → 60 (splash 30 → 40)
* Reload time decreased 2.0 → 1.8
- Heavy Laser (normal and VTOL):
* Price decreased 600 → 400
* Build points decreased 1000 → 600
* HP increased 200 → 300
- Twin Assault Cannon:
* Damage decreased 55 → 50 (splash 45 → 40)
- Plasmite Bomb:
* Weight increased 12000 → 15000
- VTOL Sunburst AA:
* Damage increased 100 → 120
* Splash damage removed
- Lowered prerequisites:
* Thermal Armor from Dense Composite Alloys to Composite Alloys Mk3
* High Intensity Thermal Armor from Superdense Composite Alloys to Dense Composite Alloys Mk3