Apart from the usual heap of bugfixes and translation updates, this release includes some multiplayer rebalancing to adjust for the working-again armour: MG damage to cyborgs was increased by 10%, to tracks decreased by 10%, and to bunkers decreased 5%. Cannon damage to buildings and hardpoints increased 10%, to bunkers increased 25%. Also, the AI got some new top level templates, which hopefully make it a bit more dangerous in the end game.
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.
For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
2011-01-20: Version 2.3.7
- Fix: Make construction, production and research independent of framerate and number of parallel tasks (b4e33f24a2)
- Fix: Changing droid settings now works, even if selecting more than 100 droids (9bab7867c8)
- Fix: Reset construction speed upgrades between games (9a28d849f9)
- Fix: Don't gain experience by shooting your own buildings/units (61adc3712a)
- Fix: Don't truncate usernames at the first unicode character (da4a6ea4cc)
- Fix: Correct delivery point placement for cyborg factories and repair facilities (b25bc87b3a)
- Change: Retire the current AI top model template with heavy laser in favour of two new ones. First is armed with seraph missiles, the second with both seraph missiles and gauss cannon on a dragon body (4c0b8a68af)
- Fix: Prevent clients from getting confused when trying to leave the game setup screen by pressing the Escape key (9cacfc52a4)
- Mg damage to cyborgs up 10%, to tracks down 10%, and to bunkers down 5%
- Cannon damage to buildings and hardpoints up 10% and to bunkers up 25%
- Change: Show a savegame's timestamp tooltip in the current locale (#2303, ec1bbcbbaf)
- Change: Show distances and speeds in terms of tiles (e192e8a758)
- Fix: Improve UI responsiveness under low framerates (89d8b599d5)
- Fix: Prevent some key presses from being ignored (942c2f1fe3)
- Fix: Don't show health bars over empty terrain, when set to always display energy bars (#912, 61a79c761a)