master-20101030 is now released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

master-20101030 is now released!

Post by Buginator »

The Warzone 2100 Project staff bring you a new special testing build, master-20101030!

This build features the new netcode that everyone has been waiting for.
We eagerly await feedback for this Special Testing build!

NOTE: command line options now require a "=" before the parameter.
For example, --configdir=./blah

NOTE: For mac users: Support for 10.4 has been discontinued; using 10.6 is highly recommended as 10.5 does not support a sufficiently high OpenGL version for all types of GFX cards.

Please submit all bugs via this link, and follow the directions listed at the link, we need every bit of that information in order to fix bugs!

Downloads will be made available at our usual site:
Warzone 2100 file releases on Sourceforge.

Downloads:
source tarball:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download
Mac:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... g/download
Windows:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download
and it ends here.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: master-20101030 is now released!

Post by NoQ »

I've just had this on this master. This never happened before (on any renderer). I can't reproduce it though.
Also, my buddy crashed two times out of two (on windows) when trying to join my game (though i joined him later without any problems)
The new pathfinder looks a little slow too, but bearable (:

Well, still, looks like the new netcode is better :3 Some 2+2=5's are still here (: And still tanks seem to die at lags (: But still looks like it's much better (:
jamwaffles
New user

Post by jamwaffles »

hao

It looks like you don't have some of the textures from the terrain decals. If you can't reproduce it then maybe it's a silly bug or the image files have magically appeared. Did you download the map from someone?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Did you download the map from someone?
No, it's Startup :p Yes, these are decals (roads are also decals, right?)
Still, it happened only once ...
garantiertnicht
Greenhorn

Post by garantiertnicht »

I hav found fallow new think
  • A zzz symbol when a player go away
    A door as Building
The "doors" have a little problem: Compeuter-Players don't go to the doors. Whan you have Traps with doors, and the Trap is the shortest way, he go in Front of the Traps and wait.
Last edited by garantiertnicht on 01 Nov 2010, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
Player Name: "garantiertnichtDE"
You can talk to me DEUTSCH.
R Hannay
Trained
Trained

Post by R Hannay »

Gentlemen, I would say that my personal feeling toward this release is very positive. To say I am much in favor of the new netcode would be an understatement. Excepting some minor bugs, one thing I might suggest attention to is the slight delay time before orders are carried out. Additionally, my trucks have a hard time pathfinding. When I send them through chokepoints, I see some trucks trying to take a different path around the choke, I suppose with the reason of not causing a traffic jam. However, this is invalid as there are no other paths to take! Perhaps in such situations, these trucks could travel one after the other through such a chokepoint instead of all jamming in at once or some trying routes that don't exist.

A significant point which I would like to raise is that of Warzone's power system (discussion here.) This recent master build illustrates the new system which operates on the experimental power flow method. I might say that I am in much disagreement with this method because I never know how much power I actually have. I only see an arbitrary number that is increasing or decreasing and I thus have a harder time planning ahead to use power. From reading the power post, it seems to be that a direct debit method would be preferable. However, I would say that with a debit method, there should be no way to begin any item of production, research, or construction without having the required resources at hand. This would prevent any of the production "bottlenecks" which people complained about in the aforementioned thread. I think it is best if discussion of this point continues in the power flow thread to which I linked. Much obliged
-R
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

It seems like Semper Fi AI don't build any combat units, only Trucks, Combat Engineers, Mechanics, Repair Units & VTOLs only, no matter what Tier Tech you start.

I'll post a bug report of this ASAP. (Bug is known and Per claims that will be fixed)

BP
Last edited by Black Project on 31 Oct 2010, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

IIRC it is the same for all AIs in master ATM. Bug is known and will be fixed.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Per wrote:IIRC it is the same for all AIs in master ATM. Bug is known and will be fixed.
Okay, thanks

BP
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa, I have a mac 10.5.8, You guys no longer support that!?!? wtf my mac is like 2 years old if not even.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
dmdilks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dmdilks »

I'm having problems with tanks getting stuck in the side of the hills. The only way I can get them unstuck is if go to another area and when I'm in that area click on them to go to the transport.
GA-GA-X79-UD3 i7-3820 3.60GHz, G-Skill 16gb DDR3 1866, HD 6950 2GB, Glacier 900W, COOLER MASTER HAF 932 , 128gb SSD, 750gb HDD Win7-64bit
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

Verin wrote:Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa, I have a mac 10.5.8, You guys no longer support that!?!? wtf my mac is like 2 years old if not even.
10.5 is supported; however (yeah I hate qualifiers too) with some GFX card models (only 2 or 3 of them) it will not support a high enough version of OpenGL to be able to run the game.

Do not despair though, these GFX cards only came in intel machines and 10.6 does have the drivers to support running the game (I would recommend the upgrade in any case).
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I've noticed that the game time, and map name don't appear in the main GUI, is this intentional? Are there console commands to enable/disable them?
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
roguk

Post by roguk »

i think maybe if yuo type "rolex" it works out :lol2: :lol2:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

roguk wrote:i think maybe if yuo type "rolex" it works out :lol2: :lol2:
It's funny you should say that, because we did try that one, as well as "Timex" :D

The clock is still visible on the Intelligence Display (F5) . But it's just not the same I guess.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce