In this release, we have changed the write directory for warzone's crash report file (warzone2100.rpt [windows only]) and the logging file (WZlog*.txt), to obey window's vista & win 7 UAC restrictions.
All our files will now be written to <config-dir>/logs.
On windows: C:\Users\user name\Documents\warzone2100\logs
On linux: ~/.warzone2100-2.3/logs
On mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100 2.3/logs
The stderr file is called WZlog-<date>_<time>.txt
As usual, this release candidate brings in more fixes.
Thanks again for testing!
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.
For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page.
2010-04-17: Version 2.3 RC 1a
- Change: Supress system dialogs when in full screen mode (r10605, ticket:1776)
- Fix: Actually use saved experience for new droids (r10604, ticket:251)
- Fix: Various build fixes (r10558, r10561, r10563, r10586, r10595, r10606)
- Fix: When using a passworded game, prevent connection to anyone but the host, until verified. (r10572, ticket:1611
- Change: DyDo AI updated to version 2.1.1
- Updated: Spanish (r10598), German (r10599), Croatian (r10588), Polish (r10577)