Oil wells are no longer always shown, to prevent leaking information about enemy expansion. Network sync was reverted to the state of Beta 4. For the other changes, see the detailed changelog below.
Savegames from Beta 6 should still work; for multiplayer, all players need to use Beta 7.
The Windows installer for this release was built on a different system than those up to Beta 4, please report any irregularities. If your virus scanner complains about it, please report it to the maker as a false positive (and tell us, so we can report it to them as well). The installer is cross-compiled on a Linux system, the hosting is done on Linux, the file never even touched a Windows system before the download.
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.
For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page.
2010-01-11: Version 2.3 beta 7
- Change: No longer always show all oil derricks in skirmish since it was leaking too much information about where the enemy expands (ticket:1087, r9060)
- Fix: Some challenges placed players on the wrong positions (r9057)
- Fix: Tutorial could not be finished (r9034, ticket:1361)
- Fix: Tutorial / Fast Play works again (r9029)
- Fix: Fog of War now shown in all radar modes (r9059)
- Fix: Messages sent to allies no longer appear twice (r9055)
- Fix: Audio queue not being cleared properly (r9107, ticket:1391)
- Fix: Incendiary weapon fire could appear in the wrong place (r9126)
- Fix: Various bugs and crashes (r9069, r9063, r9053, r9042, r9048, r9095, r9098, r9108, ticket:1383, r9113, ticket:1334, r9129)
- Change: Sensor tanks now target automatically. (r9105, ticket:1392)
- Change: Power now limited to 100000 (r9073)
- Fix: Transporters didn't fly to delivery point (r9066)
- Change: Allow host to choose teams for any player (r9094)
- Change: Revert outgoing traffic shaping again (r9134)
- Fix: Do not allow kicks to be ignored (r9064, ticket:1375)
- Fix: Revert new sync code to fix sync issues (r9043, r9044)
- Fix: Make sure beacons are only seen by those who should (r9083, ticket:1250)
- New: Ukrainian (r9040)
- Updated: German (r9072), Estonian (r9079)