http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... s/3.1_rc3/
NOTE: Window's Intel integrated graphics users. If you are crashing in ig4icd32.dll as shown in your Warzone2100.RPT file, then please try turning off shaders. There is nothing else that we can do to fix it for intel people, so please report all bugs to Intel so they can fix their problems! http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.h ... s#graphics
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
About the 3.1 series:
Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don't expect old mods to work either.
2.3 is now officially unsupported.
Changes since the 2.3 series:
- New terrain renderer*
- Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
- Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
- Gates in multiplayer games
- New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
- New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
- Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won't all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
- Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
- Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
- Command line parameters now need a '=' (which was optional before), e.g. --resolution=1400x1050
- Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
Changelog for 3.1 rc3:
- Warning: Warn players to downgrade/upgrade PhysFS package from a buggy version 2.0.2 (#3700, 408be743f0)
- Change: Patch PhysFS in the Mac build until there is a new release (a05e8c980b)
- Change: Updated license and string files for Mac builds (7720aa641d)
- Change: HOMING-INDIRECT projectiles no longer collide with large cliffs. Also, if the target is missing, or if it disappears, then the projectile will home in on the terrain where the target was last seen (b256d995b8)
- Change: Simplify repair logic, where a droid is repairing a droid or structure (240256248c)
- Change: Auto-repair now works all the time, not just when droids are stopped (8c83693ba6)
- Fix: Pathfind to area around queued structure to be built, instead of to tile under structure (#3576, 88c1a3c370)
- Fix: Fixed an overflow effect in structure build points which caused a very long progress bar (#3685, 5b3163b943)
- Fix: Never add completely researched research topics back again to the list of available research topics (#3454, d37f5276a1)
- Fix: Fixed a crash when the map included transporters which were placed on it by the map editor (#3714, 508f26a174)
- Fix: Fixed assertion on scavengers with more than 5 factories (667b54b402)
- Fix: Do not crash on pressing 'T' with a transporter selected (#3683, f395be7185)
- Fix: Fixed commander-related desynch and crash (#1924, #3296, #3676, e1178b57e9)
- Fix: Select both Super Transports and Cyborg Transports with Shift+P (#3644, 9f7f7c665b)
- Fix: Fixed failure to repair commanders on Alt+click (#1997, 56001781bc)
- Fix: No longer halt factory production assigned to commanders in skirmish on commander limit, or for VTOLs (#2138, 0773a9ff6c)
- Fix: Automatically relocate delivery points when new structures are going to be built on top of them (#2998, 1cc0d533f4)
- Fix: Update visible tiles immediately when researching sensor upgrades (#3450, b1a1a8e445)
- Fix: Use separate stored-template file for skirmish and campaign (#3702, d969dd7756)
- Fix: Droid parts now properly fly away from a droid which explodes above water (#3681, 60c235ab3f)
- Fix: Turrets no longer appear to bounce when firing from atop a tower (#2789, d608f37fad)
- Change: Updated disabled Satellite Uplink and Laser Satellite Command Post icons (0d333a1a06)
- Change: Player list no longer vanishes after the nickname chooser is closed (11f19fbdb7)
- Change: Scale Warzone2100 logo on the main menu to fit box (#3667, 47011db59e)
- Change: Only show build cursor over structures for building modules which have been researched (#3327, 4f85a5eaa1)
- Fix: Fixed location of centre of viewport rendered on radar window (#3619, 0dde269379)
- Fix: Fixed bug which caused a weird behavior in the way menus worked (#3653, 594b8a6c63)
- New: Add new maps by NoQ: Emergence (10p), Monocot (3p), by tmp500: Bloat (5p) and by Ertox: WindFury (9p) (858664124d)
- Change: Make available again research topics if the Research Facilities researching these particular topics are out-of-order temporarily for construction of Research Modules (5bac6e4273)
- Change: Allow setting/clearing game password even after a game is hosted. Also, if typing password and pressing Enter, will actually set the password (9575cf93e2)
- Change: Disabled game name icon in multiplayer, since it didn't do anything anyway (#1231, 831d22c7d2)
- Change: Check for automake v1.11, for dist-xz support (c3ba9625b9)
- Change: New Greek translation added (#3703, 5ae125c40d, a2c7be0feb, 0a381b3300)
- Update: Polish (#1347, 8299d11fab)
If you are really curious what has been done, then please see: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... s/v3.1_rc3