Let's discuss strategy

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Let's discuss strategy

Post by lav_coyote25 »

devastator wrote:I advise you to use "right enter" to see enemies unit.

also known as the KEYPAD ENTER

xD
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Try this one

Post by Arreon »

If the battle goes on for so long that you research Plasma cannons, box in your most valued resources with them (in addition to your other defenses) since they're cheap and very powerful. Use Counter Battery Sensors to deal with any artillery attacks.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Try hitting home from home

Post by Arreon »

If you have Ripple Rockets or Archangel missiles at your base, try setting up a sensor near your opponent's base. Your rockets might just target the base itself.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

lav_coyote25 wrote: also known as the KEYPAD ENTER

xD
Every button is on the keypad. :P I assume you mean the Num-Enter.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

:stare: :rolleyes: O_o sure, whatever.
DirkZz
New user

Post by DirkZz »

I always used to use ' VTOL Bunker Buster' on the old Wz2100.

Just build 18/27 VTOL Bunk Buster, and assign 2/3 in 1 group.
So you get 9 groups with each 2/3 bunkerbusters.

Then just rush the enemy and blow up all his buildings. I always destroy AA first, and after i destroy all power-related stuff.
AI usally rebuilds AA, costing him alot.. then just keep rushing all the time.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

DirkZz wrote:I always used to use ' VTOL Bunker Buster' on the old Wz2100.

Just build 18/27 VTOL Bunk Buster, and assign 2/3 in 1 group.
So you get 9 groups with each 2/3 bunkerbusters.

Then just rush the enemy and blow up all his buildings. I always destroy AA first, and after i destroy all power-related stuff.
AI usally rebuilds AA, costing him alot.. then just keep rushing all the time.
...by then, you usually realized your time could be better spent blowing up trucks and factories.
DirkZz
New user

Post by DirkZz »

Zarel wrote: ...by then, you usually realized your time could be better spent blowing up trucks and factories.
I always use it as extra, and it works really good for me.
In like 10 minutes i can destroy an entire base of its buildings.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

DirkZz wrote:I always use it as extra, and it works really good for me.
In like 10 minutes i can destroy an entire base of its buildings.
Yeah, and in three minutes (one rearm) I can win the game.

Tell me which method is better. :P
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Rush...truck rush and any other...it's annoying.But i don't like not cause of it's power.It's stupid!I like to win rushers jokinly.I'll make video of my rush surviving soon.Today i played with weedle.He rushed.Yes,he destroyed all my base.But...during his rush i still was gaining money,constructing units and making upgrades!And he did'nt take his own oils!!Rush is anoying power and nothing at once for a good player.If u r creative,survivng is funny.
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

Don't forget about artillery in long-time playings ;)
And Pepperpots are not so useless cause they have fine ROF against Bombards.
Funny thing - using transport with cyborg engineers =)
But I think every player has it's own strategy that's optimized for his needs and way of playing the game :)
Frox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frox »

Philipp
The tank traps just sat there so they were destroyed first and the enemy units wasted their ammunition on them instead of the other structures.

Tank traps are not literally traps. They are just primitive versions of walls. If you where still using tank traps and he had that many heavy tanks I think he must have had most of the maps oils and more upg then you. Bunkers kinda suck against heavy tanks unless you make AT rocket bunkers.
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

Tank traps do not go obsolete with walls.
Bunkers can fire past tank traps, but not hardcrete walls.

So if he was using lancer bunkers - which are tougher than lancer or cannon hardpoints , tank traps are the thing to use.

Bunkers+ tank traps are a good combo, like hardpoints and walls just seem to go together.
Sure, you can construct bunkers on the outside of a wall, but then your trucks can't get to them to repair without exposing themselves to more fire.
TT also allows your direct fire units to participate in defense without going outside your "walls", making retreating for repairs much easier

TT are also 40% cheaper and construct faster, I often use them as "gates" for my walls (of course I've only played skirmish, I know nothing about multiplayer dynamics)... that my tanks gather behind- they can shoot out, and a truck can take them down and put them back up even quicker than normal walls
fulano
Greenhorn

Post by fulano »

You know, I'm not the best at using units in this game yet, could anyone help me find the balance?

I can win any map that lets you block off the entrances to your base with bunkers when I play against AIs. I just research defences until I get good weaponry and finally retaliate.

On the maps where everything is open I can't seem to keep up, I run out of money, my research gets behind, and usually the AI ends up rushing me with more units than I even own myself.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

fulano wrote:You know, I'm not the best at using units in this game yet, could anyone help me find the balance?

I can win any map that lets you block off the entrances to your base with bunkers when I play against AIs. I just research defences until I get good weaponry and finally retaliate.

On the maps where everything is open I can't seem to keep up, I run out of money, my research gets behind, and usually the AI ends up rushing me with more units than I even own myself.
Well, most of the "good" players of the game just exploit bad balance. I wrote several strategy guides that outlined the basic idea. There are very few maps where everything is open, anyway. There are nearly always chokepoints to block off. Make sure you're researching intelligently. Rush for power module, then SLDA/DSLDA/NSRB.