List Game Lobby on website?

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

List Game Lobby on website?

Post by J.Vaughan »

Hey guys, is it possible to list any games that are being hosted in the lobby on the main webpage? I'm sure it would be simple, and it would great for letting everyone know how active wz still is and encourage them to jump on and join.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: List Game Lobby on website?

Post by Zarel »

http://wz2100.net/lobbyserver

It's pretty empty most of the time, really. :/
heatwave
Trained
Trained

Post by heatwave »

It looks like if you click on one of the servers it'll try to open Warzone for you and join the game, but it probably isn't Mac/Safari compatible. (it opens a "warzone://..." URL)

At any rate, is there any way you could make that list RSS-able? it'd be sweet to receive a notification about new games popping up in Mail.

ooh! never mind, I can just make a web clip of it and put it on my dashboard.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

error on my side

Code: Select all

FireFox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (warzone) isn't associated with any program.
perhaps for the future, after betawidget ? :)

edit:
typo -_-
Last edited by Thyranim on 10 Jun 2009, 00:48, edited 2 times in total.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

heatwave wrote:It looks like if you click on one of the servers it'll try to open Warzone for you and join the game, but it probably isn't Mac/Safari compatible. (it opens a "warzone://..." URL)

At any rate, is there any way you could make that list RSS-able? it'd be sweet to receive a notification about new games popping up in Mail.

ooh! never mind, I can just make a web clip of it and put it on my dashboard.
The warzone:// protocol is just a proposed method, we haven't implemented it anywhere yet, so it's pretty purely theoretical.

You can ask the other developers about RSS, but I don't have website access.
heatwave
Trained
Trained

Post by heatwave »

Either way, I'm good.
Attachments
Picture 2.png
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Sorry guys, I didn't notice you already had a link that would allow you to see active games. I wasn't really advocating where you could click the game and join but it's a good idea. Really guys, I would love to see that list actively displayed like on the right hand side of the main webpage and in the forums. Just so that if someone is browsing the forums they might just notice that there's a game up and ready to go. Basically put it right in front of you.

Being that you guys have already set up a website that displays the lobby server i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to place it in a module on the webpage and forums.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

J.Vaughan wrote:Sorry guys, I didn't notice you already had a link that would allow you to see active games. I wasn't really advocating where you could click the game and join but it's a good idea. Really guys, I would love to see that list actively displayed like on the right hand side of the main webpage and in the forums. Just so that if someone is browsing the forums they might just notice that there's a game up and ready to go. Basically put it right in front of you.

Being that you guys have already set up a website that displays the lobby server i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to place it in a module on the webpage and forums.
Yes, well, I think this is a good idea, but I don't have access to the server, and I don't think anyone who does reads the forums much these days, sorry. :/

I mean, seriously, it's been a week since 2.2.0, and we still don't have the new Warzone logo in the website!
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I always use this lobby "tracker" I think Its very usefull.=)

I'm using Opera so I set warzone to this protocol - & its starts when I click on hosted games, but too bad that wz_2.2 dont accept ip & -join cmd while loading from the link. :(
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100