Who Loves the Woman's Voice of the Computer ??

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Re: Who Loves the Woman's Voice of the Computer ??

Post by Black Project »

Verin wrote:Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource. Power Resource.
Stop playing NTW/Squared :wink: Just kdding, you know man

BP :ninja:
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Mmmm, yes. She can certainly have some power resource.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I knew some of male players will appreciate her :)

And yes judging by her voice she do have power resource ;)

Power resource, power resource, power resource, broken cyborg behind the hill, power resource, power resource ;)

heheheheh :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Verin wrote:Power Resource. ...
Mero, if she sounds hot, and doesn't have a boyfriend, she has issues.... (see above)
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

On a more serious note, speaking of power resource... It would be better if when an unoccupied oil well is detected the voice said "Oil resource" instead of "Power resource".

"Power resource" voice should be reserved for when you don't have enough power generators to keep your oil derreks pumping.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

Meh, I'd rather get rid of the dang "Truck ordered to build oil derrick" message. When I build-queue oil derricks that message spams my chat bar rendering it unusable for a few seconds. And sometimes it just CONVENIENTLY happens when someone sends a message.
Warzone nicknames: WarTux[BDC], ChuckNorris-BDC, DeathStar, etc.
Part of the Black Dragon Clan; apply today, we welcome most! :3
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Yeah, I loathe that "Truck ordered to build..." message too - it seems rather pointless also, as I ordered the truck to do that so I don't really need to be told what I already know lol. Sometimes I have a bunch of trucks and out of laziness select all of them to build a series of oil wells, only to have my screen suddenly look like Windows BSoD. It reminds me of the start of The Simpsons where Bart is writing his lines out, over and over, on the greenboard.

Still, for me the VTOL bugs are still more important. But I guess that's because I don't play much MP at the moment (where the console spamming is a much bigger problem).
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

yeah why bother with the "truck ordered" message? it gets in my way too!
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Bruno Rodolfo
Trained
Trained

Post by Bruno Rodolfo »

Merowingg wrote:It is nice, gentle, and even sexy I would say so hearing it 10 000 times during the game is not tiring :)
I like it so much when she speaks "major research completed" and / or "new research project are avaliable".
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

yeah the disappointing voice is that of "the collective" the playstation version of that voice was definitely cooler
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

aubergine wrote:Yeah, I loathe that "Truck ordered to build..." message too - it seems rather pointless also, as I ordered the truck to do that so I don't really need to be told what I already know lol. Sometimes I have a bunch of trucks and out of laziness select all of them to build a series of oil wells, only to have my screen suddenly look like Windows BSoD. It reminds me of the start of The Simpsons where Bart is writing his lines out, over and over, on the greenboard.
http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Push-the-Button.aspx

This is a story of someone who clicked a button to send a newsletter to 50,000 users. Nothing happened, so he clicked it again. And again. He was billed for 150,000 e-mails, and 90% of the users unsubscribed because of the spam.

That is why we always give feedback when you click on something. Because we want you to know that it worked, because a bad UI is a UI in which you can't tell whether or not you clicked on something.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Uhm, but you already see the green hologram of the oil derrek on the oil resource so you know that a building is planned there...?

If the green hologram of buildings isn't enough feedback currently, why not show the "Truck ordered to ..." on all build instructions. And all move instructions.... Because it would be very annoying?

The "Truck ordered to build..." message only seems to be shown in this one situation which is really weird currently. It should be shown either in all situations (regardless of building) or no situations.

If it was shown in all situations I would probably set my slippers on fire and thrown them at you as it would be very annoying seeing huge spammage to the console window.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I've been playing in a 640x480 lately because that's what it takes for my computer to run MP at optimum perforce. As such, I can say being informed of everything is annoying (though I understand the logic).

Currently, we can choose to have no console information (which also disables viewing of critical game information, ie. radar and team chat), and to expand the console to a few of the most recent entries in the console.

I'm thinking of 2 feature requests for the console:

1) to not ever display more than a few lines unless the console is asked to expand (IIRC default is 3 lines).

2) to not have the console erased if clicked while it's in expanded form (it is annoying to having a wall of text filling your game screen, but it's irritating when you lose important text).
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Of course there are better ways to give feedback to things than the console, but it takes one line to print something, and we're lazy. :/

Building other things doesn't need feedback because the fact that there is no longer a structure under your mouse is usually enough.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

For boring and not urgent messages, a male voice is usually more correct, for example, why do you think that MOST alarms in fighters are notified with a female voice?

This is not random, there's a study that found out that a male pilot will pay more attention if the alert is given with a female voice.
Uhm, but you already see the green hologram of the oil derrek on the oil resource so you know that a building is planned there...?
That holograms didn't exist on the original version, that's why.