We are reimplementing testing builds in order to help us release better builds, we just don't have the manpower to test everything, and true testers are very hard to come by.
We strongly urge everyone to try this 2.3.5 release candidate--especially multiplayer users!, and report any and all issues with it.
I would like to take a moment, and remind people of this:
It has become very apparent that people don't have a clue on how things get fixed, and instead, like to froth at the mouth, in the forums or IRC or e-mail about game issues. We need detailed bug reports, (which is good) and a way to reproduce, (which is even better!) said bug.
Spouting off about how the game is unstable doesn't help anyone, do your part and actually submit good bug reports, so we can fix the problems.
Please submit all bugs via this link, and follow the directions listed at the link, we need every bit of that information in order to fix bugs!
Downloads will be made available at our usual site:
note: Mac builds will be up as soon as someone can make them--sorry for the delay.
Warzone 2100 file releases on Sourceforge.
Windows build Linux tarball
Here is the changelog:
2010-09-02: Version 2.3.5RC
- Change: Show a placeholder video of where to get the videos when they were not installed (r11566, #2052)
- Change: Don't allow sensor/weapon range display in MP games (r11501)
- Change: Change default video display to 2x (r11576)
- Fix: Disable dragging when in-game menu/popup is up (r11565, #2086)
- Change: Add in-game kick via the 'scoreboard' - hold LMB+RMB over the channel icon of the player you want to kick (r11490)
- Change: Only clear player name when needed (r11495)
- Change: Show score as '(cheated)' instead of 0 when people have cheated (r11558)
- Change: Don't display scoreboard widgets when players are dead (r11504)
- Change: Allow "@" in chat now (r11545)
- Change: Add numeric ping values in the hosting screen for the host (r11559)
- Change: Show map / game name / hosted by in the tooltip for the lobby (r11546, #2121)
- Fix: Make sure players can't impersonate others (r11449)
- Fix: Try to make the password box more idiot proof (r11492)
- Fix: Host will not pass on bogus messages
- Fix: Non-host players now get info about the research in progress by allied AIs (r11556, #1478)
- VTOL balance has been shaken up a bit:
* Removed: Cyclone turret
* Added: AA Flak Cannon (and Emplacement and Hardpoint)
* Flak Cannon is a medium-reload splash weapon
* Prerequisites: Hyper Velocity Cannon
* Added: Sunburst AA Rocket Array (and Site)
* Sunburst is a slow-reload salvo weapon
* Prerequisites: Lancer
- Machinegun is now less overpowered in the early-game:
* HMG now requires APDSB Mk2 instead of TMG
* APDSB Mk2 now requires TMG instead of APDSB Mk1
* Flamer now requires Engineering instead of FIE+MG
- The "mini-rocket" and "rocket" subclasses have been merged:
* Mini-rockets and rockets are now affected by the same upgrades
* The merged subclass has 9 damage upgrades (+25% each), 3 accuracy upgrades (+10% each), and 3 ROF upgrades (-15% reload time each)
* Lancer, TK, BB, Cyborg Lancer, and Super TK Cyborg have their damage adjusted so that their fully upgraded damage remains the same
* These changes should mainly help make MRA more viable
- Slight buff to Heavy Laser, Avenger, and Vindicator damage
- Require HQ for every weapon structure, not just MG Tower
- Fix: Nexus Total War Ai Slider Bug, and update image for name change (r11508)