[Balance] Twin Assault Cannon

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Square
Trained
Trained

[Balance] Twin Assault Cannon

Post by Square »

Hey,
The last days I played a few WZ games, and I discovered a new unit :)
I didn't know the Twin Assault Cannon till now, and I have to say, that I think they are extreeeeeemly overpowered. You can research them pretty quickly and together with a strong body, your army is unstoppable.

I always had around 30 of these, and I killed everything. Every bunker was destroyed in a few seconds, every Hardpoint was killed in a second, each base building, each unit, just everything is being owned within a second. Nothing could stop these units.
My avatar is one of those units, so you may recognize them :P

I think they are too strong, too cheap, too lightweight. They are the ultimate weapon (besides the plasma cannon :D )

Is there anyone else, who has my opinion?
Lancefighter
Trained
Trained

Re: [Balance] Twin Assault Cannon

Post by Lancefighter »

Are you sure your not talking about the assault gun? the machinegun version version is awesomer.

And shoots air.

Honestly every game ive played vs dydo ends with the invention of the dual assault cannon.

Ive even limited myself to no mg weapons vs dydo >.>
CptFireFox
Greenhorn

Post by CptFireFox »

Scourge Missile tanks and hardpoints, Anti-Tank Cyborgs, and most VTOLs usually are effective against cannon tanks in my experience. I haven't found the assault cannons to be all that strong in my usage, I prefer rail guns, missiles, and HPVs.
SteveInsurgent
New user

Post by SteveInsurgent »

i ran a train on some one that tried to attack me with duel cannons. they dont work dude. you must be playing against rookies.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

You know you're balancing the game right if there's a thread about a different overpowered weapon every few days, even though you haven't changed the game balance for a long time. ;)

Use one of the other weapons everyone says is overpowered; I'm sure one of them is a great counter for the TAC. ;)
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Square wrote:I didn't know the Twin Assault Cannon till now
You obviously don't know too much about the tech-tree/balance if you just found out about a weapon. The current game is well balanced for the most part, a few minor tweaks could be made but it is always like this for games. :lecture: