so many cheaters + lamers these days.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Timmie
Greenhorn

so many cheaters + lamers these days.

Post by Timmie »

I just come back from a game against a dude named nexus.
and wtf,
first he build 3 guns mg turrets into my base, and from 1 second to another my buildings with full health just explode. 1 sec full health next just boom.
those 3 mg towers ( T1 ) could wipe out entire army's of mg tanks.

after that I taunted hin a couple of times.
next thing that happens is half my base just explodes.
just boom gone, not 1 enemy in sight, no howitzers in game yet, and even with howitzers at max it would take longer to take a base down.

is there anything that can be done against these cheaters.

next, I hate people who just rush the other team with 100 units in the beginning of a game.
altough a good warzonegame can last up to 2 hours, these things kill the gameplay, I even thought about giving up on playing warzone because of this.

is there something you can build into the game somekind of option that like at start you can only build like 10 units.
and every time you research a research center, your unit capacity that you can control doubles.
this will let people research more instead of just building 1000 of mg gun tanks at startup.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Re: so many cheaters + lamers these days.

Post by Saberuneko »

That wouldn't be a solution. Some player's strategy is to expand quickly, that means lots of units.
Michal
Trained
Trained

Post by Michal »

If you play highpower maps, a '1000 MGs' for rush is quite a normal style. Otherwise it will go into a massive ripple/Vtol/whatever battle.

As for cheating - that might be a connection problem - lag causes game going out of sync, and then it 'foces synchronization' by destroying buildings. Sometimes it goes the other way - tanks 'regenerating', or even reborning - I had a situation like that. Had to kill the same (small) tanks few times.

Also, MG towers, with upgrades, are sooo deadly ;).
icyflames
Trained
Trained

Post by icyflames »

high power maps are the lamest thing ever to exist in RTS.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

icyflames wrote:high power maps are the lamest thing ever to exist in RTS.

there is no one saying you have to cap the wells , is there? if you dont want to use the power, dont. no one will fault you for not using all the available wells... fact is they will probably tkae and use those wells you dont want... . now, when you have been handed your butt, dont complain. just an observation from the other end of the age spectrum ( old side, not elderly but getting there.) :lol2:
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

For the most part I agree.

However I know you can design & balance a high oil map that is not lame and plays in entirely different, more varied, more interesting ways than the usual run of the mill high oil maps out there. It just takes more time & care to make such a 5D map than the usual cookie-cutter, tunnel-vision rewarded, must spam A.S.A.P., high-oil type maps.

So really, it boils down to most map makers only knowing the one way to make a high-oil map.

- RV :cool:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I recently got a PM with precise instructions about how to power-cheat in Warzone MP. Sigh. I'm entertaining the thought of adding just enough DRM to prevent people using a generic cheat engine.
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Zarel wrote:I recently got a PM with precise instructions about how to power-cheat in Warzone MP. Sigh. I'm entertaining the thought of adding just enough DRM to prevent people using a generic cheat engine.
Adding DRM will not help, everything must be moved to server side.
icyflames
Trained
Trained

Post by icyflames »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
there is no one saying you have to cap the wells , is there? if you dont want to use the power, dont. no one will fault you for not using all the available wells... fact is they will probably tkae and use those wells you dont want... . now, when you have been handed your butt, dont complain. just an observation from the other end of the age spectrum ( old side, not elderly but getting there.) :lol2:
Of course you need to capture wells, but that's true for all maps. But surely the whole point of a high oil map is that you don't need to capture strategic wells because you've got enough in your base? It's bad because it abolishes a key aspect of any RTS: resources/economy.
Harry Porter
New user

Post by Harry Porter »

I agree. Nexus IS a cheater. No doubt about it.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

icyflames wrote:Of course you need to capture wells, but that's true for all maps. But surely the whole point of a high oil map is that you don't need to capture strategic wells because you've got enough in your base? It's bad because it abolishes a key aspect of any RTS: resources/economy.
Again, agree with all that save that what you describe is only the one way to design a High-Oil map... and I know for sure not the only way.

While I do not enjoy the game play for that type of High Oil map I understand why others do and do not begrudge them their pleasure. Live and let live.

I also do not find most low oil maps as they are designed particularly enjoyable. Again, live and let live.

But between the extremes of just how High Oil & Low Oil maps have mostly been designed to this point there is a whole universe of unexplored designs - mainly because they require LOTS more work and time to create and most are not up to those map making challenges.

So, to repeat what is worth repeating, it falls squarely on the shoulders of map makers to take up the challenges involved in creating outta that vast universe of unexplored designs between current typical designs of High and Low Oil maps.

However, another observation worth pointing out is that besides requiring LOTS more work and time to create, these alternative map designs require much more of an investment in balance tweaking that no Ski A.I. can provide an adequate context for and thus most of that necessitates map makers getting an able assist in MP stress-testing with clear, precise and constructive feedback to final balance-tweak resource quantities, locations and Scav faction opposition force strengths and relative distribution.

And this last, I'm afraid, is sorely lacking in the community of folks who do not code, map, mod, create art or any new game assets but could surely provide this assist in balance stress testing but instead would rather post trivia, pipe dreams or pie-in-the-sky notions, most of which have been posted 100s if not 1000s of times already over the years. But I clearly know that this balance beta stress-testing of fresh map designs, and the constructive feedback based on it, while definitely highly useful, important work is also much more work, to all appearances, than most are willing to do for all their affirmations of wanting to help & contribute, notwithstanding.

- RV 8)

KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Harry Porter wrote:I agree. Nexus IS a cheater. No doubt about it.
There are tons of player who are great in this game!
If he manages to beat you fast, he isn't a cheater :stare:
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

KukY wrote:
Harry Porter wrote:I agree. Nexus IS a cheater. No doubt about it.
There are tons of player who are great in this game!
If he manages to beat you fast, he isn't a cheater :stare:
As for Nexus there are several people with that nick there is one good player with that nick, he doesn't use it that much though he has others, at least one cheats and a bunch of other randoms. :augh:
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Daltx wrote:As for Nexus there are several people with that nick there is one good player with that nick, he doesn't use it that much though he has others, at least one cheats and a bunch of other randoms. :augh:
It truly is a common nick...
For example, take my old nick :D
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Rman Virgil wrote:.
And this last, I'm afraid, is sorely lacking in the community of folks who do not code, map, mod, create art or any new game assets but could surely provide this assist in balance stress testing but instead would rather post trivia, pipe dreams or pie-in-the-sky notions, most of which have been posted 100s if not 1000s of times already over the years. But I clearly know that this balance beta stress-testing of fresh map designs, and the constructive feedback based on it, while definitely highly useful, important work is also much more work, to all appearances, than most are willing to do for all their affirmations of wanting to help & contribute, notwithstanding.
Is there a way to avoid this?
Everyone has ideas, but very few can take those ideas and run with them.
Then again, some people that do the running, get shot in the foot. :roll: