Current videos are good, but only on small displays...
New videos would give:
- better clips quality;
- possibility to create localized versions (dubbing etc.);
- allow to make bigger changes in campaign (so in video they would not say something different that is said in subtitles);
- add possibility to add new levels (if desired);
- ease creating of videos for possible external, alternate campaigns;
- keep changes in models and textures (so videos won't show something really different that what is available in game).
versions of some models (for objects that would show up in videos) with high quality textures (depending on how big resolutions we want to have) some people or good and free voice synthesizer (at least 6, 7 different voices).
Videos could be then recorded using applications like MovieCube and others (I'm not an artist, so I don't know what also could be used). I don't know how much it will be complicated (and for sure will vary on different clips, some are for sure easier to do) but if it would be started then there would be nice to have some tutorials and other data that could be used when changing or adding videos (for example when some important models are changed).
This is my dream, but I hope that some day it could become real.