Well I was just thinking, after reading a few threads, about how useless some things are in WZ and how some things feel as if they are missing... Then I thought wouldn't it be nice if someone made a small mod to add some of these features? I've never dabbled in WZ modding myself and i'm too swamped in life to try, but i'm sure it would take less than half a day to simply fix a few things and balance out a few things and release it as a beta or something. Then new features could be implemented etc over time. This way you can still play the original and play a separate revamped and balanced version
- Rather that a construction VTOL, how about the radar upgrade for a VTOL, simply a big range of vision and can detect vehicles a bit outside of it in the fog, like radars do now?
- Beef up some of the pointless weapon upgrades, needler auto cannon etc
- Make VTOL's slightly harder to kill as to be a viable option again
- Make cyborgs useful.
- Make the half track upgrade better, since no one ever uses it
- Extend the range of inferno bunkers a bit more, since they can't move to get closer
- Make napalm bomblets or something for VTOLs that even if not useful as heat resistant upgrades are developed, at least look damn cool. I think our PC's can handle those sort of effects these days
- Make better VTOL' specific anti-tank weapons, no crappy lancers etc since half of them miss as well as the fact that they're a one shot per run weapon
Has anyone any thoughts on this or any ideas as to who would like to do a mini mod like this?
Edit: Giel: use list-tags to increase readability