2.3 changes

Warzone 2.3.x series. (Unsupported!)
If you issue is with 3.1.x, then DON'T post here, instead use technical support
KukY
Regular
Regular

2.3 changes

Post by KukY »

I look at this subforum and I wonder why is it so empty?
So I decided to make this topic for this forum not to be so empty.

I can't write just that.
This topic needs to have something in it.
So I am going to start discussion about changes in 2.3.

Some questions:
Are non blinking dots for oil resources better then old ones? (Because it was removed in 2.3.b4)
What do you think about alliance patches that Zarel made?
What about UPnP?

Just say what you think about everything in 2.3.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: 2.3 changes

Post by Terminator »

13KukYNexus666 wrote: Some questions:
Are non blinking dots for oil resources better then old ones? (Because it was removed in 2.3.b4)
What do you think about alliance patches that Zarel made?
What about UPnP?
1) I like it and I think it should be. I just don't like that oil derrects info (visibility) refreshes in realtime mode. It a little tricky , I can easy to see where is my enemy started.
2) Ofcource good. But its could be better if to make it toggable like in all good RTS (it can be set in menus in-game)
3)UPnP - don't know what is it but it doen't reflects on my game perfomence or system.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Terminator wrote:3)UPnP - don't know what is it but it doen't reflects on my game perfomence or system.
I know that it short for Universal Plug n Play.
But what it does?
Who knows?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Terminator wrote:1) I like it and I think it should be. I just don't like that oil derrects info (visibility) refreshes in realtime mode. It a little tricky , I can easy to see where is my enemy started.
I think we all agree on that. It is a bit tricky to fix, though, so it unlikely to be fixed in time for the 2.3 release.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:Are non blinking dots for oil resources better then old ones? (Because it was removed in 2.3.b4)
...no, it wasn't. o_O

2.3 beta 4 just made the dots easier to see on the minimap, and made them blink on-screen again.
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:
Terminator wrote:3)UPnP - don't know what is it but it doen't reflects on my game perfomence or system.
I know that it short for Universal Plug n Play.
But what it does?
Who knows?
When your machine is behind router/firewall with NAT (Network Address Translation) that supports UPnP (and it is enabled) Warzone will map needed ports (2100/tcp I think) so you can host/play games without any advanced router configurations such as manual port redirecting.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Yaaay!
My router supports UPnP.
I can finally host games. :3
But nothing from that now, I'm too tired... :zZz:
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

YAY... thanks to UPnP... I can host now! the bad... I have to bypass the wireless router... which puts some other computers offline :-S but I have a solution!

EDIT:

Yes... I managed to reroute a hardwired connection to my computer, and the wireless is still online for the other people on our network. I just tested the host option, and it welcomed me, and my game shows up on the lobby server! I am very happy now, because my friends keep bugging me to host... and now I can! A question though... how many large a game can you host with a 90 KB/s down and 19 KB/s up connection?

Thank you! Yamar.
Last edited by yamar on 20 Dec 2009, 22:11, edited 2 times in total.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

yamar wrote:yay... thanks to UPnP... I can host now! the bad... I have to bypass the wireless router... which puts some other computers offline :-S but I have a solution!
Erm, you've always been able to host by bypassing the wireless router. The point of UPnP is to let you host without doing that...
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

Zarel wrote: Erm, you've always been able to host by bypassing the wireless router. The point of UPnP is to let you host without doing that...
ah.. no, we have a hardwired router/modem, that goes to a wireless router... and the router doesn't support UPnP. I was always connected to the wireless router, but now I'm connected to the hardwired modem/router.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

yamar wrote:ah.. no, we have a hardwired router/modem, that goes to a wireless router... and the router doesn't support UPnP. I was always connected to the wireless router, but now I'm connected to the hardwired modem/router.
Oh, I see. Have you tried setting up your wireless router to manually port forward?
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

I tried, but it was too complex for me... and everybody is happy with the current solution I found. This is a great game. Thanks, Yamar.
kainalu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kainalu »

soooo... Im confused

Does the 2.3 release allow the Dragon to have two turrets? Any turret? Like Two plasma or gauss?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

kainalu wrote:Does the 2.3 release allow the Dragon to have two turrets? Any turret? Like Two plasma or gauss?
Yes, as long as they're both weapons.
Sledge
New user

Post by Sledge »

Zarel wrote:
kainalu wrote:Does the 2.3 release allow the Dragon to have two turrets? Any turret? Like Two plasma or gauss?
Yes, as long as they're both weapons.
How do Dragons with one indirect and one direct weapon attached count when assigend to a commander?