So I tried to make a map and failed

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Moro_Nick
Trained
Trained

Re: So I tried to make a map and failed

Post by Moro_Nick »

good 'ol quick forum search:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2125#p20954

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2707

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1347&p=38553#p38553

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3428

course in sheer numbers this is less than the 1000 plus maps made over the last decade.

but to be honest most of the 1000+ follow Sturgeon's Law which simply states: 90% of ANYTHING is crap.

however, there are many gems and a few masterpieces in the links above. :D
letsride
New user

Post by letsride »

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I am running WinXP SP3. The latest beta version (at the time of this post) is working well on my main computer, 64-bit Vista, bad motor-scooter for hardware!

I created a map called fourwar, just a simple 4-player map. I would love to have it converted to be able to play it in the new version of Warzone, but everything pertaining to conversion software seems to be an "enemy of the state" on these forums! I did some digging and found the post on how to convert using the WDG_explorer. I then spent hours finding that stupid program only to have it give me an error saying it couldn't load files.txt because of missing or corrupt files.

I am the creator of my little map, so if any of you experienced peeps can convert it for me, plz post here or email me, and I will give either a URL for it, or email it to you for conversion.

Thank you very much for your work on my favorite RTS of all time (been playing it since the MPlayer days)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

So, you made a map, but it is in *.wdg format and needs to be converted.
letsride wrote:plz post here or email me, and I will give either a URL for it, or email it to you for conversion.
Why do people complicate things?!
Just post URL in your first post, this way someone wants to convert it, but when you finally post link to it, they have no time.
Now post that link, i have Buginator's beta map converter somwhere on my USB, it should be able to convert it.

And, to Buginator; Please finish that converter.
letsride
New user

Post by letsride »

Sorry bout that, I saw so many URLs removed, wasn't sure if I should or not. Anyway, I zipped it into an .exe. http://www.wgclan.com/4c-fourwar.exe

Thanks for the help! ;)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Here you go:
4c-fourwar.wz
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Buginator, do you still have that converters source code?
letsride
New user

Post by letsride »

Thank you very much!! The map is stable on the latest release, and also stable using the latest release of Become Prey. Excellent work, and thanks to all who have worked on this. Puts the fun right back into it! :D

Also, I have some more custom maps that I created in the old days, is there anyway that I could get the converter? If no, I understand, if yes, I promise NOT to convert anyone elses work. And in either case, it would only be for private use.

And btw, that fourwar map you converted for me was the inspiration for the maker of the ever so popular Teamwar map. Yes yes I know, many claim ownership of that one, but the real creator was in my clan back on MPlayer (WCS clan), his name is Jerry, and he lives in New Jersey with his wife and children, maybe grandchildren by now.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

letsride wrote:is there anyway that I could get the converter?
App is removed, so no.
After this I wouldn't get into sending that app to someone else without his permission.
letsride
New user

Post by letsride »

No worries. But if I could trouble you to convert just one more, I would be very grateful! This too is a creation of mine, made it for LAN parties. :cool:

http://wgclan.com/8c-AIwonder.wdg

Thank you very much for helping! ;)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Here:
8c-AIwonder.wz
(11.64 KiB) Downloaded 174 times