Mag-lev/Anti-gravity hover propulsion.

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mag-lev/Anti-gravity hover propulsion.

Post by Mysteryem »

I thought that because warzone is in the year 2100 we would've scrapped old hover craft technology and replaced it with something better. So I've made a magnetic-levitation/anti-gravity hover propulsion. It is probably going to be part of a mod which I'm making which will contain a lot of little fixes and updates.
Please tell me what you think.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Misthafalls
Trained
Trained

Re: Mag-lev/Anti-gravity hover propulsion.

Post by Misthafalls »

Sweet, I like the idea.

And the looks are perfect.

Waiting to get hold of your mod when it comes out :D
Timmay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timmay »

nice one,
is it possible to add new propulsions or can you just replace them?
ThomasCarstein
Trained
Trained

Post by ThomasCarstein »

This looks really nice... good work :) One thing which bugs me is: If you could (theoretically) increase the anti-gravitational force of these tanks (through new propulsion upgrades) to the point where they could hover up to 100+ meters in the air (like the cars in "5th element"), wouldn't that make all VTOLs obsolete? Just taking wild guesses ;)

Otherwise good idea & execution! Bye, T.
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

Mysteryem wrote:I thought that because warzone is in the year 2100 we would've scrapped old hover craft technology and replaced it with something better. So I've made a magnetic-levitation/anti-gravity hover propulsion. It is probably going to be part of a mod which I'm making which will contain a lot of little fixes and updates.
Please tell me what you think.
Anti-gravity technology seems too futuristic for the warzone2100 world.
Magnetic-levitation would need magnets in the ground everywhere the vehicles would travel.

Philipp
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

PkK wrote:
Anti-gravity technology seems too futuristic for the warzone2100 world.
Might find this interesting: NASA Finally Admits to Anti-Gravity Research: Are They Trying to Prove it, or Kill it? (But one example of such assessments........& recountings of the actual history)
PkK wrote: Magnetic-levitation would need magnets in the ground everywhere the vehicles would travel.

Philipp
Indeed. The case for this necessary infrastructure becoming globally widespread so as to make this the preeminent mode of transport between now and the year 2100 is made (as but one example of such assessments), here:

MAGLEV: The New Mode of Transport for the 21st Century by James Powell and Gordon Danby - From the Summer issue of 21st Century Science & Technology

regards, whipper. :cool:
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Like your design, Mysteryem.

I think most people have in their heads Mag-Lev Trains like Monorail types or ground-based Bullet Trains... but there are other
mag-lev technologies and vehicle configs out there..... inc. those constructed for Tunnel Transport..

For example, AirShip Technologies Group has devised a mag-lev tech that will knock you outta your socks on
various chassis other than trains. Their web site has detailed specs and CAD drawings of mag-lev vehicles
that I think you'd find worth your time looking over like the attached which I can visualize as the internal workings
of your model... .

Here's the site: http://www.airshiptg.org/

Attachments
AirShip Lithium and Helium Lifts 2.jpg
AirShip Integrated Frame and Wheel-Sphere Ground Transit Only.jpg
Last edited by whippersnapper on 27 Apr 2009, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Asterisk
Trained
Trained

Post by Asterisk »

If this is implemented... it should be able to move back without turning around and getting stuck on objets...

how will this work with cliffs? will they hover over the cliffs? creating something like vtols?
Your attacks upon us will not go unpunished. You are in contravention of the New Paradigm. Message ends.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

its an awesome idea ^^
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

Whipper - your link goes to a site which claims that Pons and Fleischman's cold Fusion device actually worked and MIT covered it up to keep their funding.....
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

3drts wrote:Whipper - your link goes to a site which claims that Pons and Fleischman's cold Fusion device actually worked and MIT covered it up to keep their funding.....

Yea... that's problematic as far as hard evidence. Mind you, I'm not prone to see conspiracy or secret cabals as an answer
to injustices....... however........ The journalists at 60 Minutes dotted their i's and crossed their t's when they covered the story
a month ago. (You can stream the whole coverage at their CBS web site) Plus.....

The history of scientific research has well documented cases of ruthless, egotistical behavior to garner funding and acclaim in the
form of a Nobel Prize even if honesty and proper attribution must be sacrificed. One of the great injustices involves the discovery and
decoding of the DNA molecule.

I read this reputable (and vetted) eye-opener in graduate school called -

"Betrayers of the Truth: Fraud and Deceit in the Halls of Science" - by William Broad and Nicholas Wade (1983)

A more recent treatment of this (2007) worth perusing at your local library as well would be:

"Science for Sale: The Perils, Rewards, and Delusions of Campus Capitalism" - by Daniel S. Greenberg...

Regards, whipper

Freakyman
Trained
Trained

Post by Freakyman »

PkK wrote: Anti-gravity technology seems too futuristic for the warzone2100 world.
Magnetic-levitation would need magnets in the ground everywhere the vehicles would travel.

Philipp
too futuristic we have rail guns, pulse lasers, unit converters, las sat etc etc etc... and you think an anti gravity device is too futurisitc maybe if it was a replacement but if it was a new tech then that would fit in nicely imho.

as in as soon as you can research the NEXUS technology then you gain access to the anti grav round about after you researched vengence or retaliation. or it could be a MP only tech and be researched after dragon or wyvern or both
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

This should be added as a propulsion tech to the resurrection project, perhaps as a replacement for the normal hover...

Advantages over hover is that it's fast and not effected at all by differing terrains. Speed remains the same. It's also as fast or faster than vanilla hover.

Disadvantages is low armor, perhaps between vanilla hover and half tracks?

Dunno, if it has a disadvantage to normal hover than maybe no need for a replacement.
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

I can't remember the name of it, but isn't there a hover 'propulsion' thing using electricity to ionize the air, I think they tested it out on Mythbusters since people claimed it was anti-gravity propulsion (that it isn't, it has nothing to do with eliminating gravity and can't operate in vacuum). Probably dangerous as hell to use as a real world propulsion, but at least it's feasible and somewhat futuristic? Could have a wonderful low pitched and harsh electronic sound to it as well, like a tesla coil or something similar to the obelisk charging sound in original C&C (and if the engine was ever updated to include visible tracks after units, I think it would look wonderful to have it leave the ground scorched where it has moved).
About your propulsion model design, I loved it, but I think it should be just slightly bigger/wider, looks too small compared to the body and turret in my opinion
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Read this fine article on antigravity that covers a lot of ground clearly & concisely....
Feeling Antigravity's Pull

Can NASA stop the apple from falling on Newton's head?

By Adam Rogers

"Don't call it antigravity research," Ron Koczor pleads. He's a physicist at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., and he's talking about a project he's been working on for almost a decade. "Call it 'gravity modification.' 'Gravity anomalies.' Anything but antigravity. That's a red flag."

..............Complete article HERE
Regards, whipper