Super-standard propulsions?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Super-standard propulsions?

Post by Lixtan »

I was playing around in Skirmish with the (New, dumbed down version) debug mode, and I noticed that it adds extra propulsions, namely, Half-tracks II and III, to the propulsion list, when you unlock all technology and items.
Didn't see any other posts on the subject, so I decided to do so, myself.
Anyhow, I do remember seeing tier 2 and 3 variants of the other propulsions at some earlier time in my research, but they don't show up on the design list.

Is there something you people are not telling us about, or, am I the only one that didn't know about it? =p
Or, is it just early implementation of junk in concept?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Super-standard propulsions?

Post by lav_coyote25 »

you have pics?
???
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

they're definitely not going to be looking different coyote (too bad, too). if you've messed around with wzck, you'll see mk II and mk III for most propulsion types, but they're never used -- in reality, they couldn't provide any benefit that is not obtainable through normal research.
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

I do have a picture, actually, I just forgot to post it.
if you've messed around with wzck, you'll see mk II and mk III for most propulsion types, but they're never used -- in reality, they couldn't provide any benefit that is not obtainable through normal research.
On the contrary. The Half-tracks III (Half-tracks, unfortunately, are the only propulsions that show up on the design list, sadly) provides more body points than normal tracks do, and they're faster, so it's tempting to cheat my way to them in every game I play, to have stronger units. =p

EDIT: The picture is, in fact, the latest version (2.0.5) without Grim's GFX mod. I, personally, prefer the old textures.
Attachments
propulsions.JPG