A veryuse full idea...unless its able to be done already...

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

A veryuse full idea...unless its able to be done already...

Post by LostSoulJa »

Ok, within the time of playing, i've thought of some ideas for the game, and to kinda make it more "user friendly". One of them is to set attack routes, such as:

You select a set of units (Lets say 20 vtol's) and you set a place for them to attack, then you select another set of 20 vtol's to attack another spot on the base, and do another set maybe, and they dont attack untill you hit a "Go code" button. This way they first set isnt in the middle of attacking while ur still trying to get your second set together.

[edit]
  • Multi-Build diagonally

Multi-Build VTOL Rearming pads

A Save/Pause on Multiplayer

Cheats able to run on multiplayer only if the host has cheats enabled

Select what a hardpoint is gonna shoot at.

A Way-point system with a "Go Command"
Last edited by LostSoulJa on 03 Jan 2007, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: A veryuse full idea...unless its able to be done already...

Post by DevUrandom »

Sounds good, but needs someone to do it. ;)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

* The closest I've come to this is by creating "VTOL Command Groups" & then setting them on "Patrol" in the Command Screen in a time staggered fashion - admitidly, not very elegant.

* There is a better way to effect this "Command & Control" GPM Modus which I did a design mock-up for (& spec/doc) before the source was released several years back now (below is a screenie of the widgets / GUI - I can post the design doc/specs if your interested) which I wanted to make as a Mod - I call it the "GCI" aka Global Command Interface...

* However - after studying the source I realized it would NOT be feasible to do this "GCI" Mod UNTIL WZ was made more modular & the whole widget "rigidity" dealt with.

* Coincidently.... I've been beta-testing a new RTS that will be released in Q1 '07 that comes pretty durn close to the WZ "GCI" Mod I posited a few years back... I am really excited about it.... Plus it demonstrates the "proof of concept" in very tangible terms - real, in-game, GPMs.

* I hope I can return to it when & if it becomes practical in the WZ gameworld.

* IMHO, this sort of "Command & Control" will become the defacto standard in RTS GPMs upon the release of the aforementioned game in a few months. I'd love to see it in WZ.... & not a few WZ vets feel the same who are familiar with the "GCI".

Cheers, rv :)

Last edited by Rman Virgil on 28 Dec 2006, 05:39, edited 1 time in total.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

I would like to see in the future,

As of right now, you can only build building's in straight lines, i would like to be able to build them diagnely as well.

And i would like to be able to build the VTOL Rearming pads in rows/columns too, although i do understand why it wont because it needs that 4*4 space to land/rearm, but im sure you could figure it out somehow to do it, its just very iritatting and time consuming to build like 40+ arming pads.
Hitman
Greenhorn

Post by Hitman »

Swamp you could just assign your vtols to the number keys and actually be able to use the map as I've said in teamspeak  :P
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

Must.Build.Landing.Pads.In.Rows.

ZOMG

and yah, we need multiplayer save, and a point to where someone can join a game in action.
Hitman
Greenhorn

Post by Hitman »

LostSoulJa wrote: Must.Build.Landing.Pads.In.Rows.

ZOMG

and yah, we need multiplayer save, and a point to where someone can join a game in action.
you can already "save" a game, you just can't really load it.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

edited the first post with a few more ideas that we've come up with
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

LostSoulJa wrote: A Way-point system with a "Go Command"
I'de like to have this one explained...  ???
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I think he means that you should be able to setup waypoints and let your units start moving when you give the "go command" and not before. To coordinate attacks of multiple groups better.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

DevUrandom wrote: I think he means that you should be able to setup waypoints and let your units start moving when you give the "go command" and not before. To coordinate attacks of multiple groups better.
you sir just took the words right out of my mouth.

but, the MAIN ONE i would LOVE and PRAISE you about setting up, is the multi build VTOL Arming pads.
Mr. Pig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Pig »

LostSoulJa wrote: you sir just took the words right out of my mouth.

but, the MAIN ONE i would LOVE and PRAISE you about setting up, is the multi build VTOL Arming pads.
Yes, VTOL Re-arming Pads in a line - that would help so much, shouldn't be too difficult either. Waypoints would be helpful as well so that you can MAKE SURE your units aren't stupid and walk across and enemy's base because they think it's the fastest route. If worst comes to worst I guess I could look at the source for a while - but I'm not getting anything done with my game so I don't think it's in my best interests to spend time on Warzone. :P
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

Mr. Pig wrote: Yes, VTOL Re-arming Pads in a line - that would help so much, shouldn't be too difficult either. Waypoints would be helpful as well so that you can MAKE SURE your units aren't stupid and walk across and enemy's base because they think it's the fastest route. If worst comes to worst I guess I could look at the source for a while - but I'm not getting anything done with my game so I don't think it's in my best interests to spend time on Warzone. :P
Gotta love path finding in warzone  ::)

I once had a combat engineer build a sensor hardpoint next to a wall and once done with that, I ordered him to build another hardpoint further along the same wall - ye Gods! The idiot couldn't figure out how to move past the hardpoint he'd just build!
"Hmm... I need to get past this building. To the right I see a wall, and to the left I see open space - which way should I take? Oh, to hell with it! I'll just run straight into this building until someone notice - who knows, maybe I can push it out of the way..."  >:(
Mr. Pig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Pig »

You gotta give him an A for effort! ;)