Range orders and accuracy

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: Range orders and accuracy

Post by Iluvalar »

Github Done
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I asked in Illuvalar's issue #347 if anyone is working on this accuracy bug. If not shall we move forward with our work or shall we wait?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I explained in the ticket why you cannot. In absence of accuracy, the only rational balance lever is ROF. And even that is strongly used as a flavor stat (MG vs cannon vs rocket ROF).

So as the first move to temporarily balance this game, i suggest... to move the machine gun as the last weapon in the tech tree :D since it's the branch with the highest ROF. This shouldn't be too controversial.

Please take the time to appreciate that I'm the last (if not the only) mod maker who managed to make an alternate research tree mod. And therefore, the only active (big word here) member of this forum who could make a tech tree.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

My changes would only affect the balance in the campaign. I don't play MP games and I will not mess around with the balance in MP.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Hi alfred, sorry the push is in the github since 6 days, but it take time to get answers. thx to be patient with it
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

alfred007 wrote: 30 May 2019, 19:34 My changes would only affect the balance in the campaign. I don't play MP games and I will not mess around with the balance in MP.
I think campaign, skirmish and multiplayer should all have the same balance.
I know this is a big ask, but that's how you learn, starting with campaign and working your way to online games.
That's just my idea on all balance.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I agree with that, I do understand that we want to keep the campaign as true to the original as possible. But we also try hard to keep the multiplayer tech tree as it is. It would be the job of a modder to make a new techtree... So i dont really see the point of keeping 2 very similar set of stats for the solo campaign.