Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Linux Help!

Post by GAMENDUSER »

Hi guys,

I am trying to install WZ on Libuntu 14.10 running on a Pentium M, although instructions from Berg seem to be without CR at the end of each command line, so I am not able to identify where the the command line ends and the following one starts.

Can you help?
bendib
Regular
Regular

Re: Linux Help!

Post by bendib »

Yes, carriage return is going to be required at the end of each command.
e.g.
make
make install

are two commands. make builds it, and make install installs it.
Also known as Subsentient.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

make builds it, and make install breaks your package manager without being useful at all.
Fxd :roll:
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GAMENDUSER »

I have done it… copied the entire commands in one line and given just one enter end it worked well

Maybe it executed it command by command in sequence.

Now, warzone works although I am trying to connect two computer each other through IP address using ethernet cable but it seems not so easy as I thought.

Any help?
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GAMENDUSER »

Errata correge …. actually it is not working properly, fields colours are very bad, they are almost red colour...
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

GAMENDUSER wrote:Errata correge …. actually it is not working properly, fields colours are very bad, they are almost red colour..

Please give more detail.

Check your graphics card settings.
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GAMENDUSER »

There is no graphic card, it is a mobile Toshiba Libretto.

The game start though the scenario are red coloured. 3D effects are not visible too, it seems a plain 2D red scenario.
wayward4now
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wayward4now »

You must have accelerated graphics. So, what graphics "chip" do you have?? Have you installed it's drivers? How much memory total and how much devoted to graphics? I actually got warzone running on a teeny-tiney ASUS notebook, after installing the intel drivers.

Which distro are you running? What version? You need to give more info for anyone to come up with a decent answer. Ric
wayward4now
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wayward4now »

Whoops! OK, you're running Lubuntu 14.10. If you have installed synaptic (sudo apt-get install synaptic) then you can search for all drivers related to your graphics chip. Install lshw (sudo apt-get install lshw) and run that from command line as root. (sudo lshw) to see what graphic chip you have. Then, search in synaptic for that driver and install it. Even the crappy Intel graphic chip on that notebook works with warzone. Also, turn off shaders / screen shake in the video setup or anything else that looks like rocket science. You will most likely want a minimal setup on a laptop.
wayward4now
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wayward4now »

BTW, you can run multiple commands on one line if you insert && between them. Like: ls && more something.txt && du && uname -a