* Pre-liberation to Liberation: An Honor Roll *

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: * Pre-liberation to Liberation: An Honor Roll *

Post by Rman Virgil »

@Aubergine: I started the NEWST account but won't be able to finish till after work which is coming around in about 4 hours - again - and I still have to catch a few winks. O_o.

The heading I'm working with is: The Butterfly Effect: The Origin and Formation of NEWST

Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

crass I read all your posts from when you joined in March, while pinching a loaf. I was done reading before the loaf was pinched.
Between this and
...a million of your verbal ejaculations would not equal 10 minutes of his contributions to WZ over a stellar decade.
I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long while.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Yeah, that's pretty funny. :lol2:

I knew sooner or later Rman would unleash the verbal pimp-slap.
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Rman Virgil wrote:.....
:good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

I was seriously tempted to enter into a well-worded commendation on your excellent expression of sentiments common to many of us. As it is, I shall just confine myself to saying, "Congratulations". :wink:
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

Rman Virgil wrote:.

crass I read all your posts from when you joined in March, while pinching a loaf. I was done reading before the loaf was pinched.

I see a clear pattern. Some words come to mind: poseur, shill, cancer, parasite, manipulator, etc. Nothing of redeeming value, IMO.
how cute you followed all my posts
:lol2: yes nothing of value at all :roll: funny how I am thanked in the announcement thread
Also, I don't answer to you or your crude & obvious manipulations.. nor am I at your beck and call. You have zero standing with me. Your last post also leads me to believe your language-reading skills and comprehension are remedial. Is this all you got going? I'd lay grand on the line behind an affirmative to that. Do us all a favor in this thread at least, and take it elsewhere, anywhere, perhaps an outhouse would be a perfect fit.
:roll: whatever
As for your innuendo about Lav - a million of your verbal ejaculations would not equal 10 minutes of his contributions to WZ over a stellar decade.
did I touch a nerve?
Always feel like I need to take a shower after dealing with your ilk.

Btw, if you persist here in your blow-hard crassness, let me give you my future response to any of your up-chucks:

Rman to crass: *Yawn*...
what a shame
if you can't answer simple questions and want to try and bury the messenger
you can live in your revisionist world all you want
way too many brown-nosers here believing in your verbal diarrhea :...:
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Rman to crass: * Big YAWN *

Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Before I continue, perhaps this would be a good place for a timeout to reflect on the proccedings so far.

I think I have been explicit and clear about what I'm doing and why and how I'm addressing this pre-lib recounting, in due course, as comprehensively as I can.

I've exposed my associated core values along the way without a shred of obfuscation. The ethical and moral imperative laid bare.

I have also openly, and repeatedly, touched upon the the straightforward protocol in place here for testing my veracity, and any inadvertant oversight or impropriety on my part.

The last instance sumarizing all the above would be this quote:

.....I would like to do initial drafts here for 2 reasons.

1.) The pre-lib folks know and come to this site thus thier crowdsourcing will likely happen here rather than elsewhere... at least to begin with.

2.) That veteran crowdsourcing here serves an important dual purpose: that they weigh in with thier POVs and... that they scrutinize and do a vetting of what I state.....
Can I be any clearer on any of that..?

Maybe I should add...

Identify yourself from the pre-liberation community with the nick you used back then. I have a good memory of active members clear back to '99.

===========>

* Why the virulent assaults about recounting the events of '99 - '05, the folks I would name, and on me personally...? *

I've looked at the assaults very carefully and have some thoughts on their nature but to get side-tracked, to get caught-up in that agenda, would be to capitulate to the tactics of disruption and their goal to create an unsavory, toxic atmosphere, to disuade where they cannot discredit with evidence, and I won't accede to that toxicity by opposing it head on.

So... let there be that spell of calm reflection on this effort so far. A few days may be enough.

After, I will come back and pick up the recounting on all fronts, starting with the origin and formation of NEWST. And I will also continue to answer any questions, presented with basic civility, in good faith, genuinely seeking clarification and a better understanding.

zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Rman Virgil wrote:.

Before I continue, perhaps this would be a good place for a timeout to reflect on the proccedings so far.

I think I have been explicit and clear about what I'm doing and why and how I'm addressing this pre-lib recounting, in due course, as comprehensively as I can.

I've exposed my associated core values along the way without a shred of obfuscation. The ethical and moral imperative laid bare.

I have also openly, and repeatedly, touched upon the the straightforward protocol in place here for testing my veracity, and any inadvertant oversight or impropriety on my part.

The last instance sumarizing all the above would be this quote:

.....I would like to do initial drafts here for 2 reasons.

1.) The pre-lib folks know and come to this site thus thier crowdsourcing will likely happen here rather than elsewhere... at least to begin with.

2.) That veteran crowdsourcing here serves an important dual purpose: that they weigh in with thier POVs and... that they scrutinize and do a vetting of what I state.....
Can I be any clearer on any of that..?

Maybe I should add...

Identify yourself from the pre-liberation community with the nick you used back then. I have a good memory of active members clear back to '99.

===========>

* Why the virulent assaults about recounting the events of '99 - '05, the folks I would name, and on me personally...? *

I've looked at the assaults very carefully and have some thoughts on their nature but to get side-tracked, to get caught-up in that agenda, would be to capitulate to the tactics of disruption and their goal to create an unsavory, toxic atmosphere, to disuade where they cannot discredit with evidence, and I won't accede to that toxicity by opposing it head on.

So... let there be that spell of calm reflection on this effort so far. A few days may be enough.

After, I will come back and pick up the recounting on all fronts, starting with the origin and formation of NEWST. And I will also continue to answer any questions, presented with basic civility, in good faith, genuinely seeking clarification and a better understanding.

There was an old saying hereabouts about "not giving your sense" to a certain type of person, esp the little yappers that can collect about one's heel...
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

True zydonk, it often happens that way. :3

This time, there was a little more to it. It wasn't your typical brat behavior, at least in chronology. It was not prepubescent or adolescent but beyond the teen years. Plus there were a couple Freudian slips (one at the start & one at the end) which suggested a purpose in concert, as the language is used typically. Which in itself is revealing in tandem with the obvious hands-off.

Be that all as it may, it doesn't change anything. I'll proceed from were I left off before having to deal with Captian Dreck's minion. This coming weekend may be providential for that. Hope springs eternal. So far. :hmm:
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Quite a few of the key statements I've made to this point can now be definitely vetted. I'm gonna let another week go by for that fact to sink in before continuing with The Butterfly Effect: The Origin and Formation of NEWST ~ Part 1 & 2. This will also give me the additional opportunity to fulfill several WZ commitments, work on some CGI components of my proof of concept WZ FMV ~ "Triumph in the Balance" and last, but not least, log some serious play-time with the extraordinary "Dear Esther" game. ;) (Thanks again LA for that fab recommendation. :D )

CYA again here next Sunday. :3

Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

It would appear the time-out has been to the good.

If this holds I will pick up tomorrow and go foward, at least over the next 4 days after which I will have to set it aside till I return to my home base in the Rockies.

In 5 days I fly out to the West Coast for a 2 week biz trip. In that time frame the only WZ thing I will make time for will be attending details of Chojun's source release. That's it, till I get back home after the 4th of July.

Assuming no nasty, scorched earth, posts arise here to distract again from the task at hand, I'll continue anew tomorrow. :3

Totalwar
New user

Post by Totalwar »

Rman Virgil wrote: TotalWar
...Since when have I capitalized the 'w' in my name? Heh...
LA wrote:Totalwar.. not sure other than ideas and support.
That about sums up my contributions, actually.

Man, feels weird posting under such an old nick. Hell, this nick is now as old as I was when NEWST was formed.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

:lol2: Revenge of the old timers. 30 minutes easrly (EST) but.. Happy fathers day to all the dads.

Wonder if any of the other NEWST members shall pop in and recount stories or sorrow and anger over what we could and could not do with out the source code and their tales of days long ago on the secret histories of NEWST.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Totalwar wrote:...Since when have I capitalized the 'w' in my name? Heh...
Lol. Yea I gave your nick a Neo-Euro wedge cut doo. ;) You often were one of the first to catch my mistakes and make me laugh about it too. And here you are. :)

Man it's been a few years. IRC chats with Sputty and the gang on the WZ 2200 Project channel, last I recall. Really great to cya again. :3
Totalwar wrote:That about sums up my contributions, actually.
Hey, don't sell yourself short. You were in the thick of everything, even pre-NEWST. You helped shape, inspire and test much of what we put our collective energy behind. And that last has been in very short supply for some time. I surely miss 4nE and his team of beta testers. Been nothing like that since.
Totalwar wrote:Man, feels weird posting under such an old nick. Hell, this nick is now as old as I was when NEWST was formed.
I think it was in one of those typical 100+ post threads at Pumpkin's bbs were it first came up and one of our very first conversations as well.

Wanna say it was the thread me and SLONNER were talking WZ AI in the context of IBMs Deep Blue and the match against the great Kasparov - but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway I said something and you responded - "I'm only #* years old..."

Stopped me dead in my tracks. I really thought you were at least 18 - 20 years old. The maturity of your thought and language skills alone was well beyond those calender years, typically speaking. Heck, you remember Silverbolt. ;)

Plus you held your own in discussions with Carver and Carver is still to this day one of the smartest, most well rounded & wittyest humans I've ever met.

Shoot, Pumpkin was duly impressed with Carver's codeing prowess and would have offered him an internship had things worked differently. One of the most honest coders I've ever met too. He'd hack 40-50 hours straight without sleep or food and then tell me: "Coders are basically lazy and I'm no exception. Don't let these bouts of intensive coding mislead you to think different." And all of 16 - 17 as I recall and about to enter Texas A & M. :hmm:

Better cut it here before I overdo the nostalgia - if I haven't already. heh. ;)

Cheers, Rman. :D
Totalwar
New user

Post by Totalwar »

Rman Virgil wrote:
Totalwar wrote:...Since when have I capitalized the 'w' in my name? Heh...
Lol. Yea I gave your nick a Neo-Euro wedge cut doo. ;) You often were one of the first to catch my mistakes and make me laugh about it too. And here you are. :)

Man it's been a few years. IRC chats with Sputty and the gang on the WZ 2200 Project channel, last I recall. Really great to cya again. :3
Was I active at all during 2200? I know I briefly posted/lurked here for a bit (As should be obvious by my join date), but I don't recall ever being remotely active development wise over the past half decade. Then again, I do recall joining a WZ related IRC channel somewhat recently...
Totalwar wrote:That about sums up my contributions, actually.
Hey, don't sell yourself short. You were in the thick of everything, even pre-NEWST. You helped shape, inspire and test much of what we put our collective energy behind. And that last has been in very short supply for some time. I surely miss 4nE and his team of beta testers. Been nothing like that since.
More because I prefer simple honesty over a need to constantly sell myself ;)
Totalwar wrote:Man, feels weird posting under such an old nick. Hell, this nick is now as old as I was when NEWST was formed.
I think it was in one of those typical 100+ post threads at Pumpkin's bbs were it first came up and one of our very first conversations as well.

Wanna say it was the thread me and SLONNER were talking WZ AI in the context of IBMs Deep Blue and the match against the great Kasparov - but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway I said something and you responded - "I'm only #* years old..."

Stopped me dead in my tracks. I really thought you were at least 18 - 20 years old. The maturity of your thought and language skills alone was well beyond those calender years, typically speaking. Heck, you remember Silverbolt. ;)

Plus you held your own in discussions with Carver and Carver is still to this day one of the smartest, most well rounded & wittyest humans I've ever met.

Shoot, Pumpkin was duly impressed with Carver's codeing prowess and would have offered him an internship had things worked differently. One of the most honest coders I've ever met too. He'd hack 40-50 hours straight without sleep or food and then tell me: "Coders are basically lazy and I'm no exception. Don't let these bouts of intensive coding mislead you to think different." And all of 16 - 17 as I recall and about to enter Texas A & M. :hmm:

Better cut it here before I overdo the nostalgia - if I haven't already. heh. ;)

Cheers, Rman. :D
Err, hate to ask this, but what's "Silverbolt?" Heh...

Oh, and I definitely showed my age at times, trust me on that ;)