Alpha campaign

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
basher5_2
Rookie
Rookie

Alpha campaign

Post by basher5_2 »

hi i am new and i am a little stuck on aplha cam. im not sure what lvl it is on but it is after the level when the new ding dongs decide to have a take at your home sector it is a transport mission i destroyed the bases and everything else i return to my lz but nothing happens i run out of time and end up failing the nmission this is the only file where i am so far in id like to know if there is a way i can skip this mission: i try the "hallo mein schatz" cheat but nothing happens i end up withthe above and a ? after it is this the wrong cheat if so id like to know the true cheat to get past this road block.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Alpha campaign

Post by lav_coyote25 »

here is a link to something better than a cheat....

http://docs.wz2100.net/walk%20through/index.html
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Ursa
Trained
Trained

Post by Ursa »

Walkthrough Alpha 2 wrote: Produce new units while the Research Center studies Engineering which will lead to the Mobile Repair Turret and the Repair Facility. After it's available, build a Repair Facility and then order all of your units to return for repairs after receiving medium damage. This will help prevent your experienced units from being destroyed completely.
Here I thought the Repair Facility only became available in Alpha 5
fryBASS
Greenhorn

Post by fryBASS »

Look around the map for a single unit.  There is usually a Paradigm sensor tank sitting up behind where the scavenger base was.  But wait until the very end of the mission to do so.  In the mean time, build up power and research techs.
cruise
Trained
Trained

Post by cruise »

Yeah, it means there's a unit you've missed somewhere - maybe an oil derrick. Make sure you've got some sensor vehicles and roll them about, clearing out all the map.
[ cruise / casual-tempest.net / transference.org ]
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

look to the extreme northern part of the map - approximate center - work to both east and west of that.  kill everything.  including walls
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
basher5_2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by basher5_2 »

i did build censor towers all over just to make sure i guess it was because i let the 1 unit escape opps but i restarted that file and i am now waiting for some feedback on how to get to the beta campaign but i have the update but nothing works with it
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

In the mission where you first encounter the New Paradigm, there is a single sensor unit that runs away from you when you approach it.

This happens everytime, when you destroy the base, and the mission still isn't complete. Send random units everywhere, and you will find a sensor bug wheels belonging to the New Paradigm. Kill it, and win the mission.
basher5_2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by basher5_2 »

i did find the units in my other file i had the same problem but then i just blew everything up to fix it so i am still having problems with the campaign switching
mitra
New user

Post by mitra »

having the same problem  on the same level.  but in my case one of my units have mysterly warp to the top right hand corner of the map.. and now i'm wondering how i enable freidnyl fire and destroy it?

also i'm on a mac and holding alt doesn't seem to do anything
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I think someone disabled friendly fire because you could use it to cheat... I may be mistaken, though.
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

disabled friendly fire unuseless.... Its not cheating.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Terminator wrote: disabled friendly fire unuseless.... Its not cheating.
Actually it allowed you to artificially increase the ranks of your own units. Wether that's cheating or not is another discussion for another time, but it is that reason that friendly fire had at the time been disabled (which I think took place over a year ago).
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Giel wrote: ..to artificially increase the ranks of your own units..
hm.. I dint know tha killing own Units will increase rank...
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

you can shoot to a friend unit with alt+click, it has not been disabled I suppose.