Win32/MinGW: Can't find makerules\config.mk.tmpl

For code related discussions and questions
smallfly
Trained
Trained

Win32/MinGW: Can't find makerules\config.mk.tmpl

Post by smallfly »

The (outdated?) compile guide tells me:

"In the directory where you extracted the Warzone 2100 sources to, copy makerules\config.mk.tmpl to makerules\config.mk and open the new file for editing (notepad will do just fine)...."

I can remember, when i last compiled the game (years ago) there WAS this file and i could successfully compile the game. But now I really can't find the file anymore and so I dont know where to tell the compiler the location of the devpkg and that I want a RELEASE and not a DEBUG version.

I appreciate any help. Thanks so far :-)
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Win32/MinGW: Can't find makerules\config.mk.tmpl

Post by vexed »

We don't have any developer working with this build system. Guess we should remove it. :hmm:
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
smallfly
Trained
Trained

Post by smallfly »

yeah, then better remove it.
is there an up-to-date windows compile guide for wz2100 anywhere? would really help.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

see, the thing is, we have no "windows coders" as such. it is all crosspiler stuff now.
smallfly
Trained
Trained

Post by smallfly »

ok. i understand that. but then better remove all windows compile guides and dont raise hopes of windows coders ;)
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

I *still* think you should get MinGW compilation up! It's kinda wrong to only be able to compile a program for your OS under another OS. ;^)
Also known as Subsentient.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

I think vexed uses msvc. But if nobody uses mingw, who should update it?
We want information... information... information.
smallfly
Trained
Trained

Post by smallfly »

cybersphinx wrote:I think vexed uses msvc. But if nobody uses mingw, who should update it?
nobody. but if vexed uses msvc he could provide a little compile guide using http://www.picpick.org/ to make some screenshots that show the way from the download of the source code to playable exe file :) that would be great :)
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

When you already have set up everything so it works it's not that easy to write a guide. Might be a nice project for someone else though (like e.g. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7762).
We want information... information... information.
smallfly
Trained
Trained

Post by smallfly »

Yeah, thats true. I am currently writing a gigantic guide (more like a book) about coding/developing a big transport simulation (see www.p1sim.org). And it would be nearly impossible to write the guide when the game is finished.

Back to topic: If you have set up everything you could a least post some screenshots of the settings windows (showing which libs are included etc.), what you type in command consoles when compiling, etc.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

smallfly wrote:Yeah, thats true. I am currently writing a gigantic guide (more like a book) about coding/developing a big transport simulation (see http://www.p1sim.org). And it would be nearly impossible to write the guide when the game is finished.

Back to topic: If you have set up everything you could a least post some screenshots of the settings windows (showing which libs are included etc.), what you type in command consoles when compiling, etc.
ya know i suggested this at the beginning - and as you can see, i was ignored. i would have done it if i had understood what was needed... oh well. such is life. :|
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

I was able to compile 3.0b2 with mingw using a set of qmake pro files I-Nod gave me (Thank you I-Nod :) ) but last time I tryed to compile master it reported all kinds of syntax errors and wouldn't compile.
Most of what it choked on seemed to be things like this:

"string literal"DEFINECONSTANT"Another string literal"

Mostly it complained that it couldn't find the definition of the constant. :roll:

Also there is no up-to-date mingw dev package so look forward to a long dependency hunt/compile fest first
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

smallfly wrote:
cybersphinx wrote:I think vexed uses msvc. But if nobody uses mingw, who should update it?
nobody. but if vexed uses msvc he could provide a little compile guide using http://www.picpick.org/ to make some screenshots that show the way from the download of the source code to playable exe file :) that would be great :)
I just don't got that much time to do this. :stressed:
I am not sure what the problem is exactly, I know the compile process for MSVC is a bit harder than doing CC builds, but, as long as you compile all the required libs that are mentioned, and get all the required 3rd party utility programs (or SDKs) then it is just like setting up any other compiler environment.
Master is a bit different, since that uses Qt, and you need to self compile (with SSL support) all that as well. It can't be made into a devpack.

This is also why the only officially supported platforms that we current have is using autotools for linux, and also for the cross-compiler.
Everything else is not officially supported at this point in time.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

vexed wrote:This is also why the only officially supported platforms that we current have is using autotools for linux, and also for the cross-compiler.
Everything else is not officially supported at this point in time.
Do not forget Xcode for mac builds.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds