Biggest in-game mistakes

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Biggest in-game mistakes

Post by bendib »

I'm wondering what the dumbest things people have done in game happen to be. I'll start.

I was in a game a few days ago, and it was set to advanced bases on a map that gives only a HQ, derricks, and four trucks. I thought that I already had power gens because of the derricks, and built about half my base before everything came to a screeching halt. I had to recycle several trucks to get the required power for generators.
Also known as Subsentient.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: Biggest in-game mistakes

Post by effigy »

sitting in my base, waiting for a certain tech before capturing extra oil. :'-(
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Putting too much faith in just a single weapon class (in my case, it was the machineguns class), though this was back when I was playing through this game on my old PS1.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

Post by Collective Leader »

Huge walls of AG guns on making a literal split between my half of the map and the bot's side on SK-Startup... had him pinned as far as ground-pounding went, but then he picked me off with VTOLs before I could do much about it. XD
Warriors of the Collective, attack and destroy all who resist The Machine.
Warzone_Fan
Trained
Trained

Post by Warzone_Fan »

i set up a 3x3 hellstorm defense platforms and he cae up with a cloud of VTOL bugs and destroyed a little after he sent a sensor unit with archangel assigned to it... :stare:
  • If you do things right people won’t be sure you did anything at all.
    One man’s criticism worth more than a million men approval.
    The real power is to rule over your own anger.
    Don’t Hope For Change, Make The Change You Hope For.
neo_dragon2k
Trained
Trained

Post by neo_dragon2k »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:Putting too much faith in just a single weapon class (in my case, it was the machineguns class), though this was back when I was playing through this game on my old PS1.
XD I made that same mistake. HAHA IDK i think the tendency with the PS1 for me anyway was to play it more arcade-ish which was just run up to them and machine-gun rush Everything... or maybe i was just a noob. ^_^

I accidentally sealed up one of my trucks in-between a wall earlier today while my base was being attacked. LOL
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

bendib wrote:I'm wondering what the dumbest things people have done in game happen to be. I'll start.

I was in a game a few days ago, and it was set to advanced bases on a map that gives only a HQ, derricks, and four trucks. I thought that I already had power gens because of the derricks, and built about half my base before everything came to a screeching halt. I had to recycle several trucks to get the required power for generators.
OMG, the dumbest thing is playing against you. You are a slimy cheater the last time I played a game with bendib.
people, he cheats like there is no tomorrow!
spawning tons of tanks in under one minute!
buildings getting killed by satellite weapons in under one minute of game time!
I gave up multiplayer because of your crap and I was hoping they would have fixed it by now. :x and ban cheaters like you from the game!!
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

medusa wrote:
bendib wrote:I'm wondering what the dumbest things people have done in game happen to be. I'll start.

OMG, the dumbest thing is playing against you. You are a slimy cheater the last time I played a game with bendib.
people, he cheats like there is no tomorrow!
spawning tons of tanks in under one minute!
buildings getting killed by satellite weapons in under one minute of game time!
I gave up multiplayer because of your crap and I was hoping they would have fixed it by now. :x and ban cheaters like you from the game!!
Is this a joke? I haven't seen any cheating from bendib and we've been playing together for a long time.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

OK lets not start a flame war here. Admittedly Bendib did cheat BEFORE but that was a LONG time ago. I've played him several games and he is a fine player.
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

macuser wrote:OK lets not start a flame war here. Admittedly Bendib did cheat BEFORE but that was a LONG time ago. I've played him several games and he is a fine player.
Not a flame war, just stating fact.
If your saying he has reformed then I would have to see this in a few games to be sure, but for lots of players, once you cheat you are always labeled a cheat and people never want to play with you again.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

medusa wrote:
macuser wrote:OK lets not start a flame war here. Admittedly Bendib did cheat BEFORE but that was a LONG time ago. I've played him several games and he is a fine player.
Not a flame war, just stating fact.
If your saying he has reformed then I would have to see this in a few games to be sure, but for lots of players, once you cheat you are always labeled a cheat and people never want to play with you again.
The relevant public apology thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7237
neo_dragon2k
Trained
Trained

Post by neo_dragon2k »

I attached some ripple rockets to a CB turret and forgot i had until i tried to bomb a base with them and they just stood there while my CB got blown to bits. ^_^ HAHAHA i was pissed off at the time; but now i think its hilarious.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

medusa wrote: Not a flame war, just stating fact.
I'd like to disagree. I'm well trusted and well liked by most everyone. Many of my maps are very popular and played regularly. I am in two warzone channels, including -games. I host a map archive on my server, which gets a good number of views. I've said this before, but I'll say it again.

I WAS a cheater, when I was every bit as much a noob as you medusa. I could have continued to cheat, but I noticed it was ruining many people's fun and causing unrest. I did the ethical thing and stopped cheating, because one man's fun isn't worth the fun of hundreds. I quit cheating while I was still a noob and learned to play fairly. As a matter of fact, I cheated for no more than ~2-3 weeks at most, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember every detail. I hope that YOU will now do the ethical thing and drop the fracking subject. :x
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 14 Aug 2011, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: medusa complained about the " f*cking " word so i changed it the same as was done for him... to be fair. now drop it... or be banned.
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

bendib wrote:
medusa wrote: Not a flame war, just stating fact.
I'd like to disagree. I'm well trusted and well liked by most everyone. Many of my maps are very popular and played regularly. I am in two warzone channels, including -games. I host a map archive on my server, which gets a good number of views. I've said this before, but I'll say it again.

I WAS a cheater, when I was every bit as much a noob as you medusa. I could have continued to cheat, but I noticed it was ruining many people's fun and causing unrest. I did the ethical thing and stopped cheating, because one man's fun isn't worth the fun of hundreds. I quit cheating while I was still a noob and learned to play fairly. As a matter of fact, I cheated for no more than ~2-3 weeks at most, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember every detail. I hope that YOU will now do the ethical thing and drop the f**cking subject. :x
what makes you think I am a noob?
I just happen to be in your time frame while you were still a cheater? :roll:
news flash, trust isn't given it is earned.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

I REALLY don't care if you trust me. I promise you I don't. I don't even like you. I'd love to 1v1 you, unless of course you ARE mathezula as someone suggested, in which case you are STILL a cheater.