Difference between old Warzone 2100 and new ?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Difference between old Warzone 2100 and new ?

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 01 Jul 2007, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

well...
lav_coyote25 wrote: Links to the changelogs changelog for 2.0.x, changelog for current development trunk
that covers the tech stuff..as to the simpleton's understanding (e.g ME )

warzone 2100 was a fabulous game, unfortunatly the emphasis is on was. for what ever reason the company went belly up and there is to my knowledge no longer any form of official support or development.

Resurrection is exactly that...after "most" of the ownership rights for the game are now public domain. these die hard techno heads, have been rewriting the game in a working form thats legaly free. both trying to fill the gaps that have been left by some things being with-held from public domain, and general fixes and upgrades to make it better than the "real thing"

There is a lot of work still to do, because there arnt many with the skills AND devotion to the cause to fix the backlog of issues, but they are doing a miraculous job!!

PS. hey Devs, maybe you can set up a registered charity and link us a paypal segment ;).when you have enough cash you could pay a freelance team to do the yukky big jobs!
Version: master-20110320 QT
VGA:Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Driver in use: 6.14.12.6658
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4200+
RAM: 2 x DDR-II 1GB corsair
bded
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bded »

PS. hey Devs, maybe you can set up a registered charity and link us a paypal segment ;).when you have enough cash you could pay a freelance team to do the yukky big jobs!
sounds good to me too. i got some money not doing anything at the moment.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Radiated_Snake wrote: Strange that devs of project didn't write that... or something more about project.
We write code ;) And I don't know for all the other devs, but I'm much better at writing code than articles of any form.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

hehe my pleasure.
like i said they are all techno heads  :P
i have devotion but not the skills these guys have, which in some ways is a blessing because i can see things from a more general point of view, but i would chop off my right nut to be able to do the things these guys can with a set of 1's and 0's !
Version: master-20110320 QT
VGA:Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Driver in use: 6.14.12.6658
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4200+
RAM: 2 x DDR-II 1GB corsair
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

GiGaBaNE wrote: like i said they are all techno heads  :P
Guilty as charged ;).
GiGaBaNE wrote: i have devotion but not the skills these guys have, which in some ways is a blessing because i can see things from a more general point of view, but i would chop off my right nut to be able to do the things these guys can with a set of 1's and 0's !
Don't chop off your nut(s) yet! Playing around with 1s and 0s also known as bits is better known as "bitfucking". That has a reason: we like to look at things from a more general point of view as well (i.e. a higher level of abstraction). If we wouldn't look at things from a higher level than 1s and 0s we probably would take years to get anywhere.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh