Weapon balance favors machineguns (AP type)

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Weapon balance favors machineguns (AP type)

Post by JDW »

That's one heck of a nasty gun.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Darkblade
Greenhorn

Post by Darkblade »

Rambo would have a wet dream about that >D

Anyway yes, instead of a anti-cyborg weapons it aught to be, machineguns are the mainstay weapon on ground level instead of cannons. This because they are seemingly doing in decent groups say 20vs20, more damage in a shorter time (even on a heavy armored tanks)(this is guesswork, i didn't calculate it, just ) Thats not including the fact that most machineguns can also shoot in the air, that you can spit out machinegun tanks faster then cannon tanks, the cost and the moving speed of cannon tanks vs machinegun tanks and a few other small things.
TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

Technically, the 10000 kg Whirlwind turret is composed of dual 30mm Gatling autocannons, but as of now, it is arbitrarily restricted to firing at airborne VTOLs only.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Fix it. This is a problem with vtols, without and with high power, or low power.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.