Harrasment? Really!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Knossos117
Greenhorn

Harrasment? Really!

Post by Knossos117 »

I wasnt so sure where to post this so Im posting this here: Dust is harrasing me on Warzone 2100 and its driving me insane, Get him to stop (Not the IRC Server)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Harrasment? Really!

Post by lav_coyote25 »

dust?? dunno who that is. no dust on this forums.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok, he is on the irc #warzone2100-games server. who is in charge of that. O_o
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

The correct action would be to contact the people in #warzone2100-dev, since that is where the people who have access to do anything can help you.

I would also logged any and all harassment and also post the person's IP address when you gather the evidence.
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Knossos117 wrote:I wasnt so sure where to post this so Im posting this here: Dust is harrasing me on Warzone 2100 and its driving me insane, Get him to stop (Not the IRC Server)
As lav said, you need to be more specific, and on the IRC if your "Knossos" you have acted up as well. If it's on the forum you can add people to an ignore list in "User Control Panel".
Knossos117
Greenhorn

Post by Knossos117 »

No No Its online, Not IRC or the Fourms. Like in Games and Crap, Its annoying the hell out of me
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Knossos117 wrote:No No Its online, Not IRC or the Fourms. Like in Games and Crap, Its annoying the hell out of me
Nothing can really be done about this, we can have a chat with him in the IRC if things really get out of hand, but just don't play with him it's that simple.
Knossos117
Greenhorn

Post by Knossos117 »

Well you better, he just doesnt leave me alone, No One Helps me it makes me feel really depressed on Warzone. The Only Resion I "bite" alot is because of the rough past I'v had on EvE Online, Sins of a Solar Empire, Homeworld 2, Xfire: Its pretty strainful on the good old Self Estime, Aparently Most of you people cant even understand that and some just cruly pick on me. Examples of People follow:

Dylan_Hsu
General
Dust
and I believe more that I cant think off the top of my head

its annoying, If you cant understand that then I dont know what the hell is wrong with you people. I'v been able to absorb Such Hate for 2 Full Years and now Im beging to Crack from it. You better do something or eventualy I'll break apart
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Hello Knossos117

They "feed" on how you react to them. Just ignore bullies, they usually get bored when you don't react and then they get tired of it eventually.

The trick is to not let them get to you :)

Why don't you spend some time on the forum when it gets unbearable over there. There's a lot of civilized talk going on around here. At least we try to. :D

See you around buddy.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

If you're hosting a game, you can kick them.

If you join a game they host, you can leave.

If you join a game someone else is hosting that you participate in, you can ask the host to ban them.

There's really no other action that we can take, if the harrassment isn't happening in the forum or on IRC. Once you join a game, we don't control it anymore, the host does.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

Knossos117 wrote:Well you better...
Hey your asking for help here, and you just came off like a jerk, try looking out for that next time some people might get the wrong idea and it could get worse for you
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Zarel wrote:If you're hosting a game, you can kick them.

If you join a game someone else is hosting that you participate in, you can ask the host to ban them.

There's really no other action that we can take, if the harrassment isn't happening in the forum or on IRC. Once you join a game, we don't control it anymore, the host does.
There is more that can be done.
When you kick people from a game that information is in your logs, just post the IP here, and the mods can lookup who that person is.
Then the mods can warn the users, and then if they keep it up, ban them.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Crymson wrote:
Zarel wrote:If you're hosting a game, you can kick them.

There is more that can be done.
When you kick people from a game that information is in your logs, just post the IP here, and the mods can lookup who that person is.
I think what Zarel is trying to say is that the project staff have no jurisdiction in MP games. Even if it's possible for them to do something, they won't. The MP hosted game is run by the host, and if Knossos117 needs to complain to someone, it should be directed towards the host of the game.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Crymson wrote:There is more that can be done.
The problematic users usually aren't forum members, so it's not like banning them from the forums will make a difference.
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:I think what Zarel is trying to say is that the project staff have no jurisdiction in MP games. Even if it's possible for them to do something, they won't. The MP hosted game is run by the host, and if Knossos117 needs to complain to someone, it should be directed towards the host of the game.
This.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Knossos117 wrote:Well you better, he just doesnt leave me alone, No One Helps me it makes me feel really depressed on Warzone. The Only Resion I "bite" alot is because of the rough past I'v had on EvE Online, Sins of a Solar Empire, Homeworld 2, Xfire: Its pretty strainful on the good old Self Estime, Aparently Most of you people cant even understand that and some just cruly pick on me. Examples of People follow:

Dylan_Hsu
General
Dust
and I believe more that I cant think off the top of my head

its annoying, If you cant understand that then I dont know what the hell is wrong with you people. I'v been able to absorb Such Hate for 2 Full Years and now Im beging to Crack from it. You better do something or eventualy I'll break apart

Dylan_hater is on just about everyone's problem list, although general and dust are actually nice players, even when they are in the server with you and me. i have never heard dust or general chew you up.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.