cyborg transpport body

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
tassadar
New user

cyborg transpport body

Post by tassadar »

it would be nice too be able too make you're own transports by making it a type of weapon :ninja:
if u want u could do vehicle transport :D
Aldaris: Unthinkable! You presume that we would side with the Dark Ones as you have? You have gone quite mad, Tassadar.
Tassadar: You shall speak of them with respect, Aldaris.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: cyborg transpport body

Post by lav_coyote25 »

tassadar wrote:it would be nice too be able too make you're own transports by making it a type of weapon :ninja:
explain your concept. :)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: cyborg transport body

Post by KukY »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
tassadar wrote:it would be nice too be able too make you're own transports by making it a type of weapon :ninja:
explain your concept. :)
He thinks on being able to change Cyborg Transport weapon. That can be done using a mod. You want me to make you one???

About vechile transports;
I agree(With devs. Actually Zarel, I never saw any other dev talking about it.) that they are unbalanced, but they don't have to be in game. It would be nice if you would make vechile transport unit type.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I believe you meant to say "body" where you said "weapon" there.

That said, no, it'd be hella difficult on balance.
tassadar
New user

Post by tassadar »

what i mean is the ability to make cyborg transports theweaponpart eantthatyocould make transports with whatever body you wanted. :rolleyes:
Aldaris: Unthinkable! You presume that we would side with the Dark Ones as you have? You have gone quite mad, Tassadar.
Tassadar: You shall speak of them with respect, Aldaris.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Erm, no, the transport part is the body. Having cyborg transports with different bodies wouldn't really be that useful, either...
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Well... it depends, you can sacrifice some speed in exchange of hardness...

BTW, I think cyborg transport is nice how it is now.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

I think the cyborg transport is perfectly fine as-is. It is the strongest VTOL with that speed, can take the most damage, and is very tactically useful.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
dannystrube

Post by dannystrube »

yeah, but what i would like to have on the transport is a button that sets the location where it will drop off the cyborgs, insted of having to click on each robot one at a time, by then the transport can be destroyed!
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

I have a question slightly off topic but anyways i was wondering why there aren't tank transports in MP?
If there are i must have missed something as far as research.
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

dannystrube wrote:yeah, but what i would like to have on the transport is a button that sets the location where it will drop off the cyborgs, insted of having to click on each robot one at a time, by then the transport can be destroyed!
Use <Alt>+Click

As of v2.3b7 you can try the following tactics:
  1. Produce 5 Cyborg Transports.
  2. Select all Cyborg Transports and assign them to a Tactical Airlift Group (TAG) using <Ctrl>+<some number 1-0>.
  3. Produce an Cyborg Airborne Brigade (CAB) of 50 Cyborg units (10/transport). I like to use:
    1. 20 Lancer/Scourge/Super Scourge Cyborgs (Long range - Anti Tank/Anti-Air)
    2. 20 Machine Gunner/Assault Gunner Cyborgs (Short Range - Anti Personnel/Anti-Air)
    3. 10 Flammer/Plasmite Flammer Cyborgs (Short Range - Anti-Bunker/Anti-Building)
  4. In muster area, select all long-range cyborg units and assign them to a group using <Ctrl>+<some number 1-0>.
  5. In muster area, select all short-range cyborg units and assign them to a group using <Ctrl>+<some number 1-0>.
  6. In muster area, select all CAB units and issue them orders to embark on your TAG. You have just formed an expeditionary force called a Tactical Airlift Group-Cyborg Airborne Brigade or TAG-CAB.

NOTE: Don't worry about mixing the type of cyborg units on each transport; in fact, mixing the types of units is highly desirable. If you lost all of your gunners or flamers, your CAB effectiveness would be greatly reduced against certain types of targets. But by mixing the types of units on each transport, losing any one transport only slightly reduces the total effectiveness of the CAB against any one type of target.
  7. Go recon an Objective LZ near your objective. Be careful not to choose an LZ on a skinny or narrow cliff or other high ground. You will need enough room not only for the landed transports, but all the disembarked units as well. If you try this on very narrow high ground, Warzone will end up disembarking some cyborgs units on tiles below the high ground, who may be sealed off from the rest of their brigade. (This would be handing your enemy the advantage of divide-and-conquer).
  8. Go recon a second, much more secure, Rally Point LZ for your TAG-CAB. There should be little to no anti-air defense between your Rally Point LZ and your Objective LZ. Ideally, your Rally Point LZ is only accessible by air. You will use this Rally Point LZ to land your TAG-CAB in before the air drop, and to immediately retreat your TAG to after the air drop. You must ensure the safest approach vector back and forth to your objective. If quick extraction is a concern, choose a Rally Point LZ as near your Objective LZ as possible.
  9. Once you have reconned both LZs, press the number key associated with your TAG and click on the Rally Point LZ to order them to fly there. When the TAG approaches the rally point LZ (they don't actually have to land there), hold down the <Alt> key while clicking on the Objective LZ. Then hold down the <Ctrl> key and click on the Rally Point LZ a second time.

What this does is order your TAG-CAB to approach the Objective LZ from a safe vector, order your TAG to automatically disembark the CAB, then order your TAG to automatically retreat back to the Rally Point LZ out of harm's way after the air drop. And it is a thing of beauty to behold!
  10. While your TAG-CAB is executing it's movement orders, keep your TAG units selected and press <spacebar>, Warzone will have the camera follow your TAG-CAB on its mission. (Queue "Flight of the Valkyries" if you have it, for the full blown Apocalypse Now effect.) It's very important to keep all your TAG units selected, just in case the Objective LZ is significantly more dangerous than when you first did your recon; you always want to be able to abort the mission by issuing movement orders elsewhere (like to your Rally Point LZ).
  11. As your TAG Lands to disembark the CAB, press <spacebar> to disengage the camera, then press the number key associated with your long range CAB units and order them to move away from any enemy units or defenses that shoot back. (The short range CAB units need to be up close and personal anyway in order to hit the enemy.)
  12. Knock out your key objectives using fire-and-maneuver tactics.
  13. When retreat is desired or required, press the number key associated with your TAG and click where you want the TAG to extract the CAB. Then press the number key associated with your long range units and order them to embark, then the same with your short range units. (You leave the short range units on the ground longer because they usually have a higher rate-of-fire.)
Last edited by KenAlcock on 17 Jan 2010, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Daltx wrote:I have a question slightly off topic but anyways i was wondering why there aren't tank transports in MP?
If there are i must have missed something as far as research.
Because it would take away from some of the uniqueness of cyborgs.
NF-Elemental
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NF-Elemental »

This was done during 1.11 patch beta testing. It was broken. You could build armies of pulse laser transports (you didn't need the cyborgs). It was a neat idea, but the AA defenses can only stop so much, and if you beef the AA defense up then regular VTOLs can't take them out. That is why you can't change out for a better weapon.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Overview from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg :)

According to some definitions of the term, the metaphysical and physical attachments humanity has with even the most basic technologies have already made them cyborgs.[4] In a typical example, a human fitted with a heart pacemaker or an insulin pump (if the person has diabetes) might be considered a cyborg, since these mechanical parts enhance the body's "natural" mechanisms through synthetic feedback mechanisms. Some theorists cite such modifications as contact lenses, hearing aids, or intraocular lenses as examples of fitting humans with technology to enhance their biological capabilities; however, these modifications are no more cybernetic than would be a pen or a wooden leg. Cochlear implants that combine mechanical modification with any kind of feedback response are more accurately cyborg enhancements.

The prefix "cyber" is also used to address human-technology mixtures in the abstract. This includes artifacts that may not popularly be considered technology; for example, pen and paper, and speech and language. Augmented with these technologies, and connected in communication with people in other times and places, a person becomes capable of much more than they were before. This is like computers, which gain power by using Internet protocols to connect with other computers. Cybernetic technologies include highways, pipes, electrical wiring, buildings, electrical plants, libraries, and other infrastructure that we hardly notice, but which are critical parts of the cybernetics that we work within.

Bruce Sterling in his universe of Shaper/Mechanist suggested an idea of alternative cyborg called Lobster, which is made not by using internal implants, but by using an external shell (e.g. a Powered Exoskeleton).[5] Unlike human cyborgs that appear human externally while being synthetic internally, a Lobster looks inhuman externally but contains a human internally. The computer game Deus Ex: Invisible War prominently featured cyborgs called Omar, where "Omar" is a Russian translation of the word "Lobster" (since the Omar are of Russian origin in the game).
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

All of that is great, but you still need a human in there somewhere for it to be a cyborg. If there is no human it's an android or a robot.
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68