SetonsClutch (8p)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

SetonsClutch (8p)

Post by Dylan Hsu »

"Making Warzone multiplayer better, one map at a time."
8c-Clutch.wz
(15.47 KiB) Downloaded 617 times

This map is based on a SupCom map suggested to me by Per as inspiration. PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND ENJOY YOUR WARS! ;)

Features:
  • One forward base, two supporting base, one base behind on each side.
  • Two oily islands and two oil rigs. Plenty of incentive to research hovercrafts!
  • One collection of oil in the middle, surrounded by huts to prevent aggressive towers or bunkers before units are produced.
Oil:
4/base (32)
1/oil rig (2)
4/coast (8)
4/island (8)
4/land bridge (4)
2/scattered crevasse (16)
Total: 70
Oil/player: 8.75
Gens/player: 2.1875

Tips:
  • Mobile AA
  • Hovercrafts
  • Balance of long-range and short-range weaponry
Attachments
TextureSS.PNG
TextureSS.PNG (9.83 KiB) Viewed 10117 times
HeightSS.PNG
HeightSS.PNG (10.05 KiB) Viewed 10117 times
Last edited by Dylan Hsu on 28 Nov 2009, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: SetonsClutch (8p)

Post by Buginator »

1) do not stick in the *.addon file anyplace. It should be already in the .wz file. Adding more than one can confuse the game.

The game just needs the .wz file, and it should be placed in your config/maps directory. (So it can transfer the map to other players).

2)
wz2100_shot_014.png
and it ends here.
BulletMagnet
Trained
Trained

Post by BulletMagnet »

OH-MY-GAWD! <3
praefectus
Trained
Trained

Post by praefectus »

Allways happy when I find new 8pl maps. THANKS! :D
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Good map, maybe too open for me.
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Thanks for the feedback! New maps coming soon.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

played on this maps a lot. I think those "entrances" to base is very tiny
Attachments
cluch.PNG
cluch.PNG (8.81 KiB) Viewed 9833 times
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I played this map with a friend against AIs yesterday. It is a really nice map to play on. The AI does not know how to get to the islands, but we will fix that one day (continent knowledge is in trunk already). The narrow entrances are very hard to punch through, but the AI does not exploit this very well. Are there gateways defined for the entrances? Perhaps also put some gateways on top of the entrance hills. The biggest issue, however, is the wall of huts separating the two halves of the map. The AI is completely broken by it, we had to help the AI out by destroying them. They really need to go away.

Anyway, thanks for a really nice map :D
BulletMagnet
Trained
Trained

Post by BulletMagnet »

the huts aren't in the original Seton's. pity, that's what made early game so fun; rushing to claim the mid.
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Per wrote:I played this map with a friend against AIs yesterday. It is a really nice map to play on. The AI does not know how to get to the islands, but we will fix that one day (continent knowledge is in trunk already). The narrow entrances are very hard to punch through, but the AI does not exploit this very well. Are there gateways defined for the entrances? Perhaps also put some gateways on top of the entrance hills. The biggest issue, however, is the wall of huts separating the two halves of the map. The AI is completely broken by it, we had to help the AI out by destroying them. They really need to go away.

Anyway, thanks for a really nice map :D
  • All of those gateways exist.
  • Perhaps AI could be told to destroy buildings they encounter?
  • The huts are there to encourage building units, not defensive structures, early.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Unfortunately, nobody is maintaining or up to improving the current AI. So we have to deal with its limitations.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I believe AI units will automatically shoot walls (in ai.c, not the AI scripts), so why not extend that to features?
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

I noticed the AI will automatically shoot the huts to bits if they're trying to attack units and they have enough weapon range.

That said, I think the map could do with a bit more base room for the bottom-left/top-right players, it could probably do with being bigger overall or maybe having a bigger version.

The AI certainly had no trouble using hovers to cross the water zones, though the 'beaches' suffer from the same thing - very bottlenecked, especially the western shore of the northeast zone.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Zarel wrote:I believe AI units will automatically shoot walls (in ai.c, not the AI scripts), so why not extend that to features?
We do not want AI droids to fire at just any map feature... but take a look at: #1165

It fixes the problem on this map, and it looks kinda cool when AI droids go on a temper tantrum.