Please test the 2.3 beta releases!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
sensor
Trained
Trained

Re: Please test the 2.3 beta releases!

Post by sensor »

I noticed in new versions moreover what the least three different repeated in every of them mistakes;

a) jamming individuals ( they get blocked and stand in place instead of to execute charged task)
b) if the source of oil is on water terrain on map or niedojezdnym when lorry is sufficiently near it tries by force almost unsuccessfully to reach to this source and it to build over ( it in total goes round in place)
c) individuals come on designed for them place not always, it happens often that they stop in fishing of road and stand, the same concerns from factories the departure of individuals

I have hope that you will understand about what I write because I used from linguistic translator
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
fizyxnrd
New user

Post by fizyxnrd »

I installed 2.3 beta 8 on 32-bit Ubuntu 9.10.
I have been having intermittent sound issues. Typically the sound works for a few minutes, although I get static sometimes (one user called this normal, saying it simulates radiation?!?!). After a while, the sound goes out completely.
Each time I launch warzone, the console generates multiple error messages

bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
(x4)

even before the sound cuts out.

I can quit the program normally immediately after launching, but once I have started a game (skirmish, campaign, anything) exiting the game causes a hang and the program has to be killed.

Also, during a 4v4 skirmish, I noticed that my computer allies were using VTOLs without VTOL rearming pads, and the VTOLs would fly out for multiple (10+) attacks.
Fastdeath
Trained
Trained

Post by Fastdeath »

fizyxnrd wrote:I installed 2.3 beta 8 on 32-bit Ubuntu 9.10.
I have been having intermittent sound issues. Typically the sound works for a few minutes, although I get static sometimes (one user called this normal, saying it simulates radiation?!?!). After a while, the sound goes out completely.
Each time I launch warzone, the console generates multiple error messages

bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
(x4)

even before the sound cuts out.

I can quit the program normally immediately after launching, but once I have started a game (skirmish, campaign, anything) exiting the game causes a hang and the program has to be killed.

Also, during a 4v4 skirmish, I noticed that my computer allies were using VTOLs without VTOL rearming pads, and the VTOLs would fly out for multiple (10+) attacks.
At first this is an external not Warzone specific bug (see as example: openarea).
There are 3 methods to fix that:

BEST METHOD: Upgrade Alsa to 1.0.21 or higher, credits to link

In console execute:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ricotz/unstable
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude -y install alsa-base pulseaudio
Remove that repository:
Then, go to System > Administration > Software Sources, and on the second tab called "Other Software", look for "http://ppa.launchpad.net/ricotz/unstable/ubuntu" and remove it. Then, to make sure you won't install other software from this PPA repository, run this once again:
Last step:

sudo aptitude update

ANOTHER way: is to remove pulseaudio before starting the game and reinstall it after
  • Remove pulseaudio:

sudo aptitude -y remove pulseaudio
    logout from system and relogin

play warzone, have fun and good luck

reinstall pulseaudio

sudo aptitude -y install pulseaudio
3rd way: remove pulseaudio and switch all used apps to alsa, i did that while alsa was not fixed, but you get more troubles than fun ...

@devs:
This also helps bug #1048

Hope i could help,
Fastdeath

EDIT: Also reinstall pulseaudio, reformat
Last edited by Fastdeath on 25 Jan 2010, 16:21, edited 2 times in total.
Nightly builds available here see buildbot for more infos about them
Lobby Server: here and here
SharpFlame the new WZ Map Editor
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

the beginning of new campaign - first announcement ; "attack, detective !"- version 2.3 beta 9
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
fizyxnrd
New user

Post by fizyxnrd »

@ Fastdeath
Thanks!
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

beta 9 crashes on exit so we need beta 10
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

crux wrote:beta 9 crashes on exit so we need beta 10
Weren't you the one who said we were releasing too many betas? Perhaps coming out with beta 10 so quickly isn't the best strategy. ;)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

has anyone posted the reasons for the crashing yet??? what is causing this? O_o :)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

lav_coyote25 wrote:has anyone posted the reasons for the crashing yet??? what is causing this? O_o :)
Yes, it's been fixed: http://developer.wz2100.net/changeset/9527 :)
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Im not sure if it has been said yet but it is very difficult to get a game going in beta 9 it often freezes while loading players, not sure what is causing it or if you already know this.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

the game still kicks me out of it at random times, warzone screen freezes, and then black screen, (sound's still playing (looping ones))

i dont think warzone had the time to save a rpt on that crash, it doesnt error'd me aswell, just gone
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

Zarel wrote:
crux wrote:beta 9 crashes on exit so we need beta 10
Weren't you the one who said we were releasing too many betas? Perhaps coming out with beta 10 so quickly isn't the best strategy. ;)
no?
I said each beta that has been put out so far all have serious issues that require a new beta ASAP
you guys keep changing code around or adding new code and it breaks
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

Daltx wrote:Im not sure if it has been said yet but it is very difficult to get a game going in beta 9 it often freezes while loading players, not sure what is causing it or if you already know this.
I don't see how they could miss something like this it is another obvious problem that beta 8 didn't have but beta 9 does so it should be easy enough to find this problem.

lets hope they fix it for beta 10
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

crux wrote:no?
I said each beta that has been put out so far all have serious issues that require a new beta ASAP
I don't know... how else do we fix the serious issues, without changing code around, or adding new code? :/ If you have a better way, I'd be happy to hear it.

I mean, you sound like you know a lot about programming. Would you like to help out? That'd be great. :)
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

Zarel wrote:
crux wrote:no?
I don't know... how else do we fix the serious issues, without changing code around, or adding new code? :/ If you have a better way, I'd be happy to hear it.

I mean, you sound like you know a lot about programming. Would you like to help out? That'd be great. :)
why not test stuff more thoroughly ?
It seems like you guys are not testing locally and just wish for the best.
then a beta gets pushed and it goes kaboom all over your faces
like that sound crash, it is 100% repeatable 100% of the time. how does that slip through?
as for help, I thought I was?