Experience speed modifier after max speed limit?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.

Say you have two tracked tanks, one at 125 speed and one at 100 speed. Higher experience should...

...make both go faster.
83%
...only make the slower one go faster. (Current behavior)
17%

Total votes: 30

psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Re: Experience speed modifier after max speed limit?

Post by psychopompos »

zoid wrote: Then you put a more powerful turbocharged engine in one of them.
that is very much a rephrased question
getting 2 vauxall/opel tigra cars & putting a calibra engine in one is obviously going to make the one with the more powerful engine faster.
due to being better engineered to deal with mechanical stress, and more torque.
Do they both still go the same speed? No.
to follow on from the previous example.
yes, they do!
the engine in the tigra will still have a maximum rev tolerance, putting a turbo in one tigra will only mean it can reach the limit faster
as much as could tweak the gear ratios to take advantage of the extra torque, you then will reduce the acceleration.
you also have to consider the maximum torque tolerance of the engine.

going 130 round a track to have an engine blow in your face & the windshield sprayed with oil is not funny

Yet a Bug Wheels Lancer with the starting engine goes 175, but does not increase speed as you research more engine upgrades. You could put a jet engine in it, but it would still go 175. With the speed limit removed, the vehicle will increase in speed as it got better engines.
(BTW, in Warzone a jet engine is not propulsion. Propulsion is either wheels, half-tracks, tracks, hover, or VTOL.)
in tech 3 there is the vapour turbine upgrade to your tanks.
similar idea to jet turbines used in trains an i believe many modern tanks

Are you saying you use regularly use Mantis in MP? I doubt it, because there's no point making a Mantis Bunker Buster Hover (for hit-and-run) when a Python BB Hover goes 200 as well. Hopefully someone will rethink the speed formula soon and get rid of the unrealistic speed limit, though. :)
in place of the cobra.
psychopompos wrote:mantis is faster then cobra for most of tech 2 before the limit.
or was, 2.2 seems to be a bit different & i havnt checked yet.
also, i rarely if ever use heavy body hovers.
i found the survival rates didnt improve much.
guciomir wrote:It seems Psychopompos that you do not have a car and a driving license. In the real life, when you drive with some people in the car your top speed is much lower.
while its true i cant legally drive on the road. that doesnt mean i cant drive.
also, it doesnt change that you have a car with some very low torque levels...
new paradigm leader wrote:sorry psychopompos but you are incorrect two vehicles using the same engine though it is true the lighter car will accelerate much faster it will also attain a higher top speed.
virtually negligible except for cars with poor torque
it's all about physics.
you mean it?
look at it logically velocity is limited by acting forces such as gravity, friction, and other such things which is going to have greater forces acting on it a heavier chassis or a lighter one? ill tell you the heavier one of course. physics... you gotta love it.
looking at it logically i can see that atmospheric friction will affect 2 cars with the same body equally.
meaning you can ignore it.
friction between tyre and track will affect acceleration and cornering will adversely affect the car with the weight penalty before the car without the penalty.

however, it would be a very poorly underpowered car that hadnt the torque to reach its own top speed in the first place.
provided it had the torque to do that, the only difference is, the heavier car will take longer to reach its speed tolerance/rev limit.