torrent file

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
manaze
Trained
Trained

torrent file

Post by manaze »

Its a torrent file that will bring everyone up to speed .

Includes:

Stock cd1 and 2 from pumkin (yes FVM)

ALso includes 1.10 and 2.1b4

Please seed

http://www.torrentportal.com/download/3 ... 01.torrent

PLEASE SEED!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: torrent file

Post by Buginator »

I just wondered, how is this going?
Anybody else seed yet, or is it still just you?
skellr
Trained
Trained

Post by skellr »

There should be a few seeds out there now. I don't seed all the time but have been checking from time to time to see if there are any peers waiting.

Thanks manaze
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

-------------------->

* This set-up was rife with problems from the get go - believe me, I know cause I was there from the get go, trying to answer Manaze's questions.. After testing last weekend for the up-teenth time we judged this pup dead.

* Thus Chojun went ahead and set-up two new dedicated servers, created new files of the 2 CDs and properly indexed the torrent.

* Since any further specificity on my part would likely be misconstrued as advertising or self-aggrandizement ... just go to my site or use google for the links and FULL story.

- Regards, RV.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
skellr
Trained
Trained

Post by skellr »

Thanks RV :)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Rman Virgil wrote:-------------------->

* This set-up was rife with problems from the get go - believe me, I know cause I was there from the get go, trying to answer Manaze's questions.. After testing last weekend for the up-teenth time we judged this pup dead.

* Thus Chojun went ahead and set-up two new dedicated servers, created new files of the 2 CDs and properly indexed the torrent.

* Since any further specificity on my part would likely be misconstrued as advertising or self-aggrandizement ... just go to my site or use google for the links and FULL story.

- Regards, RV.
It was a simple question. :stare:
Which I guess you answered it in a roundabout way. :|
I was mainly wondering the stats so far. :3

And since when has advertising your site stopped you before? ;) heh No, this isn't meant as a flame, I just find it farcical. :D
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

It was a simple question. :stare:
Which I guess you answered it in a roundabout way. :|
I was mainly wondering the stats so far.

And since when has advertising your site stopped you before? ;) heh No, this isn't meant as a flame, I just find it farcical.

* Sorry, but I could not shoe-horn your simple question-perception into the actual reality which was anything but simple.

* Hundreds of peeps are interested, real d/l stats will be forth-coming as we actually have a working torrent now.

* Over the course of 10 years I've looked at everything I've done as promoting WZ and keeping it alive. I've NEVER had
my threads deleted, locked or my signature edited for an absurd effect as I have in this BB under the pretense that what I was doing was advertising or irrelevant. Those acts may be judged farcical by their ilk but I find them so thoroughly offensive that if they happened face to face we'd definitely throw-down and weed-out the craven in short order. So that's where I'm coming from with the comments in that last post.
skellr on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 am

Thanks RV
* Your quite welcome, bud. Hope you enjoy it and all the fab stuff that goes with it, only a small portion of which is being recycled for this binary here. :D

- Regards, RV :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Rman Virgil wrote: * Over the course of 10 years I've looked at everything I've done as promoting WZ and keeping it alive. I've NEVER had
my threads deleted, locked or my signature edited for an absurd effect as I have in this BB under the pretense that what I was doing was advertising or irrelevant. Those acts may be judged farcical by their ilk but I find them so thoroughly offensive that if they happened face to face we'd definitely throw-down and weed-out the craven in short order. So that's where I'm coming from with the comments in that last post.

- Regards, RV :)
Erm, either you got short memories, or ... ah heck, why do I bother if It will be just misconstrued anyway?
As they say, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If you want to continue this discussion, then feel free to open a new topic, since I think manaze is offended that his topic got hijacked.

and now, getting back to the topic at hand...
* Hundreds of peeps are interested, real d/l stats will be forth-coming as we actually have a working torrent now.
That is all I wanted to know. :)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I believe I've offered this before, but I have a few gigabytes of storage and a few terabytes of bandwidth sitting unused on one of my web hosting accounts. Feel free to take advantage of that (by e-mail, IM, or PMing me or something like that) instead of torrenting, if you want something more reliable.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Erm, either you got short memories, or ... ah heck, why do I bother if It will be just misconstrued anyway?
As they say, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If you want to continue this discussion, then feel free to open a new topic, since I think manaze is offended that his topic got hijacked.

and now, getting back to the topic at hand...
* I have an excellent memory, the only problem here is that you think you know it all and your don't, plain and simple.

* As far as Manaze... I have had more direct interaction with him over the last 2 months that you don't have a clue about so, again, your presumption is utterly off-base, if not out and out false. Indeed, Manaze came to me and offered his resources to our project and I told him we were well covered but that we we're discussing creating a Torrent of the 2 Pumpkin CD's and that he might possibly be interested in helping with that, which is EXACTLY how this got started.

* I don't even wanna have this discussion with you here or any where. Creating within and for WZ is infinitely more satisfying a pre-occupation than these type "discussions".

* The only reason I'm even here is that there are still peeps that go back to the original Pumpkin bbs and every community I was a part of since then (no surprise really considering what went down with RTS.Net and the Berlios Repository).. As far as you and your comrades, I can readily do with NO interaction whatsoever.

* I can also amicably deal with arrogance if it is backed up by an irrefutable brilliance.... but in these boards it's only ever been backed-up by mediocrity at best and that is rather insufferable and just plain annoying like a leaky faucet or accidentally stepping in dog poop.
Zarel on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:23 am

I believe I've offered this before, but I have a few gigabytes of storage and a few terabytes of bandwidth sitting unused on one of my web hosting accounts. Feel free to take advantage of that (by e-mail, IM, or PMing me or something like that) instead of torrenting, if you want something more reliable.
* Speaking for our organization - I thank you for the offer but I believe we are well covered at this stage as well as being committed to this service for years to come.

Regards, RV

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Dragonspider
New user

Post by Dragonspider »

Ok i have loved this game from day one of bata. I want to play it again with the changes yall have made but the torrent file is not working. i have down loaded the torrent and open it with my programs but no DL has started yet it been 1 day now. I have no firewall and blocker running.

I'm using Miro to try and download it. but nothing so far in 24 hours.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

I just threw up another server today. On the one, it has already transferred 2.8 GB in just a few days.

Thanks for the offer of help, Zarel. The nice thing about bitTorrent is that anyone can help -- just download the torrent and seed away :)

One thing I'd like to add atop RV's comments is that one of the most major problems with the 2 different communities is that our knowledge and experience in Warzone is almost perfectly mutually exclusive.

[/offtopic]
Dragonspider
New user

Post by Dragonspider »

OK i got it to work now had to change programs for the file to start moving thanks. I will help seed for a while too. :)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Chojun wrote: One thing I'd like to add atop RV's comments is that one of the most major problems with the 2 different communities is that our knowledge and experience in Warzone is almost perfectly mutually exclusive.
[/offtopic]
That is perhaps somewhat true, but it still isn't a excuse for what Rman is doing, and has been doing for a very long time now. :stare:
Rman Virgil wrote: * I don't even wanna have this discussion with you here or any where.
Regards, RV
Ha, YOU brought it up (again!).
Rman, your rhetoric is both tiresome, and farcical.
I see your campaign of FUD still continues on strongly, thanks to your delusions of grandeur.
You can spread as much misinformation as you want, it doesn't change the facts, that you so egregiously ignore, but then turn around and stand on your soap box screaming that you were wronged?
Please. :rolleyes:

This now concludes the OT discussion. :3

:stressed:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

E nuff already. no more. end of statement. :stressed: :scream: :stare:

Buginator wrote:
Chojun wrote: One thing I'd like to add atop RV's comments is that one of the most major problems with the 2 different communities is that our knowledge and experience in Warzone is almost perfectly mutually exclusive.
[/offtopic]
That is perhaps somewhat true, but it still isn't a excuse for what Rman is doing, and has been doing for a very long time now. :stare:
Rman Virgil wrote: * I don't even wanna have this discussion with you here or any where.
Regards, RV
Ha, YOU brought it up (again!).
Rman, your rhetoric is both tiresome, and farcical.
I see your campaign of FUD still continues on strongly, thanks to your delusions of grandeur.
You can spread as much misinformation as you want, it doesn't change the facts, that you so egregiously ignore, but then turn around and stand on your soap box screaming that you were wronged?
Please. :rolleyes:

This now concludes the OT discussion. :3

:stressed: