What your favorite weapon in the multiplayer of the 2.1 BETA

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Black Project
Regular
Regular

What your favorite weapon in the multiplayer of the 2.1 BETA

Post by Black Project »

Many things has been changed in the 2.1 Beta multiplayer, especialy the cannons (e.g: HPV Cannon, Heavy Cannon, Assault Cannon, etc), the mortars (e.g: Bombard, Pepperpot, etc), and the flamers (Plasmite, Inferno, Flamer) and more another weapons of the Warzone.

Many bugs are fixed in this version, when weren't been fixed in the 2.0.x version

I need to say the whole Warzone 2100 MP are improved and all weapons has been balanced.

Before you ask to me, i know it have a similar topic about favorite weapons, but it's different, cause it's been started when the 2.1 BETA wasn't been released.

So let us know what your favorite weapons in the 2.1 BETA multiplayer, not only to me.

Have Fun  8)

Cheers
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Re: What your favorite weapon in the multiplayer of the 2.1 BETA

Post by Chojun »

Personally I like to stick with the Viper Lassat Wheels.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

The betters to my preference:

\\2.1 BETA MP//

All Flamers (Plasmite, Inferno, Flamer)
All Cannons (Light, Medium, Heavy, HPV, Assault and Twin Assault Cannon)
Angel and Archangel Missile
Rail Gun
Gauss Cannon
Pepperpot
Bombard
Hellstorm
Ground Shaker
Incenediary Howitzer
Pulse Laser
Twin Assault Gun
Tank Killer
VTOL Scourge Missile
VTOL HEAP Bomb Bay
VTOL Plasmite and Thermite Bomb Bay
VTOL Pulse Laser
VTOL HPV Cannon

Bigger List, huh?

Cheers

;)
Last edited by Black Project on 12 Apr 2008, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Like I said in the screenshot thread, I love the way the flamers work now (being stream-fire rather than one pathetic shot from time to time) but in terms of practicality I prefer Railguns (Gauss/Rail, Needler is almost useless), Lasers (Pulse Laz/H. Laz - Plasma fires too slow and is way too inaccurate) and Anti-Tank Missiles (Scourge where available).
A4tech
Trained
Trained

Post by A4tech »

1. Crazy about MINI-POD  ;D
2. Flamers
3. VTOL neon bombs  ::)

Nothing ULTRA damageble but nice  :P
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Arcalane wrote: Like I said in the screenshot thread, I love the way the flamers work now (being stream-fire rather than one pathetic shot from time to time) but in terms of practicality I prefer Railguns (Gauss/Rail, Needler is almost useless), Lasers (Pulse Laz/H. Laz - Plasma fires too slow and is way too inaccurate) and Anti-Tank Missiles (Scourge where available).
I don't like very much the Scourge Missile in the 2.1 Beta, i only use it to take out tanks, because it's cause less damage than the Lancer and the Tank Killer, and cause almost no damage in bunkers and hardpoints, but it's take a nice advantage of the Lancer and the TK with it's long range shooting

The Super Scourge Cyborg causes more damage than the Scourge for tanks (338 against 228), but had less range (1536)

Cyborgs had advantage against tanks in visibility, they only get spotted when the enemy tanks gets too close of them (2.1 Beta)

And of course, nobody lives with the flamers, i love them very much, especially the Cyborg Thermite Flamer, fires like a original flamethrower (Automatic Fire than the old Semi-Automatic Fire)

Cheers

:)
Last edited by Black Project on 12 Apr 2008, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

I like Mini-Pod wheels mass producing and flamers bunker-blasting
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Black Project wrote: I don't kike very much the Scourge Missile in the 2.1 Beta, i only use it to take out tanks, because it's cause less damage than the Lancer and the Tank Killer, and cause almost no damage in bunkers and hardpoints, but it's take a nice advantage of the Lancer and the TK with it's long range shooting
I've been using "Thunderbolt Tank Hunter" (I name my units according to purpose - those Mantis flametanks are Incinerator Assault Tanks, etc.) Retaliation Scourge VTOLs to take out enemy commanders and soft targets like power generators or oil silos. 5-10 of these with fully upgraded Scourges can obliterate anything. Are you sure the Lancer/Tank-Killer actually do more damage when fully upgraded compared to a fully-upgraded Scourge?

About the only thing the vehicle-bound scourges have issues with are bunkers - which they usually out-range. The VTOL scourges rip through walls and bunkers like no tomorrow.

I'd use standard bombs more often but they're just not worth it due to the high weight.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Personally I like Cyborg Lancers, they work well vs Tanks. HVC is good ... too good actually. I like how it sounds when it shoots... *whooop*. ;)
Chojun wrote: Personally I like to stick with the Viper Lassat Wheels.
Stopped using those back in 2001 or so. Looked too ugly for my taste. ;)
Black Project wrote: I don't kike very much the Scourge Missile in the 2.1 Beta, i only use it to take out tanks, because it's cause less damage than the Lancer and the Tank Killer, and cause almost no damage in bunkers and hardpoints, but it's take a nice advantage of the Lancer and the TK with it's long range shooting
Lancer, TK, Scourge, mini-pods and all cannons are all atti-tank weapons, they don't work well vs bunkers (use flamers or BB instead). Scourge does not cause less damage than Lancer or TK, in fact it is slightly more powerfull than TK when target is in its long range (16 tiles) and it is as powerfull as Lancer in its short range (5 tiles). But Scourge has almost double the range of TK. So it is a good weapon when used wisely, but it has its achilles's heel: when you attack it from short distance.
Black Project wrote: The Super Scourge Cyborg causes more damage than the Scourge for tanks (338 against 228), but had less range (1536)
I don't have the values from 2.1 and too lazy to look them up, but you have to take reload time into account, Scourge is slightly more powerfull than Super Scourge Cyborg.
?topic=1617.0
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Arcalane wrote: I've been using "Thunderbolt Tank Hunter" (I name my units according to purpose - those Mantis flametanks are Incinerator Assault Tanks, etc.) Retaliation Scourge VTOLs to take out enemy commanders and soft targets like power generators or oil silos. 5-10 of these with fully upgraded Scourges can obliterate anything. Are you sure the Lancer/Tank-Killer actually do more damage when fully upgraded compared to a fully-upgraded Scourge?
The Scourge is diferent in the 2.1 Beta.

Before, when we has de 2.0.x, it was very powerfull.

Now in the 2.1 Beta, it's now powerless

But NO MATCH if you compare a VTOL Scourge Missile with the VTOL Lancer and the VTOL Tank Killer

Check It Out:

Damage and ROF values of the Scourge, Lancer and TK (for tanks - fully upgraded - Version 2.1 BETA)

Lancer
Damage:256
ROF:16

TK
Damage:376
ROF:12

Scourge
Damage:228
ROF:40

Damage and ROF values of the Scourge, Lancer and TK (for VTOLs - fully upgraded - Version 2.1 BETA)

Lancer
Damage:384

TK
Damage:600

Scourge
Damage:1140

Finishing: The Scourge is weaker when used by tanks, but very deadly when used by VTOLs!

P.s: Sorry about the word "kike", it was to be "like".
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Black Project wrote:Lancer
Damage:256

TK
Damage:376

Scourge
Damage:228
Interesting, but actually a higher ROF means it reloads faster, yes? So the Scourge is actually in the long run more powerful than the Lancer or TK because it reloads faster between shots, and will continue to do so. Even though it's individual shots are weaker, it's firing much more of them.

So yes it is weaker on a per-shot basis, but by the time your TK or Lancer has reloaded, my Scourge has probably already fired a second volley, so it's actually already done twice as much damage as it should normally. Not to mention as Troman mentioned it has that double range, the blindspot of which is easier to compensate with when using multi-hardpoint units for example (since you can use a short-range weapon like an HPV to give it a short-range punch) but still.

At this point it really boils down to what the ROF converts into in seconds.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Arcalane wrote: Interesting, but actually a higher ROF means it reloads faster, yes?
Yes, the higher ROF your weapon had (Rate-Of-Fire), more faster the reloading

RPM (Round Per Minute) is the same of the ROF (NOT salvoes!)

Good examples:

Assault Cannon and Twin Assault Cannon (100 and 200)
Mini-Pod (150)
All Flamers (2.1 BETA)
Assault and Twin Assault Gun (375 both)
NEXUS Link Turret (Not that one in the SinglePlayer! 600)
Whirlwind AA Turret (500)
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Black Project wrote: Now in the 2.1 Beta, it's now powerless
Like I already said it is not.
When fully upgraded Scourge does 165 points of damage per second on average against a tracked tank. Lancer does 73, TK does 129. Plus Scourge has a much higher range than TK and Lancer. I hope that clarifies it.  ;)

VTOL weapons is another story, they have original values and the balance is more than likely to be horrible.
?topic=1617.0
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Troman wrote:When fully upgraded Scourge does 165 points of damage per second on average against a tracked tank. Lancer does 73, TK does 129. Plus Scourge has a much higher range than TK and Lancer. I hope that clarifies it.  ;)
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know how ROF translates to seconds, but that pretty much proves my point - Scourges are superior! ;D
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

I think the cannon was too powerfull in the new.
If i compare them to the  campaign, the heavy canon(or hpv) do too much damage to the bunker (already kill 1/8 of the buker per shot)they do less damage in the campaign.Whit the faster speed rate that doing one of the better gun of the game. :(

My favorite gun is the bunkerbuster missile in the campaign(because they kill all defense in 1 shot safe tower)
The best tactit is to mixted up the great tank,the little tank, the adav and the cyborg. And whit this army, doing great stratégie.

(Je suis un français du quebec. yai!!!)