Engine?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: Engine?

Post by Rman Virgil »

Ursa wrote: I was pointing out that there are differences between engines, and I used the Warzone engine and id tech 5 as examples.

I wrote that post at 3:00 in the morning so I apologize about any offense my post may cause.

I had no idea about this new engine... that's damn cool
* NP... I wasn't offended and I appologize if I came off that way.

* My siggy link will give you all the details.

- Regards, RV :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
ArchAngel
Greenhorn

Post by ArchAngel »

use the cnc 3 engine or the command and conquer generals engine, they are easy to use, but it would be a complex mapping process

the unti polygons would also need a different program to create
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

ArchAngel wrote: use the cnc 3 engine or the command and conquer generals engine, they are easy to use, but it would be a complex mapping process

the unti polygons would also need a different program to create
* I have lots of questions about those statements but I'll only ask one.

* How do you propose useing a closed source prorietary engine for a GPLed FOSS game ?

* Or maybe you meant useing Westwoods tools & engine to make a Total Conversion Mod of WZ.... But that really wouldn't work either for more reasons than I wanna spend the time to list.

- RV :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
ArchAngel
Greenhorn

Post by ArchAngel »

Lol, sorry i don't mean to sound like what i'm talking about, i don't do anything but play to a high level, i'm just saying that using those engines would be good. Besides its not westwoods engines its Ea westwood wasnt in either project, especially generals.

As for cnc3 they were on the story board team and casting for videos scripting unit movement..
suicideidiot123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by suicideidiot123 »

honestly, the current engine works fine for now.......

but im planning to bring wz into a different program

ive got flight simulator 2002 and im about to start making a terrain area that will resemble arizona, complete with moving tanks

im also going to make several flight models to go with it, a couple different vtol types and some tanks
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

I think the current engine is fine. It may not have the most fancy graphic effects, but I guess it's A LOT more work to port everything to another engine than to make the current engine look better.
Anyhow, good luck with your flight sim project  ;)