FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Flail13 »

flaME 1.17 (windows) changes:
- The data files have been seperated from the program, so you can choose what data you use, and to reduce the download size.
- The view now rotates around what you're looking at, and the controls have been changed to the arrow keys.
- Selecting and moving multiple units has been made easier. You can click and drag a box around units to select, and press M to move a group.
- The map generator is now part of flaME, under the Misc tab, and supports 2.3.

Let me know if you find any bugs.

I've given up on flaME for Mono for a while, until someone figures out how to get it working.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

In 1.17 I broke the undo ability, hence 1.18.

Also, I'm curious if anyone's seen this map before. I got it from 2.3.7 base.wz/wrf/cam1/cam1c/game.map. The file doesn't go with anything else in the cam1c mission. It looks like an early cam1 main map, connected to a very incomplete sub1-d mission. Here's an fme file if you want to take a look.
cam1c.png
cam1c.png (41.92 KiB) Viewed 16744 times
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Flail13 wrote:In 1.17 I broke the undo ability, hence 1.18.

Also, I'm curious if anyone's seen this map before. I got it from 2.3.7 base.wz/wrf/cam1/cam1c/game.map. The file doesn't go with anything else in the cam1c mission. It looks like an early cam1 main map, connected to a very incomplete sub1-d mission. Here's an fme file if you want to take a look.
cam1c.png
i believe you are correct - i think pumpkin map maker(s) had something in mind and didnt persue it ... it is the first campaign map in its entirety. at first i thought (back when i was extracting the maps ) that it was corrupted somehow... oh well... there ya go.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Great job on flaME so far, Flail. :) And a great find with the map -- I too thought it was one of those corrupt ones and never paid it much mind.

I have feature requests, if you're taking them. :P
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

My guess would be that with such a body of water Hover Tech would have to naturally factor-in the game play design & that would not fit neatly with the mission Tech progression of Alpha to Beta as it came to be; plus, it would have also made Alpha significantly longer. That said, with the water ways and peninsula land mass it makes for a very interesting map & different enough from the original release to suggest the potential for being re-scripted with a whole new set of campaign missions - a Campaign 5, if you will.

- RV :hmm:

lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

cant remember what number(s) it/they was/were but theres several that were similar in design...which again, i thought were corrupted.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Flail, I can't open .fme files by double-clicking them. I can still open from inside the program though. Any idea what's causing that?
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Goth Zagog-Thou, I'll take feature requests. Though, I can't promise to actually do them all.
flaME was trying to load it's files from the wrong directory when double-clicking on a file. It's fixed for next time.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Cool, thanks buddy.

Feature requests:

1) When opening a .wz file with multiple maps, have the program ask you which map to open from the file.

2) The ability to import custom tilesets, slice them up and save them in the proper format and structure, as well as including that tileset with the map as a mod (since we're saving to .wz anyway). Currently the only way I know how to do it is is overwrite one of the original tilesets in the folder(s). I know this has been asked for previously, and I figure since we're a long way off from 3.0 ... but I thought I'd ask anyway.

3) Pretty much everything that WZCK 2.x did, but modernized for today's Warzone 2100. Or at least a converter for WZCK which will convert stuff to .wz and do it according to the current WZ standards. I tried hand-editing a mod and it just plain didn't work, and yes, I know about using WDG Explorer to decompile .wdg files. I know this is a biggie. :P
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:1) When opening a .wz file with multiple maps, have the program ask you which map to open from the file.
It should already do that, if the maps are regular multiplayer maps. Are you wanting it for something else?
Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:2) The ability to import custom tilesets, slice them up and save them in the proper format and structure, as well as including that tileset with the map as a mod (since we're saving to .wz anyway). Currently the only way I know how to do it is is overwrite one of the original tilesets in the folder(s). I know this has been asked for previously, and I figure since we're a long way off from 3.0 ... but I thought I'd ask anyway.
This could be done. I'm just not convinced it would be useful... If 3.0 ever comes those maps would probably be unusable. Do many people bother to install individual maps as mods? AFAIK, map-mods aren't good for 2.3.7.
By "import and slice up" do you mean converting one of the old tilesets, with all the tiles on one image, into seperate images? I think that would be better done with a seperate program, then distribute the tiles in their useable form.
Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:3) Pretty much everything that WZCK 2.x did, but modernized for today's Warzone 2100. Or at least a converter for WZCK which will convert stuff to .wz and do it according to the current WZ standards. I tried hand-editing a mod and it just plain didn't work, and yes, I know about using WDG Explorer to decompile .wdg files. I know this is a biggie. :P
I've never used Warzone Customizer Kit. What did it do?
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I've never used Warzone Customizer Kit. What did it do?
It let the player make new weapons, structures, research items, templates, everything that currently requires you to edit text files. It was a really useful tool.

All I really need is a converter for .wdg -> .wz, and to update those files for current Warzone 2100 standards (because there's a lot of differences now). WZCK still works, but it cranks stuff out in .wdg and we can't use that unless there's a convertor. I tried hand editing one of my old mods a few days ago after using WDG Extract and I got errors galore (game crashing, etc). I gave up after about 5 hours of trying to fix what the log said was wrong.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've just had one little problem with the new unit pasting system. It doesn't rotate walls. I think it should explicitly rotate walls and scavenger gun towers.

I'm still using the last linux/mono version you released (since it works for me). Also, i didn't notice any problems with undo/redo on the version i have. I think this version should be still available for download, even it doesn't work on *some* systems.
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

the new version does not display at me the numbers of textures
Attachments
Flame.jpg
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

sensor, did you set the font from the menu; Options->Display->Font ?

NoQ, there is the option to rotate or not in the paste options, but it doesn't give you the option for just walls. I possibly could add that in, since structures already identify themselves as being wall or not.
Is it the Mono 2.10.1 version you're using? I compiled one in Microsoft .NET.
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

I thank Flail then it helped
it's ok
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM