Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by lav_coyote25 »

thesaurus. is a good thing.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Delphino :)

Well maybe it was war in the past, but now on so many NTWs it is wars ;)

lav_coyote25 :)

;)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

My newest map is called Faces, becuse if you will look carefully you will see four faces :) and they seem not to be very happy ;)

The map is 180 x 180, for four players, 18 oils per player, 9 in base, but spread, and another 9 around the map. Advanced bases included.

Each island is surrounded by cliffs what helps to protect them, hover technology can be a good advantage.

The map is so designed that most of the land is below sea level to make it look interesting.

Have fun :)
wz2100-20120114_195202-main.png
Attachments
4c-Mero_Faces.wz
Can you see four faces? :) :) :) :)
(42.95 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Your right about the not very happy looking part :)
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

noname1208 :)

I am happy that it is not only me who see them then ;)

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Ah, I see the faces now. They look like they are in agony, like the sad face on theatre masks.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

hello aubergine :)

Please do not scare the players those faces are supossed to be angry :)

But the truth is anyone will see anything :) and it still will be a caricature :lecture:

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I'm currently playing the map with NoQ's "nullbot" and am getting pwned by it. I feel like such a noob being pwned by an AI (which is OK, because I really am a noob lol).
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well what I suggest you is to believe in yourself more and not to undervalue yourself.

What you need is to practice and that is all, no crying out is necessary :)

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I did beat it on the second attempt heh. Although I had to slow the game speed down quite a bit (having a wireless mouse with flat batteries didn't help either).
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Yea I dont think flat batteries in a wireless mouse would help much :3
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Merowingg wrote: Each island is surrounded by cliffs what helps to protect them, hover technology can be a good advantage.
Here is a bit of information for you : A mg tower is about 2.5 time more efficient than a mg viper. That ratio then slowly decay during the game, but you should keep it in mind. You also need to take into account the quantity of oil he can defend that way. A player should have his good share of the map oil while turtling on 2.5 choke points. Here your base have 6 opening for 1/2 the power . Useless to defend...
Last edited by Iluvalar on 19 Jan 2012, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

noname1208 wrote:Yea I dont think flat batteries in a wireless mouse would help much :3

yeah!! you def need the regular round type. :laughingneq: :laugh2: :rofl2:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hey Gentlemen don't make laugh/help section from my mapmaking thread ;)

There is serious mapmaking in here :lecture: ;)

Greetings to you all :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I am happy to present the Arena map :)

As the map indicates it is a sort of arena on which quite interesting or at least different battles can be performed :)

The map is 200x200, it is for eight players, eight oils in base, and another twelf around the map per player. Advanced bases are included.

The map is very good for FAA, as well as 2v2v2v2 or 3v3 and finally 4v4

Its particular pattern allows to make 2v6 battles too, so called beginners versus professional. As those two in one section can theoretically easily close their area.

The interesting feature of this map is that all the players have their opponents behind them, what is more islands on water behind the bases are added to avoid concentrating of buildings or heavy units there, but the islands if used wisely :lecture: can be really useful.

The point is oils are not only in the centre but also at the corners of the map and its middle which is supposed to make your heads go around all the time ;) If thought through loosing one part of the map does not have to mean losing the game, and some areas are advisable to be fortified.

Have fun gentlemen :)
wz2100-20120121_134208-Mero_Arena-T1.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Arena.wz
My first Arena map :)
(66.07 KiB) Downloaded 490 times

Regards - Mero