FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Merowingg »

Welcome back, Mr. Anderson. We .. missed .. you.
I entirely agree as not because of no reason I call myself Merovingian.

Great quotation Goth Zagog-Thou :)

Flail13 we are happy to see you :)

Just say hello from time to time and we will sleep well :lecture:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

I've compiled FlaME 1.26 on my highly-modified Xubuntu 12.04 using MonoDevelop. I had to make some small value changes in the following (this is loading 'Flame MonoDevelop.sln' ) :

Code: Select all

ctrlMapView.vb:32
        OpenGLControl = New OpenTK.GLControl(New GraphicsMode(New ColorFormat(24), 24, 0))
and

Code: Select all

ctrlTextureView.vb:37
        OpenGLControl = New OpenTK.GLControl(New GraphicsMode(New ColorFormat(24), 0, 0))
Works great here. Hope I can get 1.27 working as well. :D
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

After over 1 hour looking for "EditWorld", I finally decided to try out "FlaME 1.27". Did not get it to work on PC, but on my mac (OS X 10.6.8 ) at least I got it to work so much that I could make a starting map.

Really great work with the editor !!!!

But :

The problem I have is that the texture map lies on the left ALL THE TIME, so I can only see some of the option at the top of every "tab"/"section".
I can't click on any buttons that are under the texture picture.

Also tried, just as a test, version 1.25. The same problem there.

Thx for a great work.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Mr T: probably a screenshot would be easier to understand.
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

Mr T wrote: The problem I have is that the texture map lies on the left ALL THE TIME, so I can only see some of the option at the top of every "tab"/"section".
I can't click on any buttons that are under the texture picture.
As u can see in the picture, I can under the texture picture see some "drop down" menus, but I cant klick on them.
Attachments
ssp_capture.png
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I have a question, what are those errors about?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/screenriy.png/
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
andrewm
New user

Post by andrewm »

This might seem a bit redundant by now, but is there a version that runs under linux or xp via virtualbox? I'd really like to try my hand at creating some maps, as I've made a few for Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Ops and had some fun, but nothing noteworthy. If not, who would I contact about helping make this happen? I can write some C/C++, Java, and Visual Basic if any of that would help.
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

Hello

i'm confused :help:

how can i fix the problem with water tiles - or what is here wrong - what is to do to eliminate this warning

(warning) water tiles have an incorrect triangle direction
screenshot water tiles have incorrect triangle direction
screenshot water tiles have incorrect triangle direction
step by step please - i feel like an idiot - wasting hours and always the same problem :augh:
i'm looking for a button like "set water-tile-triangles correct"

now i have changed my heightmap and it runs ... but i can't understand where the problem is tucked away

thanks
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
Dororo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dororo »

:lol2: Actually the button you are looking for is in the tab "misc" and called "water triangle correction".
I hope that is what your lookin for.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello duda :)

Go to misc tab, then click on "Water Triangle Correction" It will solve the problem. I want to add that "Set All Triangles" is also very important, as it sets all corners of cliffs you have made.

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I want to add that "Set All Triangles" is also very important, as it sets all corners of cliffs you have made.
The cliff brush sets triangles automatically. The only reason to not use the cliff brush is when you make weird maps for 3.1, but 3.1 disrespects triangles anyway. Well, in fact, there are also a few cases when you want to set triangles manually (the backslash key), but in this case this button will break them. Thus, this button is only good for those who didn't know how to use the cliff brush when they made their map.

The water triangle correction is useful though (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

oh :oops:

I do use cliff brush but remembering from the past, I have been using it always before compiling :oops:

I am learning step by step :lecture: not to press what is unnecessary :oops:

Regards - Mero
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

oh thanks

yesterday i idetify the troubles with the cliff brush
it's when the cliff brush touch to water tiles in the flat
or touched the flat and when you make water tiles you get the invalid tiles...

but now i know the button
thanks a lot

but i love flame - its my new favourite toy :wink:
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

You get invalid tiles iff they're actually invalid (eg., the thing you painted cannot exist in 2.3 terrain for no tile has been created to handle this). You can uncheck "create invalid tiles" and try to sort things out manually, but in most cases you won't be able to make anything new ... the brushes are fairly clever.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Links to 1.28 are in the first post.

I made the program into a console application, so I can control how it starts up better and be more compatible with Mono. For Windows users this means a console window appears.

There are 4 new entries in the settings.ini to change bits per pixel or the depth bits, for the problem Goth reported.

Mr T, how does it look in 1.28? I added in another step to hide the textures when not on that tab.

andrewm, I haven't used Virtualbox and have no idea what's needed to make a program compatible with it. The code is VB and can be accessed at github.com/flail/flaME.

Merowingg, the errors that appeared for you should be fixed.
Last edited by Flail13 on 08 May 2012, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.