FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

It seems Flail is MIA. Shame.

Here's the link to his Github, where FlaME is hosted. here.

I also have the datasets for 2.3.8+ and 3.1_b4, but I'd have to clean them up as they have cam4 data added.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:It seems Flail is MIA. Shame.

Here's the link to his Github, where FlaME is hosted. here.

I also have the datasets for 2.3.8+ and 3.1_b4, but I'd have to clean them up as they have cam4 data added.

Thanks Goth. :) At least as a last resort I guess I have the option of compiling FlaME myself from the source code. (Which I can download no prob, btw. Its just not my favorite pastime when there's a program installer commonly available.)

I was able to get the tileset.zip and objectdata 2.3.7 mp 2.zip from the MediaFire links still posted in this thread - no prob.

So all I need to dl is the FlaMEv1_25win_installer.zip and 3.1_b4-objects.zip to get away from the much older version of FlaME I've been using.

I just wish I understood why I can't dl a single file from the https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FLAME/FlaME web site to my Android Tab. This is the only site I've ever had an issue with. It's just plain weird. I don't get it & it's kinda vexing. :(

As for Flail ~ he could just be taking a well deserved break or vacation. Might be on a beach in the Mediterranean watching the lovely sights (in contrast to gazing blurry-eyed at web sites), a nicely chilled cocktail in hand. :hmm: No reason to think anything untoward has happened at this point.

~Regards, RV. :cool:

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

It seems Flail is MIA. Shame.
Missed in action, or missed in arms, of a woman? ;)

Anyway it is strange, I am almost certain he was here alway in more or less long periods of time, but this has not happen recently..

Or maybe he is working on FlaMe 3.0 which will amaze us even more than all his so far upgrades :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Agreed on all counts. He's probably taking a break, sipping a mixed drink on a beach somewhere. ;) A well-deserved break at that.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Oh, and I have the 1.27 FlaME that I had downloaded, if need be. I think my own personal compiled one for Linux is 1.24 or something, as I couldn't get anything of a higher version to compile in MonoDevelop without errors.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Oh, and I have the 1.27 FlaME that I had downloaded, if need be. I think my own personal compiled one for Linux is 1.24 or something, as I couldn't get anything of a higher version to compile in MonoDevelop without errors.
If the v. 1.27 you have is the Windows install. zip then I would appreciate if you could send it as an attachment to my gmail acct. with the v. 3.x objects data. zip... I'll PM my gmail addy. Trying to avoid compiling, plain to see. Plus I only dl to my Android and only after I thoroughly inspect & clear the dls do I USB transfer to my main powerhouse win workstation - which I've never connected to the web (& don't want to if I can help it).

BTW.... over the years Flail has been gone for extended periods, as I recall. This time does not seem unprecedented to me.

Thanks again, Goth. :) My WZ activity these days is mainly focused on Machinima and the necessary mapping to support it. Maybe adding to my WZ fiction when inspired. ;)

~ Regards, RV. :cool:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Sure thing Rman. Will do that immediately.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Sure thing Rman. Will do that immediately.

Got it. Sweet. Much, much appreciated. :) Owe you.. :3

Still would like to figure out what's up with that site. But at least now I can go forward using the latest FlaME and that makes me pleased as punch. :D

- Regards, RV. :cool:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Anytime. It's got a ton of new features compared to even the 1.25 I've used on 'nix.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Rman - regarding the site where the normal files are hosted, it's just a normal download via Apache Tomcat server (Apache stuff is de facto standard for Internet). As it's working on everything else I guess the client you are using to download is the variable factor that's causing problems, and not the site. Are images loading on the site? (they are pulled via the same method)

If there's a specific file that's causing problems, let me know URL via a PM and I will go take a look.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

aubergine wrote:@Rman - regarding the site where the normal files are hosted, it's just a normal download via Apache Tomcat server (Apache stuff is de facto standard for Internet). As it's working on everything else I guess the client you are using to download is the variable factor that's causing problems, and not the site. Are images loading on the site? (they are pulled via the same method)

If there's a specific file that's causing problems, let me know URL via a PM and I will go take a look.
The site is showing up normal. I even registered without a problem. I used two different Android browsers and the results were the same. It would initiate a dl and then stop. This happened for all the dl links. I looked at the dl links and they are more complex & layered than any dl links I have yet encountered. I've downloaded hundreds of files in the same ecology from all over the net and every file type imaginable without so much as a hiccup - gigabytes and gigabytes worth since last year. What all have in common is that the dl goes directly and simply to the file - it is the only difference that I can see.

I'm still running Gingerbread. Maybe when I update to Icecream Sandwich there may be some resolution.

Since no one else has had any probs and I'm all caught up thanks to Goth maybe we should just table this till I get to the ICS Android ecology update and see what happens. I might try a couple more different browsers just outta curiosity in the interim and if 4 of the top Android browsers yield the same.... well then. :hmm: Btw, my main browser is Dolphin and I'm very pleased with it all around.

In any case, thanks for the follow up. :)

~ Regards, RV.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Rman here's an alternate listing of the files that might behave differently: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/page ... aLink=true
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

aubergine wrote:@Rman here's an alternate listing of the files that might behave differently: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/page ... aLink=true
Tried. Same behavior. Here are both dl urls for the same file.

https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/down ... 1553315415

https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/down ... taller.zip

Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I just abandoned my post for a while. Nothing to worry about.

I added some MediaFire links to the first post, if you still need them.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Welcome back, Mr. Anderson. We .. missed .. you.

Seriously. We figured you were taking a well-deserved break from the grind. Sipping a tropical drink on some warm, sandy beach somewhere, with eye candy on your three-o'clock soaking the sun up. :D