Enable vehicle transport on multiplay/skirmish

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Enable vehicle transport on multiplay/skirmish

Post by KukY »

Yes,it should be flatter,and those systems would look better like a tower(s) next to the landing zone itself.
Something like mix of that simple LZ from campaign,LZ sign,and tower with those systems.

Maybe you should put malll under LZ,so trucks don't have to build another building when war is finished,and so cyborgs don't have to walk too much. ;)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:Yes,it should be flatter,and those systems would look better like a tower(s) next to the landing zone itself.
Something like mix of that simple LZ from campaign,LZ sign,and tower with those systems.
Well, as I said, I think that putting a tower on a landing zone is senseless because the transports much reach a flat platform so that the vehicles can to down through the ramp. But if somebody can come up with a good point, agreeing that I should put a tower on it, then I will.
SCAVANGER
Trained
Trained

Post by SCAVANGER »

the idea of the transport in skirmish i think is a good idea but if some say that is huge i have an idea they can be produced in the vtol factory but instead of getting out in the front of the factory why they get out from up the factory like a door to special create an unique an transport unit thats my idea not to create a bunch of transport units for every player to have 1 transpor unit like a special unit

sorry if you dont understand me because my official language is not englisg is spanish because i can't get wz 2100 spanish site :(
lo siento yo no hablo ingles disculpen mis errores

wz2100 lo juego desde que tengo 9 años XD (en la playstation 1)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I believe that making a specific unit control limit for the vehicle transport is achievable, is that true? Because there's a separate limit for trucks already.
Anyway, even though we'd only be able to have one transport at a time this way, we would still need to limit the landing zones. Even in campaign, if you were able to select where you want your units to be dropped, it'd be unbalanced.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

SCAVANGER wrote:sorry if you dont understand me because my official language is not englisg is spanish because i can't get wz 2100 spanish site :(
That your English is poor isn't a problem.

The problem is that you didn't read the rest of the thread, which already mentions your idea, the problems with your idea, and how to fix those problems.
SCAVANGER
Trained
Trained

Post by SCAVANGER »

Zarel wrote:
SCAVANGER wrote:sorry if you dont understand me because my official language is not englisg is spanish because i can't get wz 2100 spanish site :(
That your English is poor isn't a problem.

The problem is that you didn't read the rest of the thread, which already mentions your idea, the problems with your idea, and how to fix those problems.
uhh i know is hard to make a game but the transport unit will be great or i think to add another structure to make the transport unit like a transport unit factory but i just to make 0ne unit and the landing zones why they just can landing on flat areas but still out of the enemy range or stablish some landing zones on the maps that can be captured by constructing around the landing zone(like on a alpha mission that you need to construct some structures i the old new paradigm base) thats an idea that i have about talking about the transport why in some campaign mission the transport get another course and dont land but i can get out the units??? O_o
lo siento yo no hablo ingles disculpen mis errores

wz2100 lo juego desde que tengo 9 años XD (en la playstation 1)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

SCAVANGER wrote: uhh i know is hard to make a game but the transport unit will be great or i think to add another structure to make the transport unit like a transport unit factory but i just to make 0ne unit and the landing zones why they just can landing on flat areas but still out of the enemy range or stablish some landing zones on the maps that can be captured by constructing around the landing zone(like on a alpha mission that you need to construct some structures i the old new paradigm base) thats an idea that i have about talking about the transport why in some campaign mission the transport get another course and dont land but i can get out the units??? O_o
I really think that even the google translator would be easier to understand than that.
In fact, the lack of puncuation on your text makes it really difficult to know which idea you actually support.

Realmente creo que el traductor de Google sería más fácil de entender que eso.
la falta de puncuation en su texto hace que sea muy difícil saber cuáles son sus ideas.

Esfuérzate, leía mucho, y hace lo que sea necesario para mejorar su expresión, o la gente no le dará ningún esfuerzo para entenderle.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

SCAVANGER wrote:uhh i know is hard to make a game but the transport unit will be great or i think to add another structure to make the transport unit like a transport unit factory but i just to make 0ne unit and the landing zones why they just can landing on flat areas but still out of the enemy range or stablish some landing zones on the maps that can be captured by constructing around the landing zone(like on a alpha mission that you need to construct some structures i the old new paradigm base) thats an idea that i have about talking about the transport why in some campaign mission the transport get another course and dont land but i can get out the units??? O_o
No, no, ése no es la problema.

Lo que tú sugieres es lo que otras personas han sugeridos antes de tí. Por favor, no sugieras nada antes de leer todo la tema de foro.

(Tr: "No, no, that's not the problem. What you're suggesting has already been suggested before you. Please read the thread before suggesting anything." - My grammar might be bad; I haven't taken Spanish for years.)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

It wouldn't be a bad idea to make unit type for transports that can load non-cyborg units.
It wouldn't make any problems and it could be useful to some modders.
It's a good start.
GPolice
Trained
Trained

Post by GPolice »

Ok the Transport can Research when you have Researched the Cybog Transport and Tank Upgrades to Colectives Bodys.
You can load in Cybog Transport: Cybogs
You can load in Campaign Transport: Vehicles, VTOLs AND Cybogs.

How about and Mod with these^^^^^ and the First LZ Building.
When you click on the Command Menue and Click " Return to Base " the Transporter will fly to YOUR LZ
When you click on a Allies LZ you Transport fly to your Friend... thats it.
When you click on a Normal Area without Enemys your Transport will fly there.
When you Click a Area where are a Outpost or a Derrick or more than 10 Enemy Tanks you Transport give a Message: "LZ not Safe" from the Campaign ;)
And when you build a Transport you need 2 VTOL Factorys in the near there are only 2 fields away.

And when you land near at a Enemy Base you T'ransport drop a Beacon for your Enemy and his allies and said: "Enemy LZ" when you click on it and when they land: "Enemy Transport landing!!! "

Thats my Idea i hope you make a Mod to test it ;) :P
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

After Reading all posts I still don't understand why common vehicle transport would be unbalance.
Just make it more expensive remove all weapons from transport and thats all. Cyborgs would become useless ? I think no. What are cyborgs ? Its a cheap anti-tank weapon that could be defeated only by MGs (especially by Assault guns) in my opinion.However I could be wrong. Whatever is I vote for common vehicle transport.

LZ idea: // TR = tranport;

We are talking here only about MP. Well in general I like the idea(that TR could only land on LZ, truks could build it)
But in this case TR should fly very fast.
Example: my ally base are under attack and I sent backup to his base, while army of 80 units crushing all on their way, so my 10 units wouldn't help much.As for "LZ isn't safe" - I like this too...(btw I've got me on mind that as we makeing MP more like close to Campaign - It makes MP more and more Interesting) but this all limitations ...I don't know I just dont like it.

This TR and LZ theme would works well in case Warzone will evolute from RTS to > MMORTS, where TR would be like a bridge between maps (like in campaign out map flying missions - This feature make me to love warzone I think =) )

Basically you want make LZs as destination point for TR (if can't land on genera terrain). I can offer another option: replace LZ and TR by simple Teleport Gates its would be the same as LZ points, if dont like teleports, so may be "underground tunnels", just build Entrance on your base and exit wherever you like but just transfer units instantly.

term :ninja:
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
GPolice
Trained
Trained

Post by GPolice »

But for me is Transport the Best ;)

It opening more Tactics and more:
This was my Idea
GPolice wrote:Ok the Transport can Research when you have Researched the Cybog Transport and Tank Upgrades to Colectives Bodys.
You can load in Cybog Transport: Cybogs
You can load in Campaign Transport: Vehicles, VTOLs AND Cybogs.

How about and Mod with these^^^^^ and the First LZ Building.
When you click on the Command Menue and Click " Return to Base " the Transporter will fly to YOUR LZ
When you click on a Allies LZ you Transport fly to your Friend... thats it.
When you click on a Normal Area without Enemys your Transport will fly there.
When you Click a Area where are a Outpost or a Derrick or more than 10 Enemy Tanks you Transport give a Message: "LZ not Safe" from the Campaign ;)
And when you build a Transport you need 2 VTOL Factorys in the near there are only 2 fields away.

And when you land near at a Enemy Base you T'ransport drop a Beacon for your Enemy and his allies and said: "Enemy LZ" when you click on it and when they land: "Enemy Transport landing!!! "

Thats my Idea i hope you make a Mod to test it ;) :P
But when you can`t make THAT in a Mod im have one Question.
Can you only replace in a Mod the Cybog Transport into the Campaign Transport that can load VTOLs,Cybogs AND Vehicles????
Its first for a Freind and Second for a Video.
Pls i need only the litte Mod with that ;).
Black NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by Black NEXUS »

The transporter from the single player mode in multiplayer mode would be really handy.
I have even installed it in my MOD, but still only has the capabilities of the cyborg-transporter.
In version 1.10 I also had a MOD, where you could really use it.
I can not imagine that you have to deal as much as in the source code so that it works. It must indeed be able to transport nich more units, but it must at least armor store. Of these, apart that the ID of the template in SP and MP are the same, but have different functions.
Join NeoX-Virt - The Software-Forge on neox-virt.de
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yeah, the current cyborg transport functionality is hardcoded. I'm looking into changing that, but for now...
Black NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by Black NEXUS »

Zarel wrote:Yeah, the current cyborg transport functionality is hardcoded. I'm looking into changing that, but for now...
Must be so is not immediately available for the next beta, which are important the limitations ;)
Join NeoX-Virt - The Software-Forge on neox-virt.de