Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 2 released

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 2 released

Post by Troman »

Lartza wrote: Some problems I ran into. Is it just because it was the first game with Aivolution? Bots just keep creating army and they wont get out of the base (Only when executing help me).
Yes, it's possible that Aivolution simply hasn't found location of any enemy base yet and doesn't know where to send units to. You can do several things: reveal part of enemy base with your units, AI will learn and remember enemy base location for future games. Or you can drop a beacon at the enemy base and type "go" to make AIs send their units to that beacon.
Lartza wrote: I can't drop a beacon(Not sure if I done it correctly, but it disappears.)
The beacon does disappear after some time. Just dropping a beacon doesn't go anything, you must use it with some command, like "go".

Lartza wrote: When I say "go orange" it says Orange-Aiv is dead. But orange is still in the game and the Aivolution tells me "go Orange-Aiv" followed with "go?".
This can be a bug. So far I couldn't recreate it. This can also happen when Orange's base was wiped out and Aivolution doesn't see more structures on the map.

Lartza wrote: I also have a question: What are the team colors in Warzone 2100 that Aivolution knows?
You mean player colors? If so, it is aware of all colors. For human players you can also use the nick instead of the color, like "attack MyBuddyNick".

As a sidenote, I found out that "go " command wouldn't make Aivolution AIs send units to the proper player, will be fixed in the next release, those who are familiar with SVN can get updated version from the trunk.
?topic=1617.0
Lartza
Greenhorn

Post by Lartza »

But the beacon disappears immediatly after dropping(if I do it right) I press Ctrl+H and then on the ground and green dot appears, but when I release Ctrl it disappears. Orange's base wasn't wiped out because the AI's had so massive armys that they could only destroy me and battle each other. I had revealed the base and the AI had too. It did move trucks and send some units to the enemy on the very beginning. And I mean't what are the all colors called, because I didn't even know what was cyan. So is there any other non basic color 'cause I'm not english?
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

You must press Alt+H to drop a beacon, at least with the default key mapping.

Regarding AI refusing to attack its enemy, I will take a closer look at it.

As far as colors are concerned, it depends on the laguage you use for warzone. Best solution is to press the "Enter" key on the numeric keypad; the one in the lower right corner of the keyboard, it will bring up a menu with all players and their colors and names listed. In the english version there are following color names: green, orange, grey, black, red, blue, pink, cyan.
?topic=1617.0
Lartza
Greenhorn

Post by Lartza »

Then this: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/w ... mmands.txt needs to be fixed. It has line saying: "go!" - make AI go to a location you previously marked with a beacon (ctrl+h)
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

It has such a faulty line indeed.
?topic=1617.0
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

Thanks for keeping this game "live and fresh" goes to the devs.

Only problem I've came accross is when loading a skirmish saved game the black fog of war is always on. So the reveal all terrain option doesn't seem to be saved.
ArchAngel
Greenhorn

Post by ArchAngel »

My first post here, loved this game years ago, anyway great job so far.

What i've noticed is that when the game is quite far into a skirmish.

Units sometimes don't do the intended job/task. And also sometimes a certain area will continue to keep emitting sound to you when you are quite far away.

To fix this i found pressing esc and then resuming it sorts itself out. I'm pretty sure its to do with the refresh rate of the game.

And how units calculate how to get to a - b and create structures.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ArchAngel wrote: My first post here, loved this game years ago, anyway great job so far.

What i've noticed is that when the game is quite far into a skirmish.

Units sometimes don't do the intended job/task. And also sometimes a certain area will continue to keep emitting sound to you when you are quite far away.

To fix this i found pressing esc and then resuming it sorts itself out. I'm pretty sure its to do with the refresh rate of the game.

And how units calculate how to get to a - b and create structures.
Yeah, the sound manager doesn't do a good job at managing sounds.  That will get fixed one of these days.

For the path finding issues, that is well known, but no fixes for it just yet.
and it ends here.
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

I played the map 'concrete' yesterday, I allied myself with 3 cpu players against 4 others. Didn't set their intelligence too high, a little over halfway I think. It was a rather short game, but pretty intense. Except for the poor navigation of my own units, I experienced no bugs. Locked team mode is one of the best things that were added to warzone imo. My allies were swarming the enemy bases with lancer-vtols, while I was taking on a huge army of cyborgs with my heavy-cannon tanks. After we started to attack, the enemies were gone in no time.
I think I'll play with exactly the same settings next time, but with slightly harder enemies. Keep up the good work with warzone, this is one of the few games I played multiple times a year, since the beginning!
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

Buginator wrote: What hardware you got?  The only time it is that slow is when it isn't hardware accelerated, and this usually happens only on hardware that has crappy openGL support, so things like intel or S3 or Via gfx chipsets, or you have old video drivers installed...
Just a FYI, but Pumpkin did have limits in place so this would not happen, and there is a patch, but it is not in the current beta.

i have a ATI radeon 9100 IGP:
chiptype: rs300 AGP
memory: 64 MB(i know what that means-_-")

but i can play CnC3 on this PC(on th LOWEST of the lowest configuration...but still)....
ArchAngel
Greenhorn

Post by ArchAngel »

if you can play cnc 3 then you should be laughing on this game, im using 4 gig or ram, 3.2 core duo and a gt 8800

(i play more fps now) xD

Thanks for replying to the bug report thingy.

I did notice whilst looking in other sections that path finding was the correct term and that you are aware of it. It does annoy the hell out of me. Normally i play against 7 enemies 2 sets of 2 allies and 1 set of 3 and then i set the intelligence to about 60-70% hopefully i can rush one of them to get resources abit faster and then concentrate on researching - research and power - defence and specified weapons
Meinemutter
New user

Post by Meinemutter »

Giel wrote: You might be hit by bug #11277 though
Turns out to be so!  ::) so that's not a problem any more. Thanks for your kind encouragement for spotting bugs  ;D
Another thing I've noticed: Yet again in low speeds (0,3 and below) oil derricks dissapear, when moving the screen. Increase the speed, and they pop out again.
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

ArchAngel wrote: if you can play cnc 3 then you should be laughing on this game, im using 4 gig or ram, 3.2 core duo and a gt 8800

(i play more fps now) xD

Thanks for replying to the bug report thingy.

I did notice whilst looking in other sections that path finding was the correct term and that you are aware of it. It does annoy the hell out of me. Normally i play against 7 enemies 2 sets of 2 allies and 1 set of 3 and then i set the intelligence to about 60-70% hopefully i can rush one of them to get resources abit faster and then concentrate on researching - research and power - defence and specified weapons
that's why it is so strange....CnC3 is running faster than WZ2100:S......
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

HCN-Trooper wrote: that's why it is so strange....CnC3 is running faster than WZ2100:S......
I don't think you can compare the two at all.

CnC3 is using directX, wz uses openGL.

That is why I say it is a driver issue, since if your openGL drivers were as good as your directX drivers, then you wouldn't have issues. :)

Also the lower end of the gfx cards, need to use the minimum texture sizes, It is saved in the config file, just change it to 64.
textureSize=64

See if that helps.
and it ends here.
Lartza
Greenhorn

Post by Lartza »

So, problems I have run so far: On windows the GFX on menus (team number and flags) are messed up and not looking what they should be. On linux I didn't have this problem, but windows has version before update 1&2(UTF-8 etc. non-english fixes). On windows the Aivolution refuses to attack other bots (Says they are dead, I haven't played with aivolution on linux yet, but when I do I report what happened). YEsterday I played with my friend and suddenly in the middle of the game my friends screen starts to spin and the fireworks start to fly. He also lost two oil resources from his base. This happened two times in map rollinghills and didn't happend third time or in map rush2.  beacon works now if you just press the right keys :D I'm also interested in creating(or trying to create) a finnish translation if you just advice me how.