[Campaign 4] Release & Development topic

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: [Campaign 4] Release & Development topic

Post by Rman Virgil »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Planned for v21.

Tonight I'm pursuing another potentially more useful endeavor -- the port to 3.2 (Master). Buildbot is fixed up (thanks Vexxed!) so I felt the need to abuse the fresh build. :lol2: I'm neck-deep into .ini files getting Contingency (v0.79) + USM + MiniScavs ported over. It's worth it just for the advances in the JS API and the other goodies that have been added recently.

I foresee that work taking all weekend, possibly longer (tuesday). Will update status as I'm able.
This didn't totally register till I started being concerned about v. 3.2 compatibility with what I was doing using these assets against v. 3.1. I was having second thoughts till I vaguely remembered your post about this. Useful endeavor indeed. :D No more second thoughts. :3 Thanks Goth. :good:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Been a little while, but here's a status update.

I've been working the past several weeks on a nice, organized, compartmentalized and completely human-readable JS-API framework for the cam. This should make it much easier and faster to debug anything that goes awry later on.

The porting process to 3.2 is still ongoing ... which is to say I haven't done it yet. I got started a couple of times only to throw my hands in the air and cry to the gods for mercy. I'll get around to it eventually. My main task is to simply get the cam itself ported to 3.2 first, then worry about the Contingency/USM bits later. That will likely make the progress slower, but it'll be a LOT less headache.

We're on Release-21, for those keeping track. When I make the release, it WILL be on Warzone 3.2. The next step is to fully port the .vlo/.slo over to .js, obeying the new framework.

It'll be ready when it's ready. ;)
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Listening to your music (very good) i still standing here and waiting for some new informations, Goth Zagog-Thou.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Howdy folks, it's been a while. A lot has happened in past six months, and I'll spare everyone the long, protracted story. Instead, I'll get to the meat and bones of what is happening with Cam 4.

As we know, development has been long in the tooth and not really proceeding as quickly as we all had hoped. That's my fault. I got "stuck", to make a long explanation short. I ran out of ideas, patience, and motivation. I'm sure we've all been there. Simple case of burnout.

Sometimes the best and most productive thing is to simply do nothing. Let things "simmer" for a while, like a good stew. That's the case here, I'm happy to say.

The plan going forward is going to be as follows:

- Mission A (Stages 1 and 2) will occur as it has already been designed, with the addition of some tightening up to make things less clunky where "clunky" exists.

- Mission B (Where the Rescue Team comes into the picture) will not simply be handed the "keys to the kingdom". NEXUS and his Enslaved Factions are entrenched, dug in, and ready for the player. You'll need to fight your way there! These stages will be concerned with the journey to Mission A's zone. You won't be going at it alone, as The Coalition (and others) have a bone or three to pick with NEXUS as well.

- Mission C will take place on Mission A's map -- and we're somewhat familiar with that area already.

- Mission D will be the "Final Battle", and what a battle it promises to be.

I'm getting to work, so Release-22 will be along when it's ready for testing. :)
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Nice news, Goth Zagog-Thou :)
Katharina's motto in Pilates is "If a practice does not seem to work immediately, be patient with yourself and take your time.

Regards
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Shozz22
Trained
Trained

Post by Shozz22 »

Im italian and i dont understand this discussion very well. This file is campaign 4? If it is where should i copy it??
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

It's for testing purposes currently and I don't recommend anyone try to use it if you don't know how to use mods for Warzone 2100.

Even as such, in its' current state it's quite unfinished. I want to continue working on it but progress has been extremely slow due to health and real-life concerns. I'll have a new build finished when it's ready.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Hiya folks, checking in. It's been a while, I know. Happy Labor Day to all in the States. :)

I'm ready to discuss the health issues that I've kept to myself. I've been battling colon cancer for the past year and two months. Two surgeries and several rounds of chemotherapy, radiation, and other medications along with numerous changes in lifestyle and other resulting medical conditions have made it an extremely long year indeed. There were a few times that I nearly broke silence and handed the project off to the community because it was looking like I wouldn't survive the whole ordeal. I'm not completely out of the woods just yet, but things look promising and I'm feeling well enough to continue working on the Campaign. In my view, too much progress has been made on Warzone 2100 as a whole to NOT complete it. All of the work done to the graphics engine, the JS API, the internals, etc ... the list goes on.

Yes, the game is 15 years old. That's the whole allure, in my view. It was a superior game then, and it's a superior game now. In fact, it's BETTER than most. That's why it is worth continuing to develop for. :)

Anywho. Expect a point release soon, fixing some bugs in Release-21. That will make the next one Release-22.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Wow Goth Zagog-Thou, very sorry to hear of your health issues, and I hope for the best for you and your family.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote: I'm ready to discuss the health issues that I've kept to myself. I've been battling colon cancer for the past year and two months. Two surgeries and several rounds of chemotherapy, radiation, and other medications along with numerous changes in lifestyle and other resulting medical conditions have made it an extremely long year indeed. There were a few times that I nearly broke silence and handed the project off to the community because it was looking like I wouldn't survive the whole ordeal. I'm not completely out of the woods just yet, but things look promising and I'm feeling well enough to continue working on the Campaign. In my view, too much progress has been made on Warzone 2100 as a whole to NOT complete it. All of the work done to the graphics engine, the JS API, the internals, etc ... the list goes on.
Cancer without a shed of doubt is really one evil-SOB.

Best of luck on your battle against this vile disease.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Can empathize. While officially out of the woods for some time now, I consider the "woods" an ever present uncertainty and the norm. But I do take pro-active measures and have found the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza of real value in practice.

* EDIT: Link to Dr. Joe Dispenza's work ...and a wee apt culling in retrospect.
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 03 Sep 2014, 10:52, edited 3 times in total.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. The "woods" seem to be the new normal for me as well, now. Long as there's a path to walk in, right? At least there's wildflowers and critters to look at! :D

I did some more playthrough and reading of logs, and it appears that most of the assertions that appear are the result of the game attempting to assign a color to a non-existent team. Strange error indeed and it's one that I've likely complained about before.

I still need to port the codebase over to the 3.2 branch of Warzone, if that's still a viable branch. I'll do some checking. As of right now, things are still on 3.1.1.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I did some more playthrough and reading of logs, and it appears that most of the assertions that appear are the result of the game attempting to assign a color to a non-existent team. Strange error indeed and it's one that I've likely complained about before.
Narry a clue about this or the manifest fracked-up rest. Befuddled, yet it is what it is, pattern enough to forswear any rerun opportunities. :3

EDIT: Apropos culling in retrospect.
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 03 Sep 2014, 17:25, edited 5 times in total.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

My best wishes too, glad to have you back, I was wondering about the silence in this thread for a while, but now we know.
Keep up the fight :)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Thanks Jorzi. :) The fight will indeed continue, in this quantum reality or one of the myriad others. And yes, I subscribe to Everett's "Many Worlds" theory. (For those unfamiliar, I'll direct you to Imagining 10 Dimensions in Two Minutes for a brief introduction on how that works). How goes the modelling project?

More planning on my end today -- I've become a bit OCD regarding my housecleaning habits (a necessity when one has essentially had their immune system destroyed via chemotherapy ...) so I will get back to coding again tomorrow sometime.