Maps by Slartifartbarstud

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Giani
Regular
Regular

Re: Maps by Slartifartbarstud

Post by Giani »

:shock: They are awesome :good:
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Post by Slartifartbarstud »

Many thanks for the feedback gents and for the help getting them on here!
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Hey Guys, just created a 9 player map. Wanted to go with a lunar landscape pock-marked with meteorite craters and think the snow rendering really helps this. Map looks really good when played with Aubergines' 'starzone' sky mod!! Good luck!
Screenshot attacking enemy base
Screenshot attacking enemy base
Craters Screenshot.png
9c-Craters.wz
(102.82 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Nice maps Slartifartbarstud, can't wait to try them, Thanks a lot. :)

Is there a good story to the name you chose: Slartifartbarstud :hmm: :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

sg1efc wrote:Nice maps Slartifartbarstud, can't wait to try them, Thanks a lot. :)

Thank you very much sir, I have long admired all the work and effort you and all the other guys have put into WZ2100. I can only hope these maps pose a good challenge but if there are any tweeks you want me to make I surely will. Always open to suggestions. I've made loads more maps and will publish the ones I'm most happy with or think that will provide the most interesting gameplay.
As for the name, it comes from my affinity with science fiction and comedy. A play on words to incorporate Douglas Adams' character who designed the Norwegian Fjords. He was called Slartibartfast in the story Hitchickers Guide to the Galaxy and as mentioned he designed landscapes and so do I on here. How fitting! 8)
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Slartifartbarstud wrote:
sg1efc wrote:Nice maps Slartifartbarstud, can't wait to try them, Thanks a lot. :)

Thank you very much sir, I have long admired all the work and effort you and all the other guys have put into WZ2100. I can only hope these maps pose a good challenge but if there are any tweeks you want me to make I surely will. Always open to suggestions. I've made loads more maps and will publish the ones I'm most happy with or think that will provide the most interesting gameplay.
As for the name, it comes from my affinity with science fiction and comedy. A play on words to incorporate Douglas Adams' character who designed the Norwegian Fjords. He was called Slartibartfast in the story Hitchickers Guide to the Galaxy and as mentioned he designed landscapes and so do I on here. How fitting! 8)
Oh no, :oops: please do not confuse me with all the great people here who are the talented ones, those who create & improve WZ2100. :) The only thing I do here is Thank everyone for all their hard work, in continuing to improve WZ2100. :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

sg1efc hello :)
Oh no, :oops: please do not confuse me with all the great people here who are the talented ones, those who create & improve WZ2100. :)

Believe in yourself more, stop putting yourself in this "rat" position, you do so here there and everywhere, as I can see for some time.
The only thing I do here is Thank everyone for all their hard work, in continuing to improve WZ2100. :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
Gues what, you really can do more! yes you can go beyond thanking! Look at each well known to you sections again, and see where is a place where you can really contribute.

If you consider yourelf to be "thanker" do it correctly. It is not correct if you type thank you, thank you, cool thank you, so cool thank a lot. Play a map, try a map, check models, and they try this.

Thank you Xxxxx the map Xxxx_XxxxxXx is so cool. It is the first map that brings well designed narrow paths which focus firepower of the all players in one place at the same time allowing small units sneak into this excellent valley. You have chosen great number to put there, four is just enough. And those islands at the corners! I underestimated the value of the mountains there, which made perfect protection for my secret base.
I also do not like one thing.. the canon fortresses protecting the main bases areas, with 12 oils map is far to big defence structure to be used. Generaly the map reminds me of smashed tomato, and I like tomatoes very much! so cool man so cool, thank you, thank you so much!

In that way you improve both you and others. And please stopo with this, I wouldn't dare, or I mean nothing, or i am far to beginner. There are better, word is cruel. I want to thank and i am the thanker thanking, BTW, thank you.

Man please in the name of God.. I was starting here once too, and do believe me I dared to expres my opinions, some were well suited, the others were pathetic, but I am who I am now.

Please seriously, do not be scared, say more than this "cool, thank you, played"

Slartifartbarstud I am sorry for all of that. All I can see from this preview.. and what I have said in other section of the forum.. you do need to rethink your base placement order, as quik placememnt of players as we would wish them to be is a nightmare here. Total chaos rule.

Bye Gentlemen.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

MountainScavs: A large, high oil map but lots of trekking in order to find it all. A very intricate maze design with lots of Scavs in the centre to stop early rushing however sides are open to attacks and other routes need defending. Used Rockies Tileset. Hope you have fun!
4c-MountainScavs.png
MountainScavs Screenshot.png
4c-MountainScavs.wz
(110.7 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Two new maps here people. Read a few posts wishing for maps that encourage VTOL use and developed these.

AirSupremecy: Large open space 4 player map. Trying to encourage the use of VTOLs above tanks and cyborgs. Takes ages to reach the centre so air attacks are of great importance.

Start with advanced bases if playing AI and they start with 5 VTOL factories.
4c-AirSupremecy.png
Air DomSup Screenshot.png
4c-AirSupremecy.wz
(94.9 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Air Dominance: 2nd version of AirSupremecy where there is no unit access to the centre except with transports. Larger areas on the cliff roads have been included to build rearming pads, making shorter VTOL runs. I have a 2 player version of this map. Will release if its wanted, could be developed for a challenge but I don't know how!!

Start with advanced bases when playing AI and you all get 5 VTOL factories.
4c-AirDominance.png
Air DomSup Screenshot.png
4c-AirDominance.wz
(97.07 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

Please pick a license.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8094
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Sorry, forgot about that!!

Create all my maps using Flame under licence CC BY 3.0 + GPL v2+

:)

Thanks for downloading my maps everyone :)
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Slartifartbarstud wrote:Thanks for downloading my maps everyone :)
Thank you very much for making them for all of us. :bow2: :)
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Flake Valley: 5 Player map with Scavs, Rockies tileset. Started this map using an embroidery pattern for a snowflake!! You can still see it, kind of, it's the lowest level areas of the map depicted in black on the image below! It just went from there. Each base has 12 oils to start and many more around the map. There are five inner zones and five outer zones all containing oil reserves, there for the taking and fighting over. With advanced bases on you will see defenses for the outer zone that corresponds to your chosen base. The scavs are in the centre of the map, they can be avoided as the circular path around the inner zones allows plenty of movement around the map and places to set up defences and engage in combat. Have fun everyone.
5c-FlakeValley.png
FlakeValley Screenshot.png
5c-FlakeValley.wz
(119.88 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

WarPod7: 7 player map with Scavs. There are 14 pods creating outer and inner rings, 2 pods per player. 8 oils in each pod. Who's to say you can't steal from your neighbour?? There are four islands with four oils each, uneven to create the need to fight over them. A large amount of oils directly outside each pod on the inner and outer rings. The scavs in the centre hold many more oils for the taking. Have fun everyone.
7c-WarPod.png
WarPod Screenshot.png
7c-WarPod7.wz
(90.89 KiB) Downloaded 292 times