Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Post by NoQ »

The repair facility looks nice, but I still prefer the good old Repair Facilities that resemble a pillar with a rotating repair turret on them:
I had a feeling that there are four different repair facilities that are available in your mod //was i wrong? Anyway, why not make the other repair facility look different, so that it were clear how much advanced a structure is?
dont play the null bot on maxed oil maps, very scary AI, even on normal setting.
Oh come on, it does nothing that a human can't do; in fact he can be beaten easily. (also, he doesn't yet have an easy setting for this mod yet, easy and medium are sort of equal, while the difference between medium and hard is still pretty subtle).
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

NoQ wrote:I had a feeling that there are four different repair facilities that are available in your mod //was i wrong? Anyway, why not make the other repair facility look different, so that it were clear how much advanced a structure is?
All 4 of them are currently using the same .pie model, though maybe I could apply some different textures to them in the future to make them seem like they're made out of different materials...
Cook1990 wrote:with 10 factories enabled, an hour in i lose the ability to build tank factories, even if i havent built all 10, thats needs to be fixed.
I've taken a look at it, and it does indeed happen. I had to reduce my factory count below 5 before I could build some more again. Sadly, this seems to be a problem that a mere modder like me isn't able to fix. Even worse, nobody on the dev team seems willing to fix this. :annoyed: If only I could become one myself...
Cook1990 wrote:satillite dish center (sensor that shows full map, can remember the correct name) cannot be built or researched.
Were you able to research Wide-Spectrum Sensors (which require all the heavier versions of the other sensors)? According to prresearch.txt, you'll need to research Wide Spectrum Sensors, Neural Synapse Research Brain Mk3, Nanoscale Engineering Mk3, and Plascrete Walls.

Edit: Nevermind. I see what the problem is. It's missing research paths to the Heavy CB Turret that's causing the problem. Will fix soon.

Edit #2: Done. Version 0.2.3 is out. Players should now be able to research Heavy CB Turrets, and by extension, Wide-Spectrum Sensors and Satellite Uplinks.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Version 0.3 is out now, and I expect things to heat up with the new flamers that I added in:
On the far left row are the T3 Plasmite Flamers, on the middle row are the T2 Thermite Flamers, and on the far right row are the T1 Flamers. As you can guess, the bigger the turret, the heavier and more deadly it is.
On the far left row are the T3 Plasmite Flamers, on the middle row are the T2 Thermite Flamers, and on the far right row are the T1 Flamers. As you can guess, the bigger the turret, the heavier and more deadly it is.
Like Zerg-rushing, but with flamethrowers! Now that there are heavier flamers, players could now have something worthy of mounting onto heavier vehicles. If the lighter Flamers are like Zerglings, then these Heavy Flamers would be like Ultralisks!
Like Zerg-rushing, but with flamethrowers! Now that there are heavier flamers, players could now have something worthy of mounting onto heavier vehicles. If the lighter Flamers are like Zerglings, then these Heavy Flamers would be like Ultralisks!
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Just a quick update with a few new Machineguns: (Man, I'm releasing these updates on a quicker-than-daily basis, aren't I?)
From left to right: Twin Vulcan Gattling Gun, Twin Punisher Gattling Gun, and Twin Hellfury Gauss Minigun. All 3 turrets weigh as much as a Heavy Cannon.
From left to right: Twin Vulcan Gattling Gun, Twin Punisher Gattling Gun, and Twin Hellfury Gauss Minigun. All 3 turrets weigh as much as a Heavy Cannon.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

When I turn Lassats off, they can still be built anyway. Can you look into this?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

By that you mean that computer players can still build LasSats, even when their limit is set to 0? I'm betting it's an AI problem, though I haven't edited an AI before. I'll see what I can do.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I'm sure the AI can't violate the structure limit. Last time i checked, it was fine; i even made some explicit efforts to make the AI work correctly if he can't build a lab or a factory. The API functions must fail if the structure limits are violated, and it was so last time i checked. I will have a look again, of course.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

I do remember being able to build lassats myself even though I set it to 0.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Check also the default limits set in rules.js. I've started documenting game rules here: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/page ... Id=6947275
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NullBot Contingency AI updated to v0.7. It now has a third generic subpersonality, the cannon/railgun spammer (in addition to existing mg/laser and flamer/laser AIs).
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Version 0.3.2 is out now, with the introduction of a new tactical ballistic missile: the Oblivion.
wz2100-20120609_022905-Sk-Rush.jpg
Unlike the other TBMs, the Oblivion precision-guided TBM was designed for taking out individual high-priority targets, such as ultra-heavy tanks and fortresses. As such, it deals very high direct damage, but no splash damage.

Also, a short reminder of the balance questions I'd like to ask:
Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:- Are the Mini-Rocket Pods still overpowered? On version 0.2, I recently reduced their rate-of-fire to be 2 times that of a Light Cannon (as opposed to 3 times previously), while still dealing as much damage-per-shot as a Light Cannon, though I also set their accuracy to 3/8ths of cannons to balance that out.
- How well do the Hijacker Turrets perform in front-line battle? Are they overpowered? Underpowered?
- Is the repair speed of trucks too high? What about Repair Facilities?
- Should I increase the price of the fixed-mounted weapons even more? Although they can't turn or fire while moving like their turreted counterparts, which makes them vulnerable to flank attacks, they're cheaper, weigh less, and have the same degree of firepower as them. Previously, they costed 66% of their turreted counterparts, though this was later increased to 80% in version 0.2.
- How well do the Machineguns perform now that they've been given T3 counterparts, and now that they do a bit more damage in version 0.2?
- How well do the TBMs perform? Are they in need of a damage boost? If so, by how much?

Also, I'd like to see some recorded matches as part of the beta-testing process.
TheBurlak20
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TheBurlak20 »

I do not know why it does not work for me. I put mod to multiplay folder, i create a shortcut with the corresponding annotation.
(--mod_mp contingency_v0.3.2.wz)
"D:\Games\Warzone 2100 v3.1B10\warzone2100.exe" --mod_mp contingency_v0.3.2.wz

Click on the icon to start the game and nothing happens.

Please help I want to play this modification. :(
My English sucks...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

--mod_mp=contingency_v0.3.2.wz
TheBurlak20
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TheBurlak20 »

NoQ wrote:--mod_mp=contingency_v0.3.2.wz
It didn`t work. The game still doesn`t start.
My English sucks...
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Do I have to leave the readme in autoload?
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501